+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thalmose

Thread: Knock, knock knockin on Trions door-(warlocked)??

  1. #1
    Champion MissGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    566

    Default Knock, knock knockin on Trions door-(warlocked)??

    Greetings and Salutations, I have been playing this game for over a year now and when I began I chose warlock...now that I am 65 looking to raid and try new things, I am purely not acceptable....This is very disappointing to me because I fell in love with this soul and I was tricked into believing it was well good for dmg and all, but no dice.

    It seems the warlock is seriously lacking in overall dmg...and it is not worthy of raids let alone any other group activity...I am more than disappointed and am in dire straights for consoling because when I started this game I was very much excited that my soul would do just as good if not better than my gaming peers. But this is not the case...I am geared for experts and also know my spec and rotation with being lock/necro chlor, I feel the dmg is ridiculous, sometimes I do more heals than dmg...??But no raid wants a fluff dps....

    This is my logic....why have a useless soul period???? its in a way false advertising and it gives the impression it can perform just as well as others, now I know each soul is different but they all should be potentially competent....if they are not why have them allowed in the game...your just wasting gamers time IMO. I am very upset because now I have to go to phyro or harb in order to do raids...NOT OKAY IMO. It will take me more time to learn these new souls when I'm used to the one I started with and like I said , I loved it till now....the end game content has no room for warlocks...........are you kidding me? Ive spoken to many raid leaders and they just have no need for us...come on....? I put how much time into raising this soul and the end game is just simply nonexistent for me?? Not to mention real money. Ive spent as well on this game.

    A new comer will come along and "oh I can be a warlock, that is too cool"!

    I'm sorry but this is KILLING ME. what game does this? I come from many mmos but this is the worst Ive seen so far in a game and I understand money is an issue, well I have an idea..dismiss those souls if you do not plan on working on them at all because it is up to the programmers to take these things into your heads and hands and make the game at least somewhat balanced....and if you say its balanced check the charts please, because warlock is cleansed and absorbed mostly....ugh ugh and ugh....Than I looked up the updates for lock in the past few years....you guys have barely touched them?

    Please for the sake of the damn game and gamers do something about this issue, if you plan to be the best f2p mmo around and by the way( wow is slipping big time, so now is your chance to step it up) Please fix these souls ....I am utterly just beyond upset because Im gonna tell you what made eq2 fall is just this, the programmers would come out with new criteria meanwhile let the rest of the issues sink...you do not want to do this...trust me, and I understand launching new criteria helps with keeping us here but you must remember the old does as well.
    You can not run a successful game if your constantly creating new content when the old needs to be fixed...its just not smart and that is how eq2 fell...just some advice and also, putting too much emphasis on certain souls, will surely kill the game as well.

    I like this game a lot, I have played many mmo's in my day and trust me I come from some of the best and worst but this game really does have a trademark of diversity and that is what I truly love about it...but the things that need addressed need to be addressed...I hope you understand where I am coming from and also see the light in gaming and fix the MAJOR issues first before launching new criteria...

    I don't usually complain but this is just very upsetting to me and a massive missfire for guys in the midst of winning in the mmorpg world.
    Please help warlock...and any other soul that needs it...that should have been the very first thing you trion guys should do...after that work on content..
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

  2. #2
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    This is my logic....why have a useless soul period???? its in a way false advertising and it gives the impression it can perform just as well as others, now I know each soul is different but they all should be potentially competent....if they are not why have them allowed in the game...

    Well, you yourself said "In fact maybe it comes down to people wanting to play something different". That's the amazing part about Rift. The soul system allows you to pick and choose what you want. Nowhere does it say that what you pick will match that of the theorycrafters, so you pick something you enjoy while accepting the loss. I have no clue what gave you the impression that it can perform as well as other specs. You can play Warlock or whatever spec you want in any group activity, so long as your group doesn't give you trouble. I've played Ranger in raids post-MM revamp, I've even made awful hybrids just because I thought they were fun. I wouldn't take them to a progression fight, but I'll use them in open world, IAs, even T1 sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander Thalmose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Currently, if you can handle dual-dotting, Warlock is OK at the Rune King fight in Hammerknell and has it's uses in some PvP maps. Other than that it just needs something to bring up the dual-target damage without making the single target over-power Pyro.

    The Mage/Cleric/Primalist dev has said Warlock is next on the Mage list, but he was working on the Clerics Shamen before the holidays so I'm guessing he'll finish that up before working on Lock. He's also working on updating Defiler and the other 4 new Primalist souls that haven't been announced yet so he's been spread a bit thin.

