+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weapon and armor, types and stats. What do I need for Souls?

Soulwalker

Default weapon and armor, types and stats. What do I need for Souls?

Played Rift on and off for a long time, getting back into it and noticed big changes from the last time and am looking for some clarification.

Main was a rogue and made it through a bit of Storm Legion, never did intense raiding, mostly open world Rifts and some dungeons. Had a tank spec that I used with different stats (Deflect) and now people are saying that defelct is gone? Do I still need to have my second set of gear for tanking or will my stats come from another source?

I started another character for each of the classes as well and made it pretty far with both my mage and my cleric now. Mage has a staff and the Cleric has a big 2h mace. Should I be looking at swapping the weapon combo for any of the particular souls such as the tanking spec for mages, and the Justicar for clerics.
    Does a Justicar need a shield as I noticed he gets a talent to derive block from his Wisdom. Mages also don't have access to shields, so I am guessing there is cloth gear with tank stats? and a staff would work?

Deflect is gone. You still need tank gear, and you want guard and endurance.

Clerics & warrior tanks need shields, and mages only have tank staves. Other than that, weapon type doesn't matter as long as you can equip it and it's for your class. Use whatever gives the most stats (cleric/mage: the most spell power. the rest: the most weapon DPS (main hand dps * 1.3 = two-hander DPS)

Tank gear is endurance-high and has guard, block, or dodge instead of spell/attack power, spell/physical crit, or crit power.

Soulwalker

Awesome thanks for the help!

+ Reply to Thread