+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanks?

Telaran

Default Tanks?

Howdy all,

Of the 4 tanking souls which is easier for a new player to tanking in mmos?

Cheers

I would say pick any class. I've only played Riftstalker and it was pretty straightforward. From what I've heard, they're all about the same difficulty. I think learning how to tank is much more important than which class you tank with. You made another thread about easy healing (next time just ask them both in the same thread) so I personally would recommend cleric. Purifier is relatively easy and Justicar has decent self heals and a nifty battle rez.

Also, with the Primalist release, there's now 5 tanking classes (Mage, Primalist paid and Rogue, Warrior, Cleric free)
    Last edited by Artewig; 10-12-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

RIFT Guide Writer

For the bare basics of "figure out what stuff you need to aggro and interrupt" tanking? Every class, though warrior has the worst time aggroing comparatively. They're still good enough to keep mobs off DPS/heals. They just have a hard time vs other tanks.

If you're talking about full min-max all the tricks ever? Arbiter and Riftstalker have some very fancy tools to use. RS is more for mobility and kiting bosses during enrage while Arbiter has a ridiculous grab bag of skills that can make raids way easier if done right.
    Last edited by evantide; 10-12-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Riftstalker is the most active (most buttons to hit), but I don't know if you consider that 'hard'.
    Warrior, Mage, and Cleric can all be reduced to one button to build up a resource (attack points / charge / convictions) and one button to spend them, times 2 for AoE. Add an interrupt and taunt and the very basics are very few buttons.

Telaran

Thanks all for the info.

I decided on a cleric tank and have him at 110k hp self buffed with all crafted gear upgraded to lvl 65 refined gear.

Now people are saying 110k self buffed is not enough for experts - So i need help to get my health higher as im stumped. i have runes etc on all my gear and all essences etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Trevor7782; 10-17-2015 at 03:27 AM.

While you may meet the entry requirements, it may be extremely difficult to get through the dungeon, especially if you have an undergeared healer or if you get Empyrean Core. How geared you are as a tank in dungeons is not only determined by your health/guard/etc but also by how good your healer is. For example, I severely outgear experts so I would have no trouble keeping you up in an expert. But if you were to get someone as equally geared as yourself, they might struggle a bit. The best thing you can do is fill every slot, get everything runed (would not waste phenomenal runes on pre-raid gear, and know your spec. If you can cycle cooldowns efficiency, it will go much smoother and your healer will have a much easier time. I would also suggest queuing with a healer you know because some people can be impatient and can't acknowledge the fact that they were once where you are now. So keep it up and good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread