+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are Classes Balanced?

Soulwalker

Default Are Classes Balanced?

Hello, I'm a new player, I'm mainly considering playing support or healer for PvE. So i was wondering if all the Support/Healer souls are viable or if there are some which just have no place anywhere? And which are they?

Also could you give me some insight in how's the playstyle of the different support/healers?

TY
    Last edited by Ulforce; 05-17-2015 at 07:46 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

There are 2 pairs of support, bard/oracle and beastmaster/archon. One from each pair is always in a raid. Bard vs oracle is usually a matter of preference but archon is usually preferred over beastmaster or both archon and beastmaster are used.

Tactician is labeled as a support soul but is not actually used for supporting. Defiler is a very common support in raids and what it brings is largely unique among the classes and can't be done by others well enough.

Sentinel and warden are very rarely used in pve. Liberator is used occasionally. Physician and a physician/tactician hybrid are used fairly often but are not standard includes to a healing setup. Purifier is the one and only default tank healer for raids these days. Chloromancer is the default aoe healer and it's very rare that a chloro would not be used at all.

So if you want to play support or heal then I would suggest either cleric or mage. Cleric has purifier, oracle and defiler. Mage has archon and chloromancer.

Rift Master

In general your best option is Cleric. The above said is the current reflection of the game that may or may not change anytime soon.

In general Cleric has 4 healing souls 1 official support soul. With this you can make various "supporting" builds and healing builds.

For raid specs though Puri is basically MT healer while Cleric has several other various raid builds that will be beneficial.

Plane Touched

I would say it depends if you have the money to drop on the two soul packs. These packs unlock both the Defiler and Oracle specs for cleric. If you can afford to buy them, go Cleric. If not, go Mage.

Another thing to think about, to heal as a Mage, you have to damage an enemy. It has a few spot heals that doesn't have this requirement though. A big plus though is that Mage Healers can switch between tank heals and raid heals with the click of a button, which is amazing IMO.
    Last edited by NoUseForAName; 05-18-2015 at 03:40 PM.

Soulwalker

And as for leveling what would you recommend for a mage?

Plane Touched

I leveled my Mage alt a long time ago, and haven't played it since 3.0 released. Back then, I used necromancer to level, but I'm far from an authority of the Mage in the current game state.

Plane Touched

Edit, double post.
    Last edited by NoUseForAName; 05-18-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Pyromancer or Warlock are the fastest way to level.
    Harbinger the safest. (But it require soul pack which cost credit)
    Necromancer the most friendly to players who are new to MMORPGs.

Using 8 points in Chloromancer will give you all the survivability you need in almost any of the specs while leveling.

1-60 necro is the best if you dont buy harb. 60-65 go pyro since theres not many mobs cluttered together. If you ser a lot of mobs go warlock or any of the first 2 i mentioned. Necro has really good aoe right now.

Pet damage necro guide on my signature.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Liberator is used occasionally.
    Lies.
    Liberator is very commonly used in conjunction with a chloromancer for 20 man raid healing. Although we lack potential tank healing and the additional DPS a chloromancer brings with wild growth and personal DPS, liberator is still very competitive.

We can output a similar or even higher amount of HPS (which isn't limited at all by something to attack, which is important on some fights), have mitigation and shielding, can burst raid heal better, have multiple healing abilities that affect the entire raid instead of 10 people, and most of all, can cross heal (chloromancers can't veil heal each other).

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Lies.
    Liberator is very commonly used in conjunction with a chloromancer for 20 man raid healing. Although we lack potential tank healing and the additional DPS a chloromancer brings with wild growth and personal DPS, liberator is still very competitive.

We can output a similar or even higher amount of HPS (which isn't limited at all by something to attack, which is important on some fights), have mitigation and shielding, can burst raid heal better, have multiple healing abilities that affect the entire raid instead of 10 people, and most of all, can cross heal (chloromancers can't veil heal each other).
    It's not a lie. For example liberator is not used on any of the first 6 bosses of HK but guilds use at least one chloromancer on all of them. It's true that liberator is very good at aoe healing, most likely the best in the game in fact, but like you said it does not contribute to the raid dps and that is the reason why it is used only occasionally which happens when you really need a lot of aoe healing and/or that that aoe healing has to be very mobile or there are time windows where the chloros do not have a target to heal off from.

It would be ill advised to recommend someone to roll a warrior and play liberator healer as their main role in raids which is what this thread is about. It's just not a realistic option same way that playing a chloromancer is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    It's not a lie. For example liberator is not used on any of the first 6 bosses of HK but guilds use at least one chloromancer on all of them. It's true that liberator is very good at aoe healing, most likely the best in the game in fact, but like you said it does not contribute to the raid dps and that is the reason why it is used only occasionally which happens when you really need a lot of aoe healing and/or that that aoe healing has to be very mobile or there are time windows where the chloros do not have a target to heal off from.

It would be ill advised to recommend someone to roll a warrior and play liberator healer as their main role in raids which is what this thread is about. It's just not a realistic option same way that playing a chloromancer is.
    Many guilds use a liberator on Murdantix and Rune King Molinar.

+ Reply to Thread