    And if you want to talk about useless souls, I'm pretty sure Elementalist exists only for Harbinger to have an air cast time ability and you get that with 2 points.
    65 Mage - Thalmus@Laethys
    4/4 RoF | 5/5 MS | 1/3 TF | 7/11 HK | 4/4iGP HM

    ┬──┬ ノ(ノ)

  4. #4
    Champion MissGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Well, you yourself said "In fact maybe it comes down to people wanting to play something different". That's the amazing part about Rift. The soul system allows you to pick and choose what you want. Nowhere does it say that what you pick will match that of the theorycrafters, so you pick something you enjoy while accepting the loss. I have no clue what gave you the impression that it can perform as well as other specs. You can play Warlock or whatever spec you want in any group activity, so long as your group doesn't give you trouble. I've played Ranger in raids post-MM revamp, I've even made awful hybrids just because I thought they were fun. I wouldn't take them to a progression fight, but I'll use them in open world, IAs, even T1 sometimes.
    Ummm, please go back and read what you had said...and also reread what I had wrote...I fully understand what your saying here, however THE **** GETS OLD WHEN YOUR PAYING FOR A GAME. just sayin...and btw Im aware no mmo is perfect but leaving soul out to be hung and dried is another thing, most mmos focus on their classes first not the opposite, my opposition still stands fully. I am very let down...
    "so long as your group doesnt give you trouble"...thats just it....now try rolling a lock and raising it and get to end game please...thank you...
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

  5. #5
    Champion MissGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmose View Post
    Currently, if you can handle dual-dotting, Warlock is OK at the Rune King fight in Hammerknell and has it's uses in some PvP maps. Other than that it just needs something to bring up the dual-target damage without making the single target over-power Pyro.

    The Mage/Cleric/Primalist dev has said Warlock is next on the Mage list, but he was working on the Clerics Shamen before the holidays so I'm guessing he'll finish that up before working on Lock. He's also working on updating Defiler and the other 4 new Primalist souls that haven't been announced yet so he's been spread a bit thin.

    And if you want to talk about useless souls, I'm pretty sure Elementalist exists only for Harbinger to have an air cast time ability and you get that with 2 points.
    I am more than capable but it still is not good enough apparently...I will say this though I like the fact I can force a healer to cleanse or heal in wfs but other than that Im pretty useless in wf's.
    But Id like to see end game..and that is what i'm complaining about because like I said above, everyone should be competent in their souls...if I am forced to choose another just to see end game there's something wrong here...trust me. and this goes to Artewig as well.

    Im sorry I'm trying to see the light...
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Not every soul can be the best at everything (except Harb lol) thats why you can have multiple roles. Warlock is good for survivability, solo play(?) and sometimes pvp.

    Pyro is ez to learn imo

    True it is kinda lame that not every soul is useful in every situation, I like necro a lot but it isn't that great outside of soloing really tough stuff

  7. #7
    Shadowlander Thalmose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    2 snipped posts
    You could probably easily play most of T1 and T2 as Warlock, I still see warriors rolling around in Reaver. You just can't expect 1 soul to be the best for every boss encounter at the highest level.

    There's also a lack of boss encounters where Warlock would be better than Stormcaller, Harb, or Pyro even if it was beefed up.
    65 Mage - Thalmus@Laethys
    4/4 RoF | 5/5 MS | 1/3 TF | 7/11 HK | 4/4iGP HM

    ┬──┬ ノ(ノ)

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Grobari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    Greetings and Salutations, I have been playing this game for over a year now and when I began I chose warlock...now that I am 65 looking to raid and try new things, I am purely not acceptable....This is very disappointing to me because I fell in love with this soul and I was tricked into believing it was well good for dmg and all, but no dice.

    It seems the warlock is seriously lacking in overall dmg...and it is not worthy of raids let alone any other group activity...I am more than disappointed and am in dire straights for consoling because when I started this game I was very much excited that my soul would do just as good if not better than my gaming peers. But this is not the case...I am geared for experts and also know my spec and rotation with being lock/necro chlor, I feel the dmg is ridiculous, sometimes I do more heals than dmg...??But no raid wants a fluff dps....

    This is my logic....why have a useless soul period???? its in a way false advertising and it gives the impression it can perform just as well as others, now I know each soul is different but they all should be potentially competent....if they are not why have them allowed in the game...your just wasting gamers time IMO. I am very upset because now I have to go to phyro or harb in order to do raids...NOT OKAY IMO. It will take me more time to learn these new souls when I'm used to the one I started with and like I said , I loved it till now....the end game content has no room for warlocks...........are you kidding me? Ive spoken to many raid leaders and they just have no need for us...come on....? I put how much time into raising this soul and the end game is just simply nonexistent for me?? Not to mention real money. Ive spent as well on this game.

    A new comer will come along and "oh I can be a warlock, that is too cool"!

    I'm sorry but this is KILLING ME. what game does this? I come from many mmos but this is the worst Ive seen so far in a game and I understand money is an issue, well I have an idea..dismiss those souls if you do not plan on working on them at all because it is up to the programmers to take these things into your heads and hands and make the game at least somewhat balanced....and if you say its balanced check the charts please, because warlock is cleansed and absorbed mostly....ugh ugh and ugh....Than I looked up the updates for lock in the past few years....you guys have barely touched them?

    Please for the sake of the damn game and gamers do something about this issue, if you plan to be the best f2p mmo around and by the way( wow is slipping big time, so now is your chance to step it up) Please fix these souls ....I am utterly just beyond upset because Im gonna tell you what made eq2 fall is just this, the programmers would come out with new criteria meanwhile let the rest of the issues sink...you do not want to do this...trust me, and I understand launching new criteria helps with keeping us here but you must remember the old does as well.
    You can not run a successful game if your constantly creating new content when the old needs to be fixed...its just not smart and that is how eq2 fell...just some advice and also, putting too much emphasis on certain souls, will surely kill the game as well.

    I like this game a lot, I have played many mmo's in my day and trust me I come from some of the best and worst but this game really does have a trademark of diversity and that is what I truly love about it...but the things that need addressed need to be addressed...I hope you understand where I am coming from and also see the light in gaming and fix the MAJOR issues first before launching new criteria...

    I don't usually complain but this is just very upsetting to me and a massive missfire for guys in the midst of winning in the mmorpg world.
    Please help warlock...and any other soul that needs it...that should have been the very first thing you trion guys should do...after that work on content..
    people try to be nice to you and help you see HOW the system works,instead you 're trying to find an easy excuse to yourself that the whole system is wrong and you see things right
    well if you wanna see endgame content etc try to learn the proper builds and you will see that they re by far easier than warlock,dont be lazy and wait to be spoonfed
    Maniaq@Greybriar

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    197

    Default

    All callings (except maybe primalist) have at least 1 dead soul that is usually only a sub soul. I would argue that ele is more useless than lock. Lock just needs a number boost to bring it up to par. I do agree though there should be a viable place for each soul at 54+ points outside of solo play. IMO it (lock) should be a slow ramp high sustain dps soul. If Warrior and rogue can have 2 viable Melee raid specs I don't see why Mage a classically ranged only has 1 ranged DPS.

    All that said you should learn multiple specs to keep the game fresh and different encounters require different mechanics.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    200

    Default

    You are a mage not a warlock.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiune View Post
    All callings (except maybe primalist) have at least 1 dead soul that is usually only a sub soul. I would argue that ele is more useless than lock. Lock just needs a number boost to bring it up to par. I do agree though there should be a viable place for each soul at 54+ points outside of solo play. IMO it (lock) should be a slow ramp high sustain dps soul. If Warrior and rogue can have 2 viable Melee raid specs I don't see why Mage a classically ranged only has 1 ranged DPS.

    All that said you should learn multiple specs to keep the game fresh and different encounters require different mechanics.
    Not sure why you're comparing ranged to melee specs. Rogues have 1 viable ranged spec. Rogues do have 4 viable melee specs though, 5 if you count 61 BD. But your last point is important. You can't go into raids with one spec. Melee specs should always do more dps than ranged so if checks are tight, you may have to swap to OPHarb. If you're a Mage, I'd say you should go into a raid knowing Harb, pyro, harbchon, stormchon, 54 Harb, Arbiter and chloro being additional. As a warrior, I'd say you should know Tempest, RB, Paragon, and Reaver with BM, VK and Lib being additional. As a cleric, you should know Shaman, Inquis, defiler, and probably puri with oracle, warden, and Justicar being additional. As a rogue, you should know 61 sin, 61 nb, nb/sin, 61 MM, and bars with Riftstalker, phys, phystact, SinBD being additional.

    Being able to fulfill multiple roles (on top of different specs within that role) will make you more valuable and will make it much easier to find groups. While Warlock might be getting looked at, I highly doubt it will surpass or even meet Harb or pyro so you should still try and learn other specs for content outside of T1 for the most part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Essat View Post
    You are a mage not a warlock.
    I'm an Assdancer and there's nothing you can say to change that!
    Last edited by Artewig; 01-06-2016 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Not sure why you're comparing ranged to melee specs.
    Without paying for harb and arb mage is 100% ranged. So saying Pyro is st ranged dps so no need for another st ranged is kind of a crap argument. If a predominately melee calling like rogue and mage can have multiple viable ST melee specs why should Mage only have 1 viable st dps spec?

    Im not saying ranged = melee but I am saying that most people pick Mage as they want to be the ranged glass cannon type and like rogue and war have a variety of viable melee souls which most who picked them wanted to be. I get Trion's stance on pet specs (not that I agree 100%).

    So if Mages were to get another ST ranged DPS spec that would leave Dom or Lock as the only options and since Dom has too much pvp utility for pve that only leaves Lock as the only logical choice unless ele gets a ground up rebuild or they put pet specs into viability.

    Lock only needs some numbers boosts to enter the realm of viability there is no real reason to keep it out.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts