+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Zjosh86
  • 1 Post By Fia

Thread: Coming back...melee off heals?

Default Coming back...melee off heals?

Haven't played the game since SL. I would like to be primarily dps, with a tad bit of healing on the side. I really like this style of play.

I've messed around with Justicar in some cleric builds (shaman/druid main) and I've really enjoyed playing my bard, too. The problem is, I mostly run 5 mans and nobody seems to want the bard around as its an overall dps loss.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Maybe nothing fits the bill?

Rift Disciple

Mages with Harb and Chloro seems to be the bill you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    Mages with Harb and Chloro seems to be the bill you are looking for
    I'll be sure to check that out! Any options for priest, warrior or cleric?

Thanks for your help!

Rift Disciple

For warrior not really... Not something that gives some extra group healing only some builds that have self healing, For clerics there are some Shaman Hybrids that give minor heals depending on the off souls... Really the only one that fits the bill of exactly what you are looking for is a Mage that runs Habringer with sub souls of Chloro

Even at low levels you can use that hybrid to heal dungeons as a actual healer, though it requires knowledge of when the best timing for using abilities is. After level 50 or so you wont really beable to straight heal dungeons with that hybrid though you will beable to give out some nice group healing that will make it easier to clear dungeons. The nice thing about the Harb/chloro build is that you can put full points into Harbringer and still bring out nice dps while viably giving some nice support heals, If you dont want to do the full 61Harb there are some builds that go further into Chloro that still do nice DPS while putting out decent HPS.

There are actually some Raid encounters that use the Harb/chloro build to provide nice raid heals without having to be a full healer to give the overall raid team more dps.

Thanks again! Ill start there!

Fia

At level 65, a Cleric Shaman get's more selfhealing, but by far not as much as a Mage would.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Shadowlander

Cleric has a fair amount of options.
    Lately I have been tinkering with a Defilier/Justicar build as a main heals alternative for NTE. Its not bad, RM on the tank with your 20% link, macro with pain transmission and even justice for aoe, etc etc
    There is another variation that is GREAT for aoe encounters (lacks in ST though) and that is justicar/druid. take justicar until you get the bres, and take druid pretty high ... even justice for aoe spam and toggle between the seer for dps or the fairy healer for extra hps. I usually default to the seer. In good AOE fights ive done up to 110k DPS and 40k HPS same time.

For the most DPS (and the least HPS) just go with 61 sha/12 justicar/3 inq. you still get RM for extra heals on 1 target, some splash heals and still do respectable DPS. I use this spec as a solo/duo PVE spec if im going after something nasty. It holds up really well.

There seem to be some interesting possibilities with defiler/justicar. I plan to mess around with some more builds and find something i really like.

+ Reply to Thread