+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NoUseForAName
  • 1 Post By Meowy

Thread: Easy to use class?

Soulwalker

Default Easy to use class?

Hello forum members,

I've been playing Rift for a bit now as a mage, which I've gotten to level 62 so far. It's fun, and questing is great and all, but I feel that my slow reaction times are preventing me from playing the mage class (arguably the most powerful class) to its full potential. I've heard that reaver warriors would be a good solution for me, but they seem to require the paid souls which I don't have. Is there any similar f2p equivalent that I could use?

Thanks

Edit: I should add that I'm interested in End Game content such as raiding, as well as occasional pvp. I'm aware that almost anything will work for standard leveling content.
    Last edited by TheRifterIsHere; 07-05-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Reaver doesn't require any paid souls

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifterIsHere
    I'm interested in End Game content such as raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifterIsHere
    but I feel that my slow reaction times
    I don't want to be the ****** here, but this won't work.

Each class has several souls and specs, you can EITHER have a real easy 1-button-macro-spec that does low dps but can be played with 1 hand, or you learn how to play your class. No current top-spec is cookie-cutter, so it is in your choice to learn and get better or to search for an easy but suboptimal spec.

Also the specs get reworked sometimes, so that shouldn't be the main reason for your class decision.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post

Each class has several souls and specs, you can EITHER have a real easy 1-button-macro-spec that does low dps but can be played with 1 hand, or you learn how to play your class. No current top-spec is cookie-cutter, so it is in your choice to learn and get better or to search for an easy but suboptimal spec.

Also the specs get reworked sometimes, so that shouldn't be the main reason for your class decision.
    Yeah, people with slow reaction times wind up standing in the red or miss mechanics that wipe the whole raid. You might also die allot and people will have to use battle res on you which can contribute considerably to your wipe percentage. It's not a mage issue unless you're playing a stormbringer and you're laggy. By the time you're raid ready, you should be capable of thinking 2 global cool downs ahead in your Pyro or Archon specs which leaves you two seconds to react to the mechanics at the worst (plenty of time). It's exactly the same thing in checkers, mancala, rummy, and other childhood games, you can't expect to win often if all you can imagine is the opponents best move after the one you're about to play, you need to think about what you are going to do after that.

That said, I leveled a Warrior just to see what the Reaver experience is like. You don't ever need to stopmoving. (which could really put your future raiding prospects on easy mode). It's also possible to macro allot of skills together and still keep above water. Most do it with 4 or so buttons. I was driven crazy by having only a few on there so I loaded more on so the first few weren't lonely. I'm driven more crazy by having this experience than any Mage spec.
    Last edited by detpack; 07-05-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Ascendant

No other class can have reaver level difficulty with reaver performance. 1.5s gcd is naturally 33% slower than ALL other classes and reaver is well known the easiest dps spec in game... so its slower, easier, and does everything so well... it's a no brainer for OP.

Soulwalker

Sounds like there's a f2p version of reaver that will solve my problem. I'll check it out. Thanks everyone.

Plane Touched

Agreed on Reaver being the easiest. So easy, it's boring. But it'll allow you to develop your situational awareness and reaction speed when you have less to worry about.

Reaver could change at any given time though, just be aware of that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    Agreed on Reaver being the easiest. So easy, it's boring. But it'll allow you to develop your situational awareness and reaction speed when you have less to worry about.

Reaver could change at any given time though, just be aware of that.
    naa Reaver won't change. Too many newb warriors depended on the soul to be competitive. Most of them can't even play paragon/rb/tempest anymore. The outcry will be too intense for Trion to handle if reaver was to be balanced.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    naa Reaver won't change. Too many newb warriors depended on the soul to be competitive. Most of them can't even play paragon/rb/tempest anymore. The outcry will be too intense for Trion to handle if reaver was to be balanced.
    its not about being a newb theres no reason to play melee when ranged does it better.

Reaver made all the other warrior souls obsolete. If I wanted to play warlock I would play warlock. Warrior is such a joke in this game.

Ascendant

That was my thought as well. And not for raid, for PVP.

PVP and "slow reaction time" doesn't work.

OP : There's a lot of "easy" souls/specs to play for solo leveling and stuff like that. Reaver is one of them. Most specs are, anyway.

But if you want to raid and PVP... an easy spec won't make any difference with slow reaction time. A lot of the things you have to do in raid/pvp isn't even about your class/spec. You have to move out of the way, to go somewhere, activate something, realize where to go and plans can change every 5 seconds in PVP...

Working on reaction time and stuff might help more than just trying a new spec. Also sometime, just a bit of preparation/making your homework is just as useful as fast reaction speed.

If you're gonna run a dungeon/raid, youtube a video of the boss kill beforehand.
    If the boss yells something while you're in fight, it might be stressfull and you won't know what to do and could die there. But if you watched a kill video, you'll know exactly what to expect and how to react.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    I don't get these kind of posts.
    If you play say a Pyro and you had an option to make all your skills only work at 3m range, would you do it? What's the point?

These melee options you're talking about aren't any better than the other (ranged) builds in the game. The only difference is, they don't work at range.
    And have nothing to make up for this.

Why do you think reavers are cheap/bad because they can't play melee, when literally no one is playing melee?

If Melees warrior had a huge edge or something against the ranged rogues, clerics and mages, I could understand your point... But they don't.

Melee is **** in Rift now, because there's a downside ( can't hit at range when everyone is fighting you from range ) and no big upside to make up for this.

Yet you blame warriors for not meleeing? Do you also blame ranged rogues and clerics and stuff? They also have melee specs they could use. But why should they? Why should anyone?

The state of melee in this game saddens me, but it's not like it's just a warrior thing like posts like these make it seem to be.

I can play paragon, riftblade, warlord, tempest (ew tempest) and beastmaster. But why should I ever bother with any of the aforementioned when reaver does it better, easier and safer?

Perhaps beastmaster when my raid really has no mages that can go archon. Maybe.

But aside from that, I only play the above specs for nostalgia purposes and the want to be different than any other dps warrior in the raid. Oh and champion for AoE too, I suppose.

Reaver destroyed warrior dps gameplay. I did not want a noob-friendly, OP soul when reaver dps got reworked. But that is, unfortunately, what I got and I am not stubborn or stupid enough to not use such a soul to my advantage while it is there.

Not every warrior wish reaver to stay as it is. I, for one, wish they hurry up and balance it already. It is a cancer that, if left uncheck, will corrupt the entire community to the point of "unsalvageability".
    Serale@Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread