+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DarkDaemon
  • 1 Post By Uviktig

Thread: Which Soul for Raid healing?

Default Which Soul for Raid healing?

long story short i leveled a primalist to tank heal only to find out its unwanted anywhere.

I turned back to my cleric and was going to play warden and was told that is also a load of sh@t.

So I am looking to level another class, yet again... but before i waste more of my time and effort, I would like to ask the community which of the healing souls are prefered the most.

I know Puri for tank healing, i just cant get into it though for some reason.

For AoE raid healing, who is most useful/top healing?
    HotGarbage | Healer | PRIME

Chloro, for Wild Growth

Chloro or Phys tact for higher DPS and sustained output

Liberator or Warden for burst healing
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-13-2016 at 09:54 PM.

thanks for the speedy replies
    HotGarbage | Healer | PRIME

Shadowlander

What about stopping to listen to uneducated opinions and just playing what you want?

Warden is a perfectly viable healing specc in t3 at the moment and should easily handle everything in t1 and t2 (except Jinoscoth because of that stupid boss healing mechanic).

But I think you miss one important point: In Rift you need to be flexible in your roles. Playing only warden wont get you anywhere. But if you play a decent Warden, Defiler, Oracle and Shaman (and tell your Raidleader that you prefer playing Warden) lots of guilds will gladly raid with you.
    Last edited by Level1Commoner; 02-18-2016 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Level1Commoner View Post
    uneducated opinions
    P l s

Rift Master

Default Chloromancer

If what you want to do is raid healing, then consider re-rolling to a mage. Chloromancer has been the cornerstone of healing in raids since 2011 and continues to be nearly a required role for raiding today. You will find at least one Chloro for almost every encounter in MoM. If you want to be truly irreplaceable have several specs so as to be able to interrupt, purge, reflect - bring all the utility you can to the encounter design. Chloro has been, remains today, and for the foreseeable future will be king of healing throughput.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Uviktig View Post
    If what you want to do is raid healing, then consider re-rolling to a mage. Chloromancer has been the cornerstone of healing in raids since 2011 and continues to be nearly a required role for raiding today. You will find at least one Chloro for almost every encounter in MoM. If you want to be truly irreplaceable have several specs so as to be able to interrupt, purge, reflect - bring all the utility you can to the encounter design. Chloro has been, remains today, and for the foreseeable future will be king of healing throughput.
    You can also add that chloro-harb is the modern Rift -icar. Without the burst healing -icars had but with the capacity to bring reasonable raid healing potential with a significant increase in dps.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    P l s
    Not talking about you. Just refering to those scrubs mentioned in the opening post who say Warden is sh*t.
    Last edited by Level1Commoner; 02-18-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Level1Commoner View Post
    Not talking about you. Just refering to those scrubs mentioned in the opening post who say Warden is sh*t.
    Warden is not shiit. However it's too fight specific. And generally speaking a fight that a warden shines is also a fight that a lib would shine. But a lib doesnt have mana problem and can provide very good tank heal as well.
    ChinaPandaMan@Laethys <Trinity> twitch.tv/chinapandaman

Default Healing in Raids

For Tankhealing the Purifier is the absolutly best Specc at about 95% of all boss encounters, just because for the big and constantly aplied shields.
    (Might change with new Souls, Frostkeeper looks very promising)

Primalist (Preserver) is perfectly fine for most boss encounters as well. However he doesn't have the powerfull shields the Puri has. So the tank drops more down, since the dmg goes straight down to the HP and isn't decreased so much as there were some 90k shields.

However most boss encounters can be healed with Puri, Preserver, Physician, Synthesis-Chloro and the upcoming Warchanter and Frostkeeper if tank and healer know what to do (Purifier will make it very easy and you might need a Defiler as well. There are some bosses that can only be healed by a Purifier alone like Guurloth HM 2nd Boss IGP. We managed it to do it with Preserver and Defiler, but this fight is just insanly hard for the Tankhealer.)

In case of raidhealing in 20 people raids you have 2 raidhealers (in most encounters) and there is no reason not to use a warden, except for Jinoscoth (Tank needs a cancelbuff makro for the ST-hots or just dps the **** out of him).
    Usually you will use a Chloromancer for Wildgrowth and the Living Energy costreduce buff and his insanly high constant healing output and combine him with a Phystact for his group shields and the energy core buff or a warden/liberator for their burst healing.

Your raid needs to adapt the raidsetup according to the boss and the boss mechanics.
    So you will need more than one specc on each calling.
    Escpacially in the 10 man raids you have to be very flexible regarding what you can play.

PS.:
    The reason why nobody uses a preserver in raids might be, there are so few Primalists. We had like 1 or 2
    in HK raiding and they deal such an high amount of dps, you will loose too much dps and the puri ist the more
    stable tankhealer.
    Last edited by Lyndin; 03-21-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndin View Post
    ...Chloro and the upcoming Warchanter and Frostkeeper if tank and healer know what to do.
    Bold statement and so definitive.

In case of raidhealing in 20 people raids you have 2 raidhealers (in most encounters) and there is no reason not to use a warden, except for Jinoscoth (Tank needs a cancelbuff makro for the ST-hots or just dps the **** out of him).
    This is a sign of how bad the Warden is in which case yes, don't bring one.

Chloro is baller, though among top tier guilds they seem partial to Warden.
    I have great success with Chloro and love that he heals can then scale further with multiple targets.

Maybe primalist will eventually get a raid heal soul.

+ Reply to Thread