+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Classes/Specs to try

Soulwalker

Default Classes/Specs to try

Hi guys, new to the game and was hoping I could get some help with the class system. Currently I'm playing a sin rogue, but I want to try out some other option before I choose to focus on one. There are a lot of options, so are there any specs that you guys find particularly enjoyable or interesting that I should try? thank you.

I recommend you to try mage warrior and cleric and see which class mechanic you like the most (charge, 3 or 5 combo points, stackable buffs and mana administration)
    Once you choose one buy a ton of roles and try different builds. You're not a sin, you're a rogue and can change to any soul any time. That's the whole point of rift soul system, to be able to do all roles. If you ever raid, there's a larger chance to do it (guild or pug) if you know a variety of roles (tank, DPS, heal and support).

If you don't plan on spending money in the game you won't unlock the extra souls for each class unless you farm a lot of platinum at max level. Without the extra souls the classes can:

Warrior: DPS (melee and long range), tank, support
    Cleric: Heal, DPS (melee and long-range), tank
    Mage: DPS (only long-range), dpssupport, heal
    Rogue: DPS (melee and long-range), support, tank
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Literally View Post
    Hi guys, new to the game and was hoping I could get some help with the class system. Currently I'm playing a sin rogue, but I want to try out some other option before I choose to focus on one. There are a lot of options, so are there any specs that you guys find particularly enjoyable or interesting that I should try? thank you.
    Rogue is great class. I would stick with it.Very adaptable and a lot of the souls are not so niche like other classes meaning you will get more playability out of the class than other classes.
    Last edited by Planetx; 08-23-2015 at 09:21 AM.

I main either my cleric or rogue. Right now mainly my rogue. All my roles below I really enjoy playing.

Rogue
    61 Assassin
    61 Marksman
    61 Bard
    38 Physician/38 Tactician

Cleric
    61 Inquisitor
    61 Sent
    61 Shaman
    61 Warden

One cleric left the game in our guild and his excuse has been life but we found out he started a rogue in another guild. One of our clerics switched to rogue and is one hundred percent dedicated to gearing it up in raid 2s. The other cleric switched to mage but he says he doesn't have the time to re gear so sticking with cleric. We have another cleric who is going 100% primalist when it is released. Most of the clerics that are staying cleric are also woman in our guild just fyi. Just for observational purposes if that matters.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 09-12-2015 at 11:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread