+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: warrior or rogue?

Shadowlander

Default warrior or rogue?

I have a hard time to choose between those 2.Im only interesed in the solo part of them, who is a able to survive and have higher dps souls.Can u please give me some suggestions and even better some comparation between the souls in each class that perform better for solo?I should mention that im looking for st and aoe builds in each and i have hand impairment that makes me unable to use to many buttons or complicated rotations(i have expansion)

Warrior has more 1-button specs. Rogues tend to be more complex in their rotations.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Warrior has more 1-button specs. Rogues tend to be more complex in their rotations.
    to be onest i like more like 1 button builds.I like something like 1 charge/debuff a spam macro, 1/2 finishers and a burst .I was long time away and i dont know how the souls are atm from warrior and rogue in terms of survival / dps.If posible a comparation so i can form an opinion.I have a paragon atm on my warrior that does like 200k for few sec of burst each min and around 160 k dps in sustained..In my mind i have like x from rogue with x from warrior souls for st as comparation ,y from warriorvs rogue for aoe,smt like that.And ofc the hand issue is to be counted
    Last edited by EndlessPain; 12-28-2016 at 09:10 PM.

That's not true. Warriors have more prominent and popular one button specs, not necessarily more or better ones. Many warrior souls, particularly Riftblade, Beastmaster, Warlord and Tempest (although only the former two are viable) have high skill ceilings, but it's very rare to see a warrior touch those skill ceilings.

In terms of calling balance, warriors have higher potential ST DPS at the moment, but rogues have far superior healing, and AOE specs that are better suited to the meta right now. I wouldn't recommend playing a calling just based on how high their DPS is at the moment, since this can change from week to week. Instead, watch a few gameplay videos and base your choice off that.

Rogues are typically faster paced, with a 1 second GCD. Many rogue specs have a large number of smaller hits. Rogues can easily get stealth abilities, and can get a tank pet, which may be desirable to you at lower levels. Warriors tend to be slower, with larger but fewer hits. Many of our souls are melee.

In terms of passive self healing, rogues typically do a tiny bit better if you have Tactician. More tanky warrior solo specs tend to use 21 points in Paladin for Touch of Life. If you have the Ascended Soul pack, warrior self healing drastically increases with 18 points in Warchanter, for We Stand United (an oGCD finisher heal).
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 12-30-2016 at 12:56 PM.

warriors are a roller coaster. they are either strongly OP and need to be nerfed, or are bottom of the pile and in need of a buff.

rogues are consistently Flavor of the Game. they might not always be the strongest, but they are always viable in multiple souls/roles.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    warriors are a roller coaster. they are either strongly OP and need to be nerfed, or are bottom of the pile and in need of a buff.

rogues are consistently Flavor of the Game. they might not always be the strongest, but they are always viable in multiple souls/roles.
    When were warriors OP? I think they were pretty strong in 1.0 and decent in 4.0 but hardly OP. From all the threads about DPS parses, warriors are pretty gimped compared to rogues and clerics. They are about to get beaten to pulp with the nerf bat once the PTS changes roll through again.

To the OP: as a warrior, roll rogue and enjoy the red carpet treatment for your class... other than ranger, which will make you know what its like to be a warrior
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

Shadowlander

thx alot for all the info.All what i need to find out is that i can play 4-5 buttons specs on rogue ( because of my hand pain) and do as decent as if i would play warrior with same number of buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Wicksy View Post
    When were warriors OP? I think they were pretty strong in 1.0 and decent in 4.0 but hardly OP. From all the threads about DPS parses, warriors are pretty gimped compared to rogues and clerics. They are about to get beaten to pulp with the nerf bat once the PTS changes roll through again.

