+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The art of soul choice (IMBA class thread)

Default The art of soul choice (IMBA class thread)

Dear folks! There are too many classes here and I need to make a right choice of the uber one button class in this game, because i used to play a paladin. Please help me out when you will find the apropriate one

Thanks for your attention in advance! You can also give me a private massage and not to give answer in this thread.

From past experience and just doing some very large guessing and assuming...

The warlock class looks like it could very easily be the solo super class.

Drains are by nature easily over powered. You are doing two roles in one. Healing and Damaging. A quick scan of the skills indicates lots of AOE as well.They have some CC with fear as well.

Picture this.

Pull a gang of MOBs using Drain DOTS, AOE, AOE drain as required to keep at full health. Make your stat/equipment build as Defensive as possible. (Shadowbane early days, a confessor with a dex/def build could stand in a middle of a spawn and just spam kill forever, never really getting into any difficulty). If a panic occurs, AOE fear, step back, drain some more, rinse repeat.

In pvp, would make your life really miserable, one on one. Your skills are either healing or doing damage, where the warlock your facing is beating you down while healing.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tictic-boom View Post
    From past experience and just doing some very large guessing and assuming...

The warlock class looks like it could very easily be the solo super class.

Drains are by nature easily over powered. You are doing two roles in one. Healing and Damaging. A quick scan of the skills indicates lots of AOE as well.They have some CC with fear as well.

Picture this.

Pull a gang of MOBs using Drain DOTS, AOE, AOE drain as required to keep at full health. Make your stat/equipment build as Defensive as possible. (Shadowbane early days, a confessor with a dex/def build could stand in a middle of a spawn and just spam kill forever, never really getting into any difficulty). If a panic occurs, AOE fear, step back, drain some more, rinse repeat.

In pvp, would make your life really miserable, one on one. Your skills are either healing or doing damage, where the warlock your facing is beating you down while healing.

Just my two cents.
    thats if the warlock lives that long.. dot classes are notorious for being suicide builds if you dont have the right CC to let you live long enough for the dots to tic off.
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Rift Master

Champion aka John J. Rambo.

Go full Champion too, for there is no more perfect and finely tuned killing machine than John J. Rambo, so he doesn't need his skills weakened by some Riftblades, Paragons, Paladins or other clearly inferior classes (further referred to as Lassies).

Nothing escapes from John J. Rambo. John J. Rambo only gives the illusion of hope until he catches up with Bull Rush and brutally, yet awesomly, violates his prey.

John J. Rambo doesn't do petty talk. Nor he likes when others do it. So when a Lassie tries to pronounce some magical spells, all they get to do is collect their teeth from the ground, as John J. Rambo uses Bash on them.

A Lassie once tried to apply Fear on John J. Rambo. Fear ran away screaming in horror as John J. Rambo used Ruthless Pursuit.

John J. Rambo once used Proper Timing, Titan's Doom and followed up with Frenzied Strike. The event became known as "The Shade".

Several hundred of Lassies signed a petition for Trion demanding to nerf John J. Rambo. John J. Rambo masterfully and eloquently explained why he's not overpowered, but perfectly balanced. Then he proceeded to single-handedly slaughter everyone who dared to question his balancing.

I hope that response containing questionable humor answers your question of which class will be the strongest.
    Last edited by Shinimas; 10-26-2010 at 05:25 AM.

For a potentially wicked solo class look at the Shaman. If you are willing to mix in a bit of Justicar it only seems to get nastier. Maybe you can't solo bosses, but you would have little to fear from standard mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bussi View Post
    Dear folks! There are too many classes here and I need to make a right choice of the uber one button class in this game, because i used to play a paladin. Please help me out when you will find the apropriate one

Thanks for your attention in advance! You can also give me a private massage and not to give answer in this thread.
    up! Beta Test will give us some more information. Give your ideas about 11111111111 play-style class
    Seeking for the friendly atmosphere hardcore based guild.....

Well I think any healer/dps combo is going to be dangerous. I'm sure you'll be able to squeeze out plenty of defensive/healing buffs for yourself while still maintaining a decent amount of dps. Sentinel/Justicar/Shaman comes to mind.

Rift Disciple

John J. Rambo is played by Chuck......that's why.....
    If you question his balance, he would come out from the screen and break ur neck..........wait

you neck just breaks itself cuz it's so scared of Chuck's power.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinimas View Post
    Champion aka John J. Rambo.

Go full Champion too, for there is no more perfect and finely tuned killing machine than John J. Rambo, so he doesn't need his skills weakened by some Riftblades, Paragons, Paladins or other clearly inferior classes (further referred to as Lassies).

Nothing escapes from John J. Rambo. John J. Rambo only gives the illusion of hope until he catches up with Bull Rush and brutally, yet awesomly, violates his prey.

John J. Rambo doesn't do petty talk. Nor he likes when others do it. So when a Lassie tries to pronounce some magical spells, all they get to do is collect their teeth from the ground, as John J. Rambo uses Bash on them.

A Lassie once tried to apply Fear on John J. Rambo. Fear ran away screaming in horror as John J. Rambo used Ruthless Pursuit.

John J. Rambo once used Proper Timing, Titan's Doom and followed up with Frenzied Strike. The event became known as "The Shade".

Several hundred of Lassies signed a petition for Trion demanding to nerf John J. Rambo. John J. Rambo masterfully and eloquently explained why he's not overpowered, but perfectly balanced. Then he proceeded to single-handedly slaughter everyone who dared to question his balancing.

I hope that response containing questionable humor answers your question of which class will be the strongest.

more kiddies looking for easy "i win" buttons?

It's called class balance, look it up. You may get an OP class at launch, but that's gonna get hit hard by nerfbat; I can already hear the QQ from the OP.

+ Reply to Thread