+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Riane

Thread: Heals choice?

Telaran

Default Heals choice?

Howdy all,

When i played wow i enjoyed the shammy heals due to its ease and small amount of spells - Now im wondering is there any souls in rift that are similiar - small amount of spells and ease of play?

Cheers.

Iri
    Champion

Most healers use only a few spells as an ongoing rotation... the question is how many extra options do you want to have. I can't speak to primalist or warrior healers, but in my opinion the mage healer, chloromancer, is probably the simplest... it has many uses for only a few tools because of the different ways those tools interact with veils.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor7782 View Post
    Howdy all,

When i played wow i enjoyed the shammy heals due to its ease and small amount of spells - Now im wondering is there any souls in rift that are similiar - small amount of spells and ease of play?

Cheers.
    Simple: Cleric (61 Puri), Rogue (61 Phys), Cleric (PVE Defiler)
    Middle: Cleric (Sentinel), Rogue (Phys/Tact), Primalist (Preserver)
    Complex: Mage (Chloromancer), Warrior (Liberator), Cleric (PVP Defiler), Cleric (Warden)

* Defiler - Storm Soul Pack
    ** Liberator, Physician - Dream Soul Pack
    *** Preserver - Primalist Calling Pack
    Last edited by Riane; 10-13-2015 at 08:51 AM.

I'm curious as to why you think Lib is complicated?
    I play it:
    Keep the two HoTs up
    Spam the spammable AoE builder heal
    Finish with Deliverance
    Use Ameliorate as a mini-cd
    Use Medical Facility as a CD & spam Deliverance
    Use the damage reduction CD and/or the shield CD as a big CD
    Am I doing it wrong?
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 10-13-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iri View Post
    Most healers use only a few spells as an ongoing rotation... the question is how many extra options do you want to have. I can't speak to primalist or warrior healers, but in my opinion the mage healer, chloromancer, is probably the simplest... it has many uses for only a few tools because of the different ways those tools interact with veils.
    Chloromancer is probably the most complex healing soul in the game to play optimally.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I play it:
    Keep the two HoTs up
    Finish with Deliverance
    Am I doing it wrong?
    I agree that liberator isn't very complicated (although I do think it's more complex than some healing souls). Spot healing and prolonged burst healing (like crystal phase on Crucia or solo healing Rage of Laethys on Uruluuk) are a little more complicated, but for the most part, I find liberator fairly straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I play it:
    Keep the two HoTs up
    Finish with Deliverance
    Am I doing it wrong?
    Liberator isn't complicated but it's not just spam 2 buttons and good to go. That's why there are so few people in WFs (basing this of PVP only) can top the output that individuals like Nakedstone and I can do. And you just mentioning keeping up 2 hots is a big indicator of why you think Liberator is easy.

And why you shouldn't actually be "finishing" with Deliverance. But it's fine, play how you want.

Edit: Complex vs Complicated
    Last edited by Riane; 10-13-2015 at 09:31 AM.

In terms of class healing/shielding clerics have more choices. In terms of spec flexibility mage's chloromancer would probably be better.
    |AoC|Exposure|Mutiny|Crayons|Virus|Trinity|

nMe@greybriar

Iri
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Chloromancer is probably the most complex healing soul in the game to play optimally.
    Potentially true, but not what he asked. If "optimal" means "maximizing dps while preventing deaths due to lack of healing" then you are probably correct. But I find it easier to achieve a higher percentage of maximum theoretical healing output while being lazy with chloro than I do with, say, physician, and I don't have to actually work at dps like I would with, say, puri. Playing chloro optimally is work. But a lazy *** chloro is more likely to keep people alive and contribute some damage than a lazy ***... most other things. Also, he mentioned only a few spells, and a lazy chloro can get away with only using a few spells.

I would probably agree with Riane's listing for optimal play, but (if I may take the liberty of re-phrasing the OP in a less than complimentary way) the question is "which healing soul can I get decent results without having to actually work hard?" Or, possibly, "with which healing soul can I be the laziest while still keeping people alive and contributing some non-awful dps?" And for me, that would probably be the chloro... puri needs to use a different set of spells to dps when slack-assing through easy content like dungeons. Sentinel's a contender in smaller groups once you get to 65 and have all the passive healing from divine favor and marked by the light... just spam overhealing on the tank for your dps and forget everything else.
    Last edited by Iri; 10-13-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Telaran

You are all taking my question wrongly - I dont care to be a lazy heals i am new to rift healing and would rather a soul with say 6 healing spells compared to one who needs you to use 15 spells. All this is whilst i just generally learn rift healing once i improve then bring on the harder souls.

Iri
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor7782 View Post
    You are all taking my question wrongly - I dont care to be a lazy heals i am new to rift healing and would rather a soul with say 6 healing spells compared to one who needs you to use 15 spells. All this is whilst i just generally learn rift healing once i improve then bring on the harder souls.
    Oh, sorry. Then I'll go back to the very first thing I said... most healers have a basic rotation which only requires a few spells. Then you can add more complexity as you get better. Every calling's healers work like that.

+ Reply to Thread