+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player; Rogue vs Mage (healing main, dps secondary)

Rift Disciple

Lightbulb Returning player; Rogue vs Mage (healing main, dps secondary)

Hi!

I used to play through 99% of content in SL as Chloro, rarely as Pyro DPS.

I have all classes at 60, looking to decide which to take to 65, thinking of Rogue for a change, how good is Phys/tact vs Chloro currently when it comes to raid heals?

Also, how good is the Rogue ranged DPS compared to Pyro and which spec would Rogue use for ranged dps?

And umm... are rogue tanks still highly viable?

If anyone would get me up to date, it would be highly appreciated!
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

Rift Disciple

Also, can Phys/Chloro still tankheal in raids or is this now solely a Purifier job?
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

Quote Originally Posted by Cramen View Post
    Hi!

I used to play through 99% of content in SL as Chloro, rarely as Pyro DPS.

I have all classes at 60, looking to decide which to take to 65, thinking of Rogue for a change, how good is Phys/tact vs Chloro currently when it comes to raid heals?

Also, how good is the Rogue ranged DPS compared to Pyro and which spec would Rogue use for ranged dps?

And umm... are rogue tanks still highly viable?

If anyone would get me up to date, it would be highly appreciated!
    Chloro and Phystact are both viable, but Chloro probably has the edge as far as versatility goes. It can swap veils on the fly to change from tank/raid heals, has the 5% ability cost buff, and has the best healer DPS (which is also mostly passive) in the game hands down. All of that makes a Chloro much more desirable typically over a Phystact, however if you pair them up, they can make a good team in 20 mans. Phystact also offers up a lot of shielding, so if that's required, Phystact could be more desired as well.

Pyromancer and Marksman are both pretty strong, however I would say Pyromancer is probably in a better spot as far as damage goes. It could probably be argued either way though depending on the situation.

For tanking, Riftstalker is very viable, and a lot of fun. It's probably not most guilds first choice for tanks though, since during progression a lot of folks want the battle rez from Justicar, or the DPS and utility (purge/cleanses/pulls/mitigation) from Void Knight. This is not to say that Riftstalker is bad, because it isn't, its great really. But if the encounter requires 2 tanks, and its progression, I know our guild uses 2 clerics when possible, for the extra 2 battle rezzes.

This is all of course my opinion, and others will likely have different ones. I would say if you're looking to main spec heal, the ones that are pretty static currently are Chloromancer and Purifier. I don't remember the last time I saw a current tier relevant raid not running a Purifier. Typically there is a Chloro too because of the above mentioned utility. Hope that helps.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Quote Originally Posted by Cramen View Post
    Also, can Phys/Chloro still tankheal in raids or is this now solely a Purifier job?
    I forgot to answer this. Physician is a very strong tank healer, and now that the shielding has been reduced to maximum 50%, it can compete much better, however Purifier still brings things to the table such as Flame of Life and Latent Blaze that make it still the top dog. A good physician can probably replace a purifier in a lot of instances though. As for a Chloro, they don't provide any shielding, and so long as most of the raid bosses are tuned around tank shielding, it won't be impossible, but definitely difficult to tank heal in relevant content with a chloro.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

and if this was a more pvp sided question, phys is definitely more of a pain in the arse to kill than chloro. dps wise, it's still the same; MM and pyro wreck.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

+ Reply to Thread