+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player looking for some input

Default Returning player looking for some input

Greetings!

I'm a returning player looking for some help on picking a class. I played around launch for a few months and have just returned. There have been so many changes it's pretty much a new game for me! I've been poking around the forums trying to get an idea of what I should play and the more I read, the more I can't make up my mind about where to start!

I really enjoyed PvP when I last played and would like to find a good class that can heal and is viable for PvP. I prefer playing at ranged although not a deal breaker. In WoW I mained a resto druid for most of my time and quite enjoy HoT/DoT play style and having good mobility.

I was thinking the Physicist/bard or purifier/Oracle sounds interesting but I really have no idea how they play. What would people recommend? I had previously played a cleric but from what I've been reading I'm intrigued by the bard.

It seems like the dream soul pack is worth buying, how about the storm soul pack? I also have a bunch of credits as a reward from subbing when I last played. What are good things to use these credits for in the store? Any particular must haves?

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Elisaveta; 05-25-2015 at 11:16 AM.

The Pvp has changed a lot.
    The changes are:
    - No More PvP gear
    - You gotta PvE to PvP
    - PvE people have better gear than PvP people in PvP
    - Prestige means nothing besides a title
    - Most people use the same spec
    -Melee is at a severe disadvantage
    - Now that Pve people gotta PvP, you will see a lot of idiotic things in wfs
    - Pvp is an afterthought in this game, instead of an integral part

That being said it depends on you

As for the soul packs, it depends on you.
    Cleric has 4 healing souls compared to rouges 1.5( Tactician has some healing). Rouges have more ranged dps souls than clerics 1.5 ( Cabalist)

The class with DOT heals is clerics warden, but its not good in Pvp and is aoe based , imo the most interesting healing soul is defiler, if played right you are nearly invincible.

If you do decide to join the soul packs are a nice buy with your credits. Happy Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

Thanks so much for the information!

Why do pvers do pvp if their gear is superior? Are there some sort of pvp rewards that are needed to progress your character at max level? (Sorry for the newb questions )

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Elisaveta View Post

Why do pvers do pvp if their gear is superior? Are there some sort of pvp rewards that are needed to progress your character at max level?
    Always happy to answer a question. I'm a raider. I PvP for the currency reward which allows me to purchase my raiding gear. Yes I can earn that currency through PvE alone, but participating in both aspects of the game means I gear up much more quickly. And even though I have raided every week since raids were opened in 3.0 I still equip 2x PvP earrings and a PvP greater while raiding as those items are the best I have.

There is a misconception that every raider who PvPs will be found afk in warfronts. This is as unsubstantiated as the assumption that no PvPer can execute a high performance raiding rotation. There are players who really do excel at both aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Uviktig; 05-27-2015 at 07:59 AM.
    Seon Ronpeth @ Leviathan
    <Perfect Balance>
    70WHM 70AST 70SCH 70SMN 70DRK 70BLM 70 RDM70 NIN70 DRG Disciple of Hand & Land

Quote Originally Posted by Elisaveta View Post

Why do pvers do pvp if their gear is superior? Are there some sort of pvp rewards that are needed to progress your character at max level? (Sorry for the newb questions )
    Pvp gives currency that both sides use, as well as pve. Basically if u pve and pvp you gear up faster than strictly being a pve or pvp person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

+ Reply to Thread