+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 1 Post By DarkDaemon

Thread: best 5 man easy mode healer these days?

Default best 5 man easy mode healer these days?

with the ascended souls, and the primalist souls, and the original souls. I'm wondering...is there one that shines above the rest for just running normal and expert dungeons and healing them?

I should add I want to level through the content and hit all the dungeons along the way as healer
    Last edited by swordfish; 06-03-2016 at 09:37 AM.

At 65, with gear .. I like my one-button Sentinel when I am lazy
    At 65 without gear, Purifier

But below 65? Not Chloro. I don't know about FK or WC. Probably Liberator then, as tank damage is lower and AoE heals come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    At 65, with gear .. I like my one-button Sentinel when I am lazy
    At 65 without gear, Purifier

But below 65? Not Chloro. I don't know about FK or WC. Probably Liberator then, as tank damage is lower and AoE heals come with it.
    Liberator at low levels scales very poorly (try level 60 IAs in Liberator). Physician seemed strong on my level 34 rogue.

It's also a little more difficult than ST healers at very low gear levels in NTEs, but you'll do fine if your tank isn't terrible. Purifier is probably the easiest healer to start out with in NTEs.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 06-03-2016 at 10:03 AM.

how is preserver at level 15-20 at keeping a group alive? basically looking for a solid (and easy to play) healer to level up with, by dungeon runs if I can get em.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Liberator at low levels scales very poorly (try level 60 IAs in Liberator).
    If you're referencing being bolstered up or down in IAs, that's poor scaling for any soul (healing or DPS.)

Liberator at level 60 itself was more than fine before 3.0 came out. Not sure if you played around then to know this .

At 65, Purifier outshines everything else, but don't underestimate 61 Physician either...
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
    how is preserver at level 15-20 at keeping a group alive? basically looking for a solid (and easy to play) healer to level up with, by dungeon runs if I can get em.
    I recently leveled up my Primalist mainly by running dungeons and IAs. I found the preserver to be a decently strong st healing soul at low levels. Spamming the Nuture skill constantly topped off the tank and did a good amount of radiating AOE damage at low levels. Once I hit 65, NTE's were a bit of a challenge and caused you to be on your toes because of being undergeared but once you get better gear and higher stats, it performs well.

If you're looking to heal most of the time leveling and end game, clerics would be a very nice option because they currently have the most preferred ST healing soul.

If you plan on being healer mainly at max level, go either cleric or mage.
    Purifier and chloro are needed in all raids. Mage has frostkeeper now which is an excelente st-2t healer, abd cleric... well, they have defiler which is also awesome. But for raid heals mage definitely has the advantage over warden
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

this thread is about leveling through dungeons 1-65 as a healer.

Was looking for an easy mode healer mostly so I can see content and get groups. yet that strategy seems bad. I've sat in queue after queue day after day..not 1 group. (granted I'm level 19 atm).

curious about preserver and chloromancer too from 1-65 as a healer. Hard to keep groups alive, easy? etc.. From what I hear so far the best is Purifier 1-65...but I have yet to get 1 single group to actually try any healer out. :|
    Last edited by swordfish; 06-10-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Was looking for an easy mode healer mostly so I can see content and get groups. yet that strategy seems bad. I've sat in queue after queue day after day..not 1 group. (granted I'm level 19 atm).

curious about preserver and chloromancer too from 1-65 as a healer. Hard to keep groups alive, easy? etc.. From what I hear so far the best is Purifier 1-65...but I have yet to get 1 single group to actually try any healer out. :|
    The problem is just no one really queuing for dungeons at that level

I know you might want to give it a whirl in a dungeon, but if you aren't getting a pop, maybe go into open world or MoM Instant Adventures instead to try it out. I'd suggest pvp (if you even liked that) but those queues are just as hard to get into because low to no interest.

If you really want to do dungeons at lower levels, try asking in chat, particularly your level bracket, crossevents and your guild, if you have one. Join a levelling guild if you're inclined to.

Warchanter is awesome especially if you have lib as a hybrid. Very easy to play as well. I have no problem healing 108K tanks at all (arguably better than my puri.) And much more fun too. However, I would definitely stick to mage or rogue if you intend to do more than just heal. Those classes are designed with everything in mind.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-13-2016 at 03:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread