+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged Character

Champion

Default Ranged Character

I'm 68 and have some medical issues, and so I play best with a minimal cast bar, and I prefer (need) a ranged character with a minion that can tank, to keep things off me. Melee is not an option for me. I play mainly solo, and don't know if I'll ever raid - probably not.

I've been looking over different characters/souls for the past few hours (and have a headache lol). I saw one character with 4 cast bars - can't do that.

I'm currently playing a rogue (bow/gun), and mage (storm caller - mainly electrical spells). Both have a pet to tank, so that works out for me. I also have another mage that mainly uses fire spells, but for some reason the casting is too slow (compared to the storm caller). I'd like to play multiple characters, so I'm looking for help to get another 2-3 characters.

Something ranged, with a pet, and not with 4 cast bars.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

The Rogue Ranger class has a piggy tank pet, the Mage Elementalist got an overhaul and has good DPS with not too many macros to set up, Clerics also got a makeover with the Druid class, all these three offer you pets that can tank for you, keep the baddies away as you pew pew them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    I'm currently playing a rogue (bow/gun), and mage (storm caller - mainly electrical spells). Both have a pet to tank, so that works out for me. I also have another mage that mainly uses fire spells, but for some reason the casting is too slow (compared to the storm caller). I'd like to play multiple characters, so I'm looking for help to get another 2-3 characters.

Something ranged, with a pet, and not with 4 cast bars.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Look for McChaffe's Easy Elementalist Guide...it has 4 buttons at the most and does pretty good dps and an insta heal using the pet's life. The Ranger for the Rogue class has a tank pet as well as Slipmat says. Don't go with a Cleric though (Druid) as that role is melee only.

Also, your Pyromancer wouldn't be too friendly regarding how many spells to cast as there is a lot of micro managing of your damage buff and there are quite a few buttons to push for that role.

Rogues and Mages are pretty much the only classes where you can have tank/pets and still do "decent" damage with that are ranged (and relatively few buttons to press). Warriors (Beastmaster) is a support class with no tank pet and is melee, as is the Cleric's Druid (has a tank pet).
    Last edited by Sylvermoon; 08-19-2016 at 08:07 AM.
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

+ Reply to Thread