To the OP: as a warrior, roll rogue and enjoy the red carpet treatment for your class... other than ranger, which will make you know what its like to be a warrior
    bro-storm
    bro-spear
    re-re-worked reaver
    parachimp
    re-worked warlord

some got nerfed faster than others.

played warrior since beta.
    played rogue occasionally since vanilla.

my advice to the OP is to play a rogue. as a purely solo player, the Assassins ability to just stealth right past stuff will be invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessPain View Post
    thx alot for all the info.All what i need to find out is that i can play 4-5 buttons specs on rogue ( because of my hand pain) and do as decent as if i would play warrior with same number of buttons
    Try them both out. You can make multiple toons. ;)
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Shadowlander

Try them both out. You can make multiple toons. ;)
    I have atm a 70 warrior and a 65 rogue. So about warrior i know a bit but i dont know if i can get around same dps and survival( and with tact i think i can do that) with a 4-5 main rotation buttons on rogue
    Last edited by EndlessPain; 12-30-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Ascendant

I have atm a 70 warrior and a 65 rogue. So about warrior i know a bit but i dont know if i can get around same dps and survival( and with tact i think i can do that) with a 4-5 main rotation buttons on rogue
    I believe some dude testified that rogues can do 600k to 800k single target dps. So it's a no brainer to roll a rogue right now especially when warrior is completely unplayable currently...

Source... below. So reroll a rogue now and enjoy being completely OP!

Quote Originally Posted by arbosch View Post
    Well, our roques make 600k dps now and have burst of 800k. That is near double what reavers had. Clerics out dps everyone when mages power them up etc. etc.

Balance is now way worser then it was before the patch. The only difference is, that warrios got ****ed in their ***.

Arbosch Bloodforge
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 01-03-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Open World: Rogue and Mage are the most effective. Then Warrior in my experience. Cleric? Better find a friend.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/72 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Telaran

You can make it complex when you don't need. Every class can get good one button specs. which are not that far behind the top dps (70%). This is a lot more then some specs doing when you play them perfectly. Our roques parse with over 300k dps with single button specs. That is higher then our warriors one button specs. But a lot will change in the next weeks. Special when the raidini is coming out. They will see very fast which specs are overpowered and which are not get used when the parses from the firstkills get public. I can be wrong and roques are perfect balanced, but my experience is, that they owne even our mages in dungeons runs and our mages make 460k dps (single boss fights). So i am sure they will get some nerfhits in the next weeks where i see warrior more at the end of the foodchain. I think they will get buffed in the next weeks. Simple because parses don't lie. As warrior i really hope the raidini is coming earlier then later because as earlier it come, as faster the truth will come out which specs are overpowered and which are not.

Arbosch Bloodforge

Quote Originally Posted by arbosch View Post
    You can make it complex when you don't need. Every class can get good one button specs. which are not that far behind the top dps (70%). This is a lot more then some specs doing when you play them perfectly. Our roques parse with over 300k dps with single button specs. That is higher then our warriors one button specs. But a lot will change in the next weeks. Special when the raidini is coming out. They will see very fast which specs are overpowered and which are not get used when the parses from the firstkills get public. I can be wrong and roques are perfect balanced, but my experience is, that they owne even our mages in dungeons runs and our mages make 460k dps (single boss fights). So i am sure they will get some nerfhits in the next weeks where i see warrior more at the end of the foodchain. I think they will get buffed in the next weeks. Simple because parses don't lie. As warrior i really hope the raidini is coming earlier then later because as earlier it come, as faster the truth will come out which specs are overpowered and which are not.

Arbosch Bloodforge
    Warriors are top DPS right now... particularly in group settings...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    I believe some dude testified that rogues can do 600k to 800k single target dps. So it's a no brainer to roll a rogue right now especially when warrior is completely unplayable currently...

Source... below. So reroll a rogue now and enjoy being completely OP!
    The funny thing is, that other roques are able to do this, but you are not able to do it . Why in hell you think i hope that the raidini is coming out and show us real parses from raidbosses? Should i not fear the day they come out when the things i post are not true?

Arbosch Bloodforge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast