+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't put my finger on it...

Shadowlander

Default Can't put my finger on it...

I can't decide which class to get to 65. I love healing, I want to do competitive dps, and also something I can duo chronicles with my husband's warrior. Any suggestions? I do enjoy mage and rogue healing. Mage not sure on a high dps/survivable soul to duo with and rogue I'm iffy with survivability as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
    Last edited by abreen28; 06-09-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Chloro/Harb is probably the best soloing combo in the game. In addition to plenty of heals, you get an absorb shield with every critical and 20% dodge.

Plus really nice dps. Harbinger is a raid viable soul.

And your healing will keep up to 5 of your friends up without you even trying.

Telaran

Pet classes (all souls have them) are great for chronicles. All also have options for a 61 point dps soul with survivability off-soul that is good for soloing or chronicles. As far as endgame, all classes have options for dps and healing as well.

If you are enjoying rogue and mage, try out some of the 'leveling' or 'solo' specs and see how they work for you. (It's generally some points in a tank or healing soul with a dps build.)

Good luck!

V
    Valys, Minor Goddess of Spoons
    <Dies In Fires>
    ROF 4/4 RA ~ MS 4/5 ~ TF 1/3
    our recruitment post

Shadowlander

Ok will definitely look into those, thank you!

More specific info on Chloro/Harb:

What you want to do is go far enough in Chloro for the phytogenesis talent. This causes your radiant spores to spread, which is important for healing.

Go harbinger for Lucent Slash, Luminous Weapon, and Blazing Light.

Pull as many mobs as you can with blazing light. Just run around gathering as many as you can. When you have a good pack, cast radiant spores and spam lucent slash. Lucent Slash hits up to 8 enemies and will refresh blazing light on each of them, giving you up to 16 pros of life giving veil and 16 chances to proc radiant spores every swing. This is easily more healing than the mobs produce.

Each of those eight hits will proc a hit from luminous weapon on up to 8 mobs, so you get up to 64 damage procs with each swing. It's amazing damage.

If you don't want to buy the souls, you can do something similar with chloro/stormcaller. It will have slightly less healing, and will rely more on radiant spores, but it will have more damage.

For rogue, you can do this with Nightblade / tact or Bladedancer/riftstalker. As both Nightblade and blade dancer have excellent cleave and both riftstalker and tact have self heals and survivability.

I don't recommend using pet souls, as they're generally only good for pulling one mob at a time, so it tends to be slower. They're probably better before level 20ish, and they're good for chronicle bosses, but aoe souls are better for leveling because they're faster.

Shadowlander

Thanks Dasmani! That actually sounds like a lot of fun lol

+ Reply to Thread