+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Trauumhaft

Thread: What is the Most competitive ranged dps for pvp and pve.

Soulwalker

Default What is the Most competitive ranged dps for pvp and pve.

So the title kind of explains my question, BUT I don't want the fotm op class, I want to know what's the constant competitive rdps for pvp and pve. Please give your reasons why.

- Pyro
    - Marksman
    - Inquisitor
    - Reaver
    - Tempest

In that order.

- Maelstrom (Played properly)
    - Vulcanist
    - Inquisitor - Runeshaper??
    - Tempest - Pyro
    - Marksman - Ranger??
    - Reaver - Warlock??
    - Nightblade/NBsin??
    - Rangebinger
    - Rangeagon
    - Rangeish

?? means not sure but I think here. This is purely just flat dps.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-26-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    - Maelstrom (Played properly)
    - Vulcanist
    - Inquisitor - Runeshaper??
    - Tempest - Pyro
    - Marksman - Ranger??
    - Reaver - Warlock??
    - Nightblade/NBsin??
    - Rangebinger
    - Rangeagon
    - Rangeish

?? means not sure but I think here. This is purely just flat dps.
    He said no Fotm, maelstrom is very much fotm.

Vulcanist is a one trick pony, and primalist are bugged in pvp. Whoo hoo ethereal beam every min- oh crap I got CC'd/interrupted.

Runeshaper is too slow/too rng for pvp. It can also be considered fotm as well since it's currently a dps/support soul that's doing more damage than a dedicated dps soul ( inq ) so expect nerfs.

I forgot about warlock, I'd put it right behind reaver with the recent changes to it.

The rest of the hybrids you listed aren't ranged, but I got the joke lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    He said no Fotm, maelstrom is very much fotm.

Vulcanist is a one trick pony, and primalist are bugged in pvp. Whoo hoo ethereal beam every min- oh crap I got CC'd/interrupted.

Runeshaper is too slow/too rng for pvp. It can also be considered fotm as well since it's currently a dps/support soul that's doing more damage than a dedicated dps soul ( inq ) so expect nerfs.

I forgot about warlock, I'd put it right behind reaver with the recent changes to it.

The rest of the hybrids you listed aren't ranged, but I got the joke lol.
    I mean I said I was referring to flat DPS and the only place you can get flat DPS is in raid environments so I wasn't referring to PVP at all because the user asked for PVP and PVE so I referred to the PVE portion and it would be stupid not to add all the relevant specs to the question.

Plane Walker

I heard Vulcanist is top ST DPS for PvE. Then, for each of the classes in Rift, it'd go:
    >Inquisitor
    >Tempest
    >Pyro
    >Marksman
    --
    For PvP reasons, you have more to think about than just pure DPS. Adding utility to that, you get:
    >Ranger (I put this on top because OP Diffuse, Shadow Fire proc, pets that will attack when target is LOS/reduce healing recieved and done using the Greater Dire Wolf pet; 5 target interrupt)
    >Pyro (ranged stun > fulminate ez mode; 8s root; other CC)
    >Marksman (purge, debilitate/interrupt, knockback, root)
    >Inquisitor (many channels, though you do have similar utilities as Pyro and MM)
    >Tempest (better to go Reaver for PvP, as I rarely see Tempests kill me or anyone else for that matter)
    --
    Note that this is for ST.
    Last edited by Wonski; 05-02-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    »\_(ツ)_/»

Quote Originally Posted by coldnight0302 View Post
    So the title kind of explains my question, BUT I don't want the fotm op class, I want to know what's the constant competitive rdps for pvp and pve. Please give your reasons why.
    Warriors have large time stamps of being FoTM in both PvE and PvP. Some examples are Reavers in NT, and Tempagon/Warpest in SL. NT and SL are the expansion of Rift. That is pretty much the only constant I can say will most likely continue into the next expansion.

Rogues have been pretty great in Nightmare Tides overall though. Great at pvp and pve together. Solid class over all and best position they ever been in without being extremely FoTM. Primalist is undeniably the FoTM at the moment though.

I can't really say how Mage is doing, I don't pay attention to them much and they tend to be like bright wizard out the blue in PvE if played right or extreme annoyance in PvP. They were undeniably the best with soulstorm and stormlock in PVE in the beginning of NT but that was short lived. Same with clerics but it was inquisitor in PVP. That was rather short lived if you compared it to reavers. In my opinion, Cleric is just in the bench warming position at the moment. They are not bad but many of the top end Clerics are not liking the direction the class has been going in for awhile and its been like that since Tyrants Forge was released.

If there is going to be a constant.. probably clerics will be looked at again and buffed to FoTM but I think it will just be like NT at the very start then nerfed. In my opinion I would seriously consider not picking cleric as a main for the next expansion unless you like to tank because they are the most seeked out tanks. They are the only tanks with an in battle rez which is the only real reason why Justicar is chosen over other tanks for progression.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-14-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Soulwalker

Maelstrom
    Runeshaper
    Vulcanist
    Warlock
    Pyro/MM/Tempest/Inqui
    Ranger
    Reaver
    Transcendent 9/9 2/2 HM COA 4/4 HM

Shield of Telara

Paragon is the best ranged dps for PvP (and best melee for PvE)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    Paragon is the best ranged dps for PvP (and best melee for PvE)
    Couldn┤t agree more, at least on PvP-wise

<Transcendent>

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Filri View Post
    Couldn┤t agree more, at least on PvP-wise
    Oops, of course I meant

Paragon is the best ranged dps for PvP (and you can still be competitive in PvE)

Silly me!

Paragon best ranged dps for warriors. Why is tempest being mentioned? :P

+ Reply to Thread