+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh start: healing

Soulwalker

Default Fresh start: healing

Hi all,
    I want a fresh start in rift and want get into healing. First mostly dungeons while leveling and later raid healing. From what i see all callings have 1 heal spec and you are kind of forced into that one spec except for the cleric with 3 or more different variants.

Is it true that clerics are the backbone of raid heaing?
    Generally are healers needed (que times, raid spots) or are lots of players playing a heal spec?
    I was kind of hoping that the primalist would have two or more heal souls but that does not seem to come true...

Thanks for your feedback and any general advice you might share,
    Bindord

Phs

Primalist still has 4 soul not revealed. Wouldn't be surprised if one is another healing soul.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post

Is it true that clerics are the backbone of raid heaing?
    Generally are healers needed (que times, raid spots) or are lots of players playing a heal spec?
    Clerics are not the backbone of healing in raids. Only 1 cleric healer is desired per raid - a purifier. While Warden has a couple of niche uses and sentinel shines in pvp, if you want to heal in a raid setting I suggest rolling a mage for chloro or a rogue for physician & phys-tact; both souls being sought after, valued, and used in most encounters.

Que times as a healer are quite short, and any of the souls can adequately heal a NTE.
    Seon Ronpeth @ Leviathan
    <Perfect Balance>
    70WHM 70AST 70SCH 70SMN 70DRK 70BLM 70 RDM70 NIN70 DRG Disciple of Hand & Land

+ Reply to Thread