+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Goodbye Reaver

Shadowlander

Default Goodbye Reaver

Once you read Trion's bloody massacre of the Reaver class abilities, you'll see why I will now look for a new Aoe / range spec for my warrior.. or pick an old spec.

Play Tempest or Champion.

Champion is the highest parsing AOE soul in the game, and Tempest is pretty competitive. You still have plenty of options.

Reaver isn't dead. It's just not a master-of-all trades anymore. It's still be good when you need selective cleave, in fights that interact well with DoTs and ranged DPS in general. It's still be good for things like Sicaron (where the DoTs and infestations interact well) and Matron (if there's no room in melee).

EDIT: Where's that Paragon final blessing buff?
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 10-07-2015 at 08:31 AM.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Maybe give it a try before saying goodbye just yet.

Shadowlander

maybe i'll do the Humane thing and just delete the character. Reaver are dead.. don't "Just try it first " me .. that's sounds so Company-spokesperson-politically-correct-brown-nosed-pre-written-intelligence-insulting. It's Dead.. stop trying to sell a dead donkey.

Reaver isn't dead, Not being the Fotm Jack-of-all-trades brokenness it used to be doesn't make it dead, Still fights it's great on. Still better than Marksman ;)
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

8/8, like that even matters anymore..

Telaran

Reaver was dead for like 3 years, they just gave it a new life. I Don't know if you're aware of this, but warrior has lots of other souls. Welcome to the world where you have to change a spec if you want to AOE, ST, Stealth, Blink, range, melee, or CC.

If there's one thing you can always count on during patch days. Its warriors complaining they don't have a one stop shop soul anymore.
    Last edited by Miloria; 10-07-2015 at 08:53 AM.

It stopped being the full mobile aoe while st at the same time abomination it was. Still some things to tune up.

I wish it was a full aoe ranged spec like cabalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuukii View Post
    Reaver isn't dead, Not being the Fotm Jack-of-all-trades brokenness it used to be doesn't make it dead, Still fights it's great on. Still better than Marksman ;)
    more like FOT7M

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Rofl, be happy finally not every warrior will be playing the same soul..
    Reaver will still be a fun soul to play, maybe just not "the best overpowerd wtf" soul as it used to be..

MM ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Rastifann View Post
    maybe i'll do the Humane thing and just delete the character. Reaver are dead.. don't "Just try it first " me .. that's sounds so Company-spokesperson-politically-correct-brown-nosed-pre-written-intelligence-insulting. It's Dead.. stop trying to sell a dead donkey.
    :')

Reavers logging in and deleting their characters
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-n...hut%2Bdown.JPG

A mysterious desease has striked reavers, as they can't keep running anymore while channeling death in their opponents. Their owners, not able to see their pets suffering, decided to end their misery.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Maybe give it a try before saying goodbye just yet.
    The reaver is as alive as the tempest the last year. A Soul which don't shine in any Situation is death and reaver don't shine any longer.

If we have a single target we take paragon.
    If we have 2 or 3 Targets we take riftblade.
    If we have range we take tempest
    If we have more then 4 targets we take Champion.

Show me the Situation where you still take the reaver with this total ******** roation now because the VS nerf and i show you a way better solutation. The reaver got double nerfed and you toke this a singel nerf. But hte combination from raw damage reduction and mobility nerf make it total overnerfed.

When you look at this it sounds balanced. The Problem is that all this are behind the other classes now. It give a rumor that some Buggy temptest/riftblade combination shine. But as far i see it is only a rumor yet. Can be that this i the new reaver which is competive in the Futur against other classes but who knows.

Arbosch Bloodforge
    Last edited by arbosch; 10-08-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Telaran

ST is bad.. AE is bad... yeah, goodbye reaver.

Gonna put the warrior on the shelf and play rogue instead.
    Last edited by SAZABI; 10-08-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Isn't reaver good on King&Prince for ranged double dotting?
    It's niche but isn't that what everybody has been whining for - spec variety? Now you have 5 viable dps specs, all tailored for slightly different situations. Theoretically, at least...

More like "Goodbye players who can't play any other class than a Reaver".

Maybe I should finally try one, now that it's not "what all the kewl kids play".

Quote Originally Posted by Rastifann View Post
    maybe i'll do the Humane thing and just delete the character. Reaver are dead..
    Can mine have his stuff?
    Last edited by Bloodspeaker; 10-09-2015 at 01:32 AM.
    Of course they sent you back from one of the futures in which we failed, Defiant. Why would they return you from one of those in which we succeeded?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast