+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Artewig
  • 1 Post By Gilgad
  • 1 Post By MoMo1

Thread: Useless souls (and how to make them work)

Default Useless souls (and how to make them work)

I'm starting this thread so we can gather all the specs that need urgent reworks together, since there are some specs that are getting reworked but were perfectly fine or simply didn't need a rework so desedperately as others (looking at you druid).
    The idea is to give ideas on how to improve them or simply which role should they fill, not only say the soul name.
    Also, lets focus on 61 point (or close to 61) builds. We cn think about hybridization later.

So, starting the list:

-Tactician: I feel this was an attempt to combine chloro with beastmaster, which didn't work at all. Here we have 2 options (and both incluye severely reducing it's damage): Either make it analogous to beastmaster like oracle is to bard, or transform it into a raid healer. Right now rogues and primalist are the only callings without raid heals, and if a raid healer is coming for primalist, we might aswell give rogues one.
    On the other hand, making it like beastmaster would give us another class with damage reduction cooldowns (like ablative coil).

-Necromancer: Don't get me wrong, I love necro, but right now tye damage isnt good as other souls, link is weaker than defiler, has no healing and acts more as a support (like defiler). Give it more links and a mechanics similar to foul growth. The pet could be the one to take the absorbed damage like the defiler does, and the pet would get and absorption shield (like husk) when we use certain damage dealing avilities. Also, the pet would heal when we do dmage like it currently does. If the pet dies, the mage takes the damage without any shields and therefor dies. The ranged pet could also be reworked so it heals a little bit (not as muchas as currently druid's pet) the linked allies.

Dominator: Make it ae damage with cc skills (like cabalist). Currently it does no damage at all, cc is not that good (in some cases it shines, I know that), and the mana drains, which are one of it's best uses in PvP, are getting removed from the game).
    Another idea (more like fantasy, since I don't see anything like this coming anytime soon) would be to actually possess a mob from a distancia, and being able to use ae skills coming from that mob at the cost of the mob's HP (shadow whip: rips a strand of the controles monster's shadow to use it as a whip to attack all other monsters around him. Only usble on humanoids). This could also be used ST. Of course this wouldnt work in raids because the mage would be static, but it would work almost everywhere else and give a new ubique playstyle to the mage.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Champion

Where did you hear that mana drain was deign removed from dominator?

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Where did you hear that mana drain was deign removed from dominator?
    Latest Livestream. They're removing the mechanic completely to go along with the Dominator rework.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Add Dervish, Vulcanist and Berserker to that list.

Champion

I don't get to see the live stream as the timing is not right in EU...are they removing the drain from other callings or just dominator? Some bosses require draining.

Why on earth remove mana wrench?

Looks like it will be another soul with little revelance..real shame.. Turned into just another AOE spec. It was unique..something no other calling had but will now be just another useless / soon to be forgotten spec for Mage no one uses because others do things better.

I am begining to lose interest in Rift now that every calling does the same thing.
    Last edited by MoMo1; 06-26-2016 at 06:11 PM.

I don't get to see the live stream as the timing is not right in EU...are they removing the drain from other callings or just dominator? Some bosses require draining.
    I didn't watch it either, as I work during the livestream, but luckily they record them. Skip to 3:12:00

They're moving the entire mechanic. So nothing will be able to mana drain and nothing will need to be mana drained.
    Last edited by Artewig; 06-26-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Add Dervish, Vulcanist and Berserker to that list.
    I think the best solution would be just increasing the damage to match maelstrom, and make font of sublimation only affect maelstrom spells
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Illuyanka View Post
    I think the best solution would be just increasing the damage to match maelstrom, and make font of sublimation only affect maelstrom spells
    Best solution for making other classes worthless for DPS?
    Maelstrom should be nerfed, dervish needs a buff, Berserker is getting some tweaks soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretoi View Post
    Best solution for making other classes worthless for DPS?
    Maelstrom should be nerfed, dervish needs a buff, Berserker is getting some tweaks soon.
    Maelstrom is already getting nerfed, reducing excoriate and vaporize damage. The suggestion was considering this change
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric

Champion

I would be interested to learn what their thinking is behind the loss of draining. Do they intend that everything is done by dps and cc? A healer can can heal without hindrance and the fully t3 plus can get away with out being stopped' What are their thoughts? I really would like to know. I do not see the point and would like the DEVS to explain.

I would be interested to learn what their thinking is behind the loss of draining. Do they intend that everything is done by dps and cc? A healer can can heal without hindrance and the fully t3 plus can get away with out being stopped' What are their thoughts? I really would like to know. I do not see the point and would like the DEVS to explain.
    Watch the livestream postes above by artewig
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric

+ Reply to Thread