+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank self-healing / sustain at 70

Rift Disciple

Default Tank self-healing / sustain at 70

Hi guys, bit of an odd question here that I have not seen an answer to yet.

Which tank is best able to sustain (either through healing or shields) and also able to do a bit of dps?

Justicar definitely has been working for me at 70 but killing packs of mobs tends to take a long time.

In a previous iteration of Rift, long, long ago, I used to have a riftstalker and paladin tank both at 50. Each one had two greater essences that healed on block (or damage, can't remember now). With the paladin blocking tons of attacks I remember being able to tank dozens of mobs and not dying. With the riftstalker, I believe it was triggering on the aoe damage somehow and then healing.

Due to there not being any greater essences anymore (at least from what I have seen), is there any way to get this style of play again?

My paladin is at lvl 61 and I have a long ways to go before I can test things out at 70 with legendaries. My rogue is much lower. I have done some calculations on rogue healing based on the legendary, and from the gear stats I have seen in game, it seems that a rogue would get (say 350k health so 35k over 5 seconds) 7k per second healing, which does not seem like very much.

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Ceonnyn View Post
    Hi guys, bit of an odd question here that I have not seen an answer to yet.

Which tank is best able to sustain (either through healing or shields) and also able to do a bit of dps?

Justicar definitely has been working for me at 70 but killing packs of mobs tends to take a long time.

In a previous iteration of Rift, long, long ago, I used to have a riftstalker and paladin tank both at 50. Each one had two greater essences that healed on block (or damage, can't remember now). With the paladin blocking tons of attacks I remember being able to tank dozens of mobs and not dying. With the riftstalker, I believe it was triggering on the aoe damage somehow and then healing.

Due to there not being any greater essences anymore (at least from what I have seen), is there any way to get this style of play again?

My paladin is at lvl 61 and I have a long ways to go before I can test things out at 70 with legendaries. My rogue is much lower. I have done some calculations on rogue healing based on the legendary, and from the gear stats I have seen in game, it seems that a rogue would get (say 350k health so 35k over 5 seconds) 7k per second healing, which does not seem like very much.

Thanks for the help
    Depends on the content you're trying to do. If you are trying to do mostly open world, you can do something like 51 Bladedancer, 21 Riftstalker 4 Tactician. The 21 in Riftstalker gives you the tank buff and boosted recovery, as well as some other tank goodies like taunts and such, and going 51 in bladedancer gives you some very strong AoE. 4 in Tactician gives you legendary Curative Core, which heals for a boatload just from getting hit. I used this spec a lot in NT (before legendaries) to DPS tank, and could pull around 55-60k ST and 250k+ AoE, while still being pretty tanky.

If you want to stick with a full 61 point build, Justicar I think with the Hammer of Faith spam is probably going to be one of the better options for AoE damage right now. Maybe someone else has had better luck with something else.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    in Tactician gives you legendary Curative Core, which heals for a boatload just from getting hit.
    Just to add on that, legendary curative engine also heals on attack instead of just when getting hit.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Ascendant

Primalists are decent with their Essence Strike
    This build for mages means you no longer require a healer in experts. I'd say it's probably the best for the no healer burn through experts role at the moment.

Like others have said, what in particular are you trying to do?
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    Just to add on that, legendary curative engine also heals on attack instead of just when getting hit.
    Technically, regular curative engine does too; they changed it when SFP launched.

Plane Touched

Justicar is pretty bad. I like Mage(or Rogue) for experts. They are fast. VK is strong too but those other classes are better than warriors in terms of all they can bring to the table. BM is suppose to be strong support but I doubt it will last long and Archon is still a full range spec. Oracle and Bard are basically useless or niche.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-04-2017 at 11:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread