+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Stats in Rift:PoT

  1. #1
    Ascendant Vihar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,949

    Default Stats in Rift:PoT

    I am sure it must be somwhere, but I can't seem to find any discussion on stats. I know what they are;

    Health
    Strength
    Intelligence
    Wisdom
    Dexterity
    Endurance

    But..I haven't found any discussion as to how those stats get allocated. Are they automatically allocated by race, class, and level?

    I am hoping that players get a certain number of stat points per level that they can allocate themselves, as they see fit.

    What is the information on this, or where can I find it?

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara CyclopsSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    Posts
    794

    Default

    All I have seen is from a screenshot of points being auto-assigned as a char leveled up. (It was PAX I think, need to try and find it)

  3. #3
    Ascendant Ahrakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Yeah, they are automatically located, I'll go find the screenshots right quick for ya.

    Can't post pictures, but here is the direct link to the screenshot:

    Here
    Last edited by Ahrakis; 10-23-2010 at 07:53 AM.
    Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - Pope John Paul II



    Sanity's Requiem

  4. #4
    Telaran AhkoRevari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default

    If they are automatically located then where does gear fit in?

    And to top that off, what makes the difference between a warrior in a DPS soul or in a tank soul? (other than the aggro gen of course)
    Last edited by AhkoRevari; 10-23-2010 at 07:48 AM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Ahrakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhkoRevari View Post
    If they are automatically located then where does gear fit in?

    And to top that off, what makes the difference between a warrior in a DPS soul or in a tank soul? (other than the aggro gen of course)
    I think your misunderstanding? Stats are automatically given to you when you level up, instead of you choosing where to invest points.

    Gear is still gear and still gives stats.
    Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - Pope John Paul II



    Sanity's Requiem

  6. #6
    Telaran AhkoRevari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrakis View Post
    I think your misunderstanding? Stats are automatically given to you when you level up, instead of you choosing where to invest points.

    Gear is still gear and still gives stats.
    I was thinking of something else. Auto-point allocation is almost a given in most MMOs IVe played. My bad
    Last edited by AhkoRevari; 10-23-2010 at 07:59 AM.

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara CyclopsSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrakis View Post
    Yeah, they are automatically located, I'll go find the screenshots right quick for ya.

    Can't post pictures, but here is the direct link to the screenshot:

    Here
    Thank you! I was pretty certain it was one of Kalbuirs, thanks for finding it.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Vihar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Thank you for the help.

    I am a bit disappointed...seems to me that some personal choice in stat allocation would make for some truly unique toons....like building a mage with a lot of evasion or that is tough as nails physically, at the expense of DPS stats....or building a scout with more evasin than strength for defense, or more strength oriented for heavier hitting power.

    Anyway, thanks for the help.

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara CyclopsSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    Thank you for the help.

    I am a bit disappointed...seems to me that some personal choice in stat allocation would make for some truly unique toons....like building a mage with a lot of evasion or that is tough as nails physically, at the expense of DPS stats....or building a scout with more evasin than strength for defense, or more strength oriented for heavier hitting power.

    Anyway, thanks for the help.
    That is what your gear will be for. Most games, even if they allow assigning stats, the portion of stats from gear overwhelms the base levels.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts