+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Muspel

Thread: Fiance wants to roll a duo, suggestions?

Default Fiance wants to roll a duo, suggestions?

We're currently doing a Harb/Chloro Oracle/Purifier duo. It seems to be working quite well but we were wondering what sort of combo's exist out there for really powerful duo's. We play the game a lot but we don't know too much about the interaction of classes with each other since we tend to solo most of the time, figured we would ask some of you since you would likely be able to come up with some nasty ideas.

I have the Storm Legion souls, she has access to both the SL and Dream souls. I have no real interest in the Dream souls honestly so I never bothered grabbing them.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Really, pretty much any pair of soloing builds is completely fine, and there's not going to be a significant difference no matter what you use. Two people isn't enough for a tanking, healing, or support builds to be worthwhile, so both people should just pick a self-sufficient build and go to town.

RIFT Guide Writer

Could probably change the puri to defiler for more offensive potential and to help mitigate some damage from the Harb.

Defiler has some pretty nice DPSand the link + UT could save your hides in bad situations. Also beacon tanks for ya. :P
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Pyro (or a storm hybrid - not even sure if that's a bought soul) and Hybrid Sham/Druid with the Greater heal pet. You deal the damage, and she deals st/aoe dmg and you both get healed by the pet without having to sacrifice ANY dps at all if she went full heals as Puri (never ever level with a heal spec it takes way too long to kill anything).

That's the setup my bf and I've used in all other MMO's (him as mage and me as dps/support/healer) we've played and it's worked well for Rift as well.
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

Thanks for the suggestions. Some more clarifications to add now that I've talked to her some more and now that I've experimented a little bit:

Her selection of Oracle is basically set in stone, she loves support, she tries to play it in any game, she's thrilled she has it here as well. Purifier isn't AS set in stone but she likes the stacking shield bonuses so she likely will be playing Oracle/Defiler pretty much no matter what. Her typical class preference in any game is Heal/Support.

I have tried, and failed, to enjoy melee in this game. Not sure what it is, just feels like melee gets punished for being melee, especially from bosses. Normally I play tanks in any MMO I play but tanking feels like a chore in this game so I think, for the first time, I'm going to aim at something else. So, warrior is out. She has a cleric, so cleric is out, avoids any gear conflicts and my main is a cleric anyway so I don't need a second one. My typical class preference in any game is Tank/Support.

That leaves me mage and rogue. Of the rogues, I think I like Sab and Tactician the best, not sure on that front. For mage, well...lots of options. Storm has lots of AoE, Harbinger is a melee class that I kind of actually like, necro/elementalist have pets...dunno. Lots of ideas.

Really unsure what to play honestly. My current main is an Inquisitor, I love it for the most part (wish it was a little easier to macro but can't have it all I guess). No idea if that helps or not. I'm definitely going to be doing the majority of damage though if she's set on support. Not that I mind of course, I tend to prefer tank/support myself. Maybe tactician for double support? Might be overkill and slow us down a little due to lacking dps but I do love support also.

Telaran

Storm has lots of AoE, Harbinger is a melee class that I kind of actually like
    Storm/Harbinger is an actual build, so maybe you can try that

Mage's support soul archon, is also usually half-subbed with other stuff as well, like pyrochon, harbchon, stormchon, etc.

Theres even a half tank/half support build, arbichon out there.

Default Simple

Roll 2 assassins, name them Thing #1 and Thing #2, and proceed to wreck people
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukoswave View Post
    Roll 2 assassins, name them Thing #1 and Thing #2, and proceed to wreck people
    Assassin is not very useful for open world content, since it has bad sustain and no AoE.

Plane Touched

Without a doubt, Defiler over Oracle. It's still support, but brings so much more to the team. Plus, if played correctly, it's almost impossible to die.

As far as Mage, idk, I haven't played mine since SL.

Prophet of Telara

I suggest get a good healer and a tank. Then you can both queue dungeