+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best class for old dungeon farming?

Plane Walker

Default Best class for old dungeon farming?

I want to start an alt to farm old dungeons for plat so that i can afford to upgrade my fragments.
    What class is best for speeding through old dungeons?
    Main criteria
    1. Fast movement speed
    2. Threat drop for trash
    3. High burst for boss (boss hp are only 1mil+, so expecting only 3-5sec to kill them)

I'm currently considering:
    1. 61sin/12bard/3 marksman: stealth from sin, 15% ms buff from bard, 50% ms buff for 5 sec from marksman
    2. 61reaver/5bm/10riftblade: stealth from reaver, 10% ms buff from bm, 10% ms buff from riftblade

Does 61sin or 61 reaver have better ~3-4sec bursts?

Any better class/specs you can think of? (eg. higher movement speed bonuses)

What constitutes as "old dungeons"? Anything that spam AOE is the better option to just annihilate trash.

NT dungeons might require more of a solo farm spec.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    What constitutes as "old dungeons"? Anything that spam AOE is the better option to just annihilate trash.

NT dungeons might require more of a solo farm spec.
    Not NT dungeons, older ones like SL, so bosses are pretty weak (1m+ hp)

Is there a spec with good ST burst but also good AOE to clear trash (dont want to waste time switching roles before and after every boss), and give higher movement speed bonuses than the above? The AOE must be instant cast and can target mobs behind you so that you dont waste time turning.
    Last edited by Wowo; 12-16-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post

Is there a spec with good ST burst but also good AOE to clear trash (dont want to waste time switching roles before and after every boss), and give higher movement speed bonuses than the above? The AOE must be instant cast and can target mobs behind you so that you dont waste time turning.
    SL dungeons are a joke. You don't need anything special.

You don't need anything special. Cleric > Shaman, Mage > Harb, Warrior > Riftblade, Rogue > Idk, Primalist > Idk
    Last edited by Riane; 12-16-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Champion of Telara

61 harb I'd say. Lucent slash is a 360 degree AOE. Burst aint the best, but it's aoe and ST combination is quite good. Plus you can phase step to mobs and skip through a lot if that's your thing.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Plane Walker

SL dungeons are a joke. You don't need anything special.

You don't need anything special. Cleric > Shaman, Mage > Harb, Warrior > Riftblade, Rogue > Idk, Primalist > Idk
    I know any spec can clear the dungeon...i want to find the fastest one (biggest movement speed bonus and burst)

I know any spec can clear the dungeon...i want to find the fastest one (biggest movement speed bonus and burst)
    It does not matter. It's so easy it's not a thing.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    61 harb I'd say. Lucent slash is a 360 degree AOE. Burst aint the best, but it's aoe and ST combination is quite good. Plus you can phase step to mobs and skip through a lot if that's your thing.
    Range of lucent slash is too low though, if i'm speeding through it with Ride the wind buff i'd eventually have to stop to clear the trash.

It does not matter. It's so easy it's not a thing.
    I'm clearing it multiple times, if i clear it in 4min, i'd be making 20% faster profit than clearing it in 5min.

Range of lucent slash is too low though, if i'm speeding through it with Ride the wind buff i'd eventually have to stop to clear the trash.

I'm clearing it multiple times, if i clear it in 4min, i'd be making 20% faster profit than clearing it in 5min.
    It's not really that serious considering nerf to gold.

Plane Walker

It's not really that serious considering nerf to gold.
    What do you mean? 20% faster = 20% more profit, regardless of the amount of profit.

What do you mean? 20% faster = 20% more profit, regardless of the amount of profit.
    Harbinger has passive movement speed. Riftblade has passive movement speed.

It's all in the soul trees.

Plane Walker

Harbinger has passive movement speed. Riftblade has passive movement speed.

It's all in the soul trees.
    There are some soul combinations that result in higher total movement speed than these, i'm trying to figure out the optimal one.

Soulwalker

Cabalist / Defiler. The Cab autocasts boundfate every second, so you literally just run through without even targeting anything, then dot the boss. Easy peasy.

There are some soul combinations that result in higher total movement speed than these, i'm trying to figure out the optimal one.
    Okay, so then work with the soul combinations that result in higher total movement speed. You seem to know already so why ask here and continuously lambaste the feedback given?

> Movement speed
    > Damage (st/aoe)

Pick one.

Plane Touched

Any class that have runspeed and port access as well as passive runspeed... they are mostly faceroll ...All classes can clear pretty fast but I would say best would be mage and rogue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast