+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best class for begginer, solo game PvE.

Soulwalker

Smile Best class for begginer, solo game PvE.

Hello, which class is the best for beginner in Rift? I will play solo, at most PvE, maybe sometimes Pve. Thanks in advance for your help.

Phs

Warrior because you can just play Reaver for everything /salt

Smile Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Handloc View Post
    Hello, which class is the best for beginner in Rift? I will play solo, at most PvE, maybe sometimes Pve. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hello, Handloc! Welcome to the RIFT game & community!

Personally, I would recommend picking a class that multiple roles/specs appeal to you (whichever that may be). I am personally a big fan of rogues and clerics, but all of the classes are a lot of fun.

Many people recommend a spec with a tanking pet (e.g., Ranger for Rogue); that pet would hold aggro while you DPS the mobs down. One of the nice things about RIFT is you can reset your souls and change your specs at any time. Additionally, you can have multiple roles/builds. So, if you try a variation and don't like it, you can reset and pick something else.

If you have any other questions or need any assistance, feel free to reach out to me in game by whispering Ilyrea@Wolfsbane (NA) or Ilyrea@Typhiria (EU).

Happy Hunting!
    Ilyrea@Wolfsbane (NA) | Ilyrea@Typhiria (EU)

Twitch | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

Ascend today & earn perks by entering my referral code K9FWMTCGZHKE7PKN36YK here!

Telaran

Almost all the support classes are pretty good for solo content, especially at the lower levels. They do decent dmg, most have some form of self heals, and they're generally pretty decent in the health and armor department too.

Any tank spec is generally good for solo too as you can pull 3-4 enemies at a time and be able to survive the encounter, but tank dmg output is low unless you're constantly switching back and forth between tank and dps buffs.

Dominator has a pretty steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it soloing with it is really easy. Random non-boss mobs that you'll be fighting in open world don't have a limit to the number of times you can CC them, so you can open a fight with transmogrify, do some damage before that breaks, debilitate once it breaks, do dmg, stun once the debil is up, do dmg. You also have a 10 sec CD knockback and a 20 sec CD rooting move you can use for additional control.

Quote Originally Posted by Handloc View Post
    I think they're all viable. You can narrow it some depending on whether you want to stand back and attack with spells or arrows, or get up close and hit things with a weapon.

I do agree with those who say that having a pet "tank" for you can be useful. If you want to attack from a distance, a pet is almost mandatory when you're solo. For that I'd go mage or rogue. Mage: Elementalist (Summoner preset) or Necromancer (Gravelord preset); Rogue: Ranger (Huntsman preset)

If you want to melee, a few I've enjoyed are the Mage Harbinger builds (Harbinger is a Storm Legion Soul); Cleric: Druidicar or a pure Justicar build; Rogue: Assassin (Shadow Stalker preset); Warrior

(Personally, I keep going back to my mage and my rogue for soloing. My cleric mostly heals. I've not played warriors that much.)

ETA: Last few days been trying out some of the presets on the cleric and the warrior. I am really liking 61 point inquisitor on the cleric (Lawbringer); on the warrior, I like both the Warslinger preset (Tempest-Paragon) as well as the Champion-Paladin (aka Dendrome Defender). ~ All toons are primarily in crafted and quest gear, with the odd upgrade from the weekly chest.
    Last edited by Saido; 07-27-2015 at 06:06 PM.

Ascendant

These are all "right" answers. There are viable solo specs for every calling. The easiest is 61 druid /justicar as it can be played fairly effectively with 1 button.

If you like other classes more, tell us which one, I'll point you to a good solo guide.
    \

+ Reply to Thread