+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new to rift, need class help

Soulwalker

Question new to rift, need class help

I'm new to rift, but not to MMOs. With rift's nifty callings and souls, I've got too many options. I was looking for some experienced aid here. I purchased primarist if that's a good option. I prefer having minions with me but it isn't a must. I'd prefer something good at both melee and range. I like to take a hit, but not necessarily tank. If anyone has ideas for a good build to help me, I'd be grateful.

Primalist soloing is not so great, particularly at lower levels.

Elementalist and Necromancer are great soloing souls with tank pets for mage. Elementalist is a particularly good choice since it's getting some buffs soon.

Warriors lack tank pets, but have decent sustain. You can use something like Warlord Champion or my Paragon Paladin. I don't recommend Warlord Champion from level 60-65 though. You're far better off with a full, normal DPS spec like Paragon.

Clerics have Druid for soloing (it has a tank pet, and can also switch to other kinds of pets), and that's also getting a buff.

Finally, rogues have Ranger, but are generally decent at leveling in most of their specs with a few points in Tactician (a paid soul).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlord234 View Post
    I'm new to rift, but not to MMOs. With rift's nifty callings and souls, I've got too many options. I was looking for some experienced aid here. I purchased primarist if that's a good option. I prefer having minions with me but it isn't a must. I'd prefer something good at both melee and range. I like to take a hit, but not necessarily tank. If anyone has ideas for a good build to help me, I'd be grateful.
    Every calling has alot of options for leveling/soloing and no calling is too far behind another in raw damage, tank durability, healing potential or any aspect for that matter.. Primalist has some great potential and is probably the most versatile calling in the game right now. It currently lacks raid healing and support but that is being worked on as it's a new calling there are things changing for it often and 4 more souls are on the way for it. Most other callings have tried and true specs that you won't be able to differ from if you want to stay competitive.

My point being, watch some videos and try every soul until you find a playstyle you enjoy then stick with that. There are many guides available in the specific calling discussion threads for information on how each soul works.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

+ Reply to Thread