+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By InflatablePanda

Thread: How significant is the ST dps difference between Reaver and other souls?

Telaran

Default How significant is the ST dps difference between Reaver and other souls?

I am more interested in Inquisitor in particular, forgetting pvp enitrely, do Reavers really got an edge or is it just about how easy they supposedly are to play?

For example in T1 gear, skill of the player aside, how would these 2 souls compare ST dps wise.

I am just really hesitating whether or not I should stick to Clerics, considering I ended up liking dps role the most. Don't want to get too invested in a character that I might regret maining later.

And since everyone is so obssesed with Reavers and all that, it's the soul that drew my attention, though I don't really care for difficulty so much as I care for the effectiveness of the spec. And I already got all that that is the player that makes the difference, etc. But I am still certain there has to be some bias towards certain specs in similar circumstances.

I am not sure if such thing exists, but if someone could provide some sort of dps tier list, that'd be helpful.
    Last edited by Tesla21; 08-09-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla21 View Post
    I am more interested in Inquisitor in particular, forgetting pvp enitrely, do Reavers really got an edge or is it just about how easy they supposedly are to play?

For example in T1 gear, skill of the player aside, how would these 2 souls compare ST dps wise.

I am just really hesitating whether or not I should stick to Clerics, considering I ended up liking dps role the most. Don't want to get too invested in a character that I might regret maining later.

And since everyone is so obssesed with Reavers and all that, it's the soul that drew my attention, though I don't really care for difficulty so much as I care for the effectiveness of the spec. And I already got all that that is the player that makes the difference, etc. But I am still certain there has to be an objective advantage of some specs in similar circumstances.
    Unfortunately inquisitor isn't really comparable to reaver, reaver will wipe the floor with inquisitor in full ST, full AoE as well as passive cleave.

edit: you will have better luck if you play shaman and stick to melee. And I am talking strictly for pve encounters... as inquisitor is easily one of the most op'ed pvp dps soul.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 08-09-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Unfortunately inquisitor isn't really comparable to reaver, reaver will wipe the floor with inquisitor in full ST, full AoE as well as passive cleave.

edit: you will have better luck if you play shaman and stick to melee. And I am talking strictly for pve encounters... as inquisitor is easily one of the most op'ed pvp dps soul.
    really? feeding pure mis-information now?

OP, assuming full T1 gear, in a raid setting, with correct usage of CD's and buffs/debuffs, reaver will be a few k dps ahead (3-5k). Shaman is much closer to reaver, but its a melee soul, hence wont be viable on every encounter.

reaver's main strengths are zero movement penalty, zero AOE penalty and 21 second burst rotation.

inquisitor, op pvp spec? HA. i eat inqs for breakfast on every class. pyros, nightblades and reavers are more OP.

shaman is the top cleric pvp spec. in t1 gear, you can kill similarly geared people in 4-6 GCD. you can reliably blow up 1 person per minute. its only drawback is the lack of a CC break in the soul. its also a personal thing, im a very very terrible inq in pvp. but apparently, playing melee and pressing 4 buttons is too hard for some people, so sure, go ahead, use inq in pvp and watch all your channels get rupted while the doms laugh at you.
    Last edited by fatbahmi; 08-09-2015 at 06:19 PM.

OP, if you want definite numbers, go to site :

https://www.prancingturtle.com/

and look for Jinoscoth, Murdantix (sort by NPC damage taken, then look for the small target sign, it should say "DPS graph for Murdantix (all abilities, by player)" click it)

this way, you can have an objective look at how big the dps difference is.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    yabi
    *sigh*

sure OP inquisitor is very good ok. That's why you see all these inquisitors very close to reaver nearly the top on parses on murdantix/jino/sicaron... oh wait...
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 08-09-2015 at 06:55 PM.

As a rough number, it's not easy to gauge since we haven't done a legit 'tryhard' parse, so some numbers might be closer. But in t2 gear from what i gather so far on a ST standpoint.

Rogue(NB): 115-120K
    Mage(Harb)/Cleric Shaman/Warrior(Reaver): 110-115K
    Mage(Pyro)/Cleric(Inquis)/Rogue(Marksman): 100-105K (None of these specs have been parsed in ages properly, but i'm sure this is a reasonably good guess)

This is my educated guess, reaver doesn't really poop on everyone. You honestly can play any class at the moment and assuming you play the Highest Melee/Ranged variant you will be capable of keeping up with any class on a single target basis. (With the exception of how some specs work, EG 61NB require fist of threngar)
    Last edited by InflatablePanda; 08-09-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Telaran

Hm alright then, thanks seems like difference isn't the end of the world, yet I still can't decide so I'll just finish up leveling my warrior to get a feeling of the playstyle and decide then which one I want to stick with.

Hm alright then, thanks seems like difference isn't the end of the world, yet I still can't decide so I'll just finish up leveling my warrior to get a feeling of the playstyle and decide then which one I want to stick with.
    The difference definitely isn't world-ending lol. But a lot of people can and will make a big deal over a gap as minor as 1k DPS.

Glad I've never been in a guild or had the opportunity to run with those sort of people, but they exist.
    Eithel - 65 Rogue - Faeblight
    Hinokage - Eventual 65 Mage - Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    *sigh*

sure OP inquisitor is very good ok. That's why you see all these inquisitors very close to reaver nearly the top on parses on murdantix/jino/sicaron... oh wait...
    go check the parses of prancingturtles. i have provided DATA. you're providing anecdotes aka worthless babble.

too bad apotheosys parses are private, that'd settle the debate immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysander View Post
    The difference definitely isn't world-ending lol. But a lot of people can and will make a big deal over a gap as minor as 1k DPS.

Glad I've never been in a guild or had the opportunity to run with those sort of people, but they exist.
    this means you've never had the opportunity to push your limits.
    boy, i sure am glad to have raided with the top 2 guilds in rift, they changed me from a mediocre to awesome player.

if you want to play casually, sure do, but if you ever dare put us in a negative light, be prepared to get appropriate retribution for that.

its because of US that you're able to do any kind of decent dps. its because of US that you have video guides that even a monkey can follow (but some players cant, lol). its because of US that you even have raids in this game.

we're the elite, we set the benchmarks for everyone, if not for us, this game would be no different to a pay 2 win asian mmo.
    Last edited by fatbahmi; 08-09-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Telaran

go check the parses of prancingturtles. i have provided DATA. you're providing anecdotes aka worthless babble.

Sorry but how do you see which class is what player on those parses? I can't figure it out lol

Sorry but how do you see which class is what player on those parses? I can't figure it out lol
    NPC damage taken (does not have colors)

player damage done (has color)

the players are colored by class.

red = warrior
    green = cleric
    purple = mage
    yellow = rogue

if you sort by NPC damage taken, then you will have to open a 2nd tab and see by player damage done, since that 1st tab wont show colors

Ascendant

this means you've never had the opportunity to push your limits.
    boy, i sure am glad to have raided with the top 2 guilds in rift, they changed me from a mediocre to awesome player.

if you want to play casually, sure do, but if you ever dare put us in a negative light, be prepared to get appropriate retribution for that.

its because of US that you're able to do any kind of decent dps. its because of US that you have video guides that even a monkey can follow (but some players cant, lol). its because of US that you even have raids in this game.

we're the elite, we set the benchmarks for everyone, if not for us, this game would be no different to a pay 2 win asian mmo.
    *sigh* I really dont see inquisitor on top girl...

You got issues... and if your reavers are getting schooled by inquisitors in pure ST... you really should kick those **** warriors in your raid... sorry if you are a warrior that can't seem to play reaver correctly tho. Because then it all made sense.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aysander View Post

But 10k to 15k difference isn't 1k.

There's a reason some people aren't in good guilds.

It's same as "I will play ranger since its only a few ks behind".

Plane Touched

Reavers big advantage is being 100% mobile, where inquisitors (and I assume pyro) have to pretty much stand still to do maximum damage because bolt of retribution (cast time) hits so much harder the bolt of judgement (instant), not to mention the no movement channels when RC is on cd.
    Jabnlab@Hailol <impulse>- lvl 65 Cleric 1300 hit-
    9/12 T1 5/11 hk 4/4 IGP 1/4 IGP HM

+ Reply to Thread