+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: why there are soo much reavers everywhere

Soulwalker

Default why there are soo much reavers everywhere

why the hell when i join for wf or cq there are more then 50% reavers there i know its a litle ****ed up role but still they are everywhere

what are you gonna do about it?

Sword of Telara

Why are you so surprised that there are reavers everywhere?
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Don't worry, they are getting nerfed soon.
    And everyone will be lost.

To me it reflects upon the player a little. Sure this person could be playing Reaver as it fits their playstyle, but flavor of the month is always at the back of my head too. just have to emphasize cleanses more frequently.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Soulwalker

im not rly surpriced but still it has tons of them in warfronts and its not rare to see from 20ppl wf around 15-16 of them are reavers and its not rly fun when is like this and still dont get it why some chars gets nurfed skills when they are making ****ed up dmg mby its time to find out how is possible for some ppl to hit me with 17-30k dmg when i can get max on crits 7-8
    Last edited by doom231; 07-27-2015 at 05:44 AM.

Soulwalker

Just shutup and play the warriors "LOL ITS A ****ING WARLOCK" soul like everyone else

If you give up all hope for melee this game will get a lot funner.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bwud View Post

If you give up all hope for melee this game will get a lot funner.
    This is kinda sad but unfortunately true.
    And most people tend to ignore (or simply completely oblivious to the facts) the fact that WARRIOR is indeed the highest single target dps FULLY RANGED soul in Rift.

Not only WARRIORS are the best SPELLCASTERS in this stupid game, warriors are also THE MOST MOBILE SPELLCASTERS in this stupid game.

Only ranged dps souls in this game that has comparable mobility to reaver is Ranger... which is an utter joke, with less ST dps than almost everything else, with really ****ty cleave, and has a dangerous/detrimental pet dependency, and also requires 33% faster pace/reaction time, with next to ZERO useful utilities, compare to Reaver Gods .
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-27-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Don't worry, they are getting nerfed soon.
    And everyone will be lost.
    Soon™

Are you sure 6 months of live data was enough to make the appropriate changes?
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Plane Touched

I'm not sure why a reaver should be the better choice for pvp than tempest. Reavers damage is only inferior because his cleave is so strong. But nothing a good AoE healer could not heal / dispell in time.

Harder to heal and way more important is the "instant" burstoutput your role can deal. Thats why pyro is nearly never used in PvE (low substained dps) but so much loved/hated in PvP.

So reaver is the go to spec if you want high (unimportant) numbers on the board. But if you want to contribute to a good win you should chose the tempest because it has the highest burstoutput in range. There is no single pockethealer that can heal a double arc wavelength burst.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    I'm not sure why a reaver should be the better choice for pvp than tempest. Reavers damage is only inferior because his cleave is so strong. But nothing a good AoE healer could not heal / dispell in time.

Harder to heal and way more important is the "instant" burstoutput your role can deal. Thats why pyro is nearly never used in PvE (low substained dps) but so much loved/hated in PvP.

So reaver is the go to spec if you want high (unimportant) numbers on the board. But if you want to contribute to a good win you should chose the tempest because it has the highest burstoutput in range. There is no single pockethealer that can heal a double arc wavelength burst.
    Tempest has PvP reductions on charged pulse and double pulse. Its terrible in PvP
    Acuta - Apotheosys

If it isn't Reaver it will be something else... remember the Physician being OP, and all the qq? Will true balance ever be achieved?

Rift Disciple

And reaver brings -15% healing done and -15% healing received which is f$ù^*ing amazing in pvp. We will not talk about utilities, any melee would dream to have those tools...

Why would a warrior use tempest when reaver exists as is, that's the good question

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by doom231 View Post
    im not rly surpriced but still it has tons of them in warfronts and its not rare to see from 20ppl wf around 15-16 of them are reavers
    Just the other day, I was playing a warfront, 10v10 and there was 40 reavers in the game.
    MORE REAVERS THAN THE ACTUAL NUMBER OF PLAYERS.
    This is getting ridiculous.

Seriously.
    Yeah, there is a lot of reavers, because it's an FOTM build and all FOTM build are overplayed in every single game since games even exist.
    But don't tell me that "it's not rare that 80% of the players are warrior playing the same builds".

What do you define by "it's not rare"?
    How often do you see 80% of the players in a 20 players game being reavers?
    Every other game?
    One game out of 4?
    One game out of 10000?

Mainreason to use reaver over tempest in warfronts: healdebuff and more selfheals
    temp performs jusst fine also though

Going melee however... going by the general warfront soloqueue, that **** takes a raidgear level just because melee is that disadvantaged w/o pockets especially these days and even more so because of reavers reducing that bit of healing the random healer might occasionally throw at you.

ttk is riddiculously low these days, once in the ragey tabfocus it can be quite lethal so enlighten me how it would make anyone a better player to not go ranged/reaver.

It's group pvp for ****s sake you're not alone and not facing a single person either, come on people use your ****ing brains.

I honestly don't mind any nerfs to reaver at all though, sure it performs super smooth but it's a joke how easy it is to play, then again most warriorspecs are just junk in pvp unless you get to run as proper premade setup allowing to make them shine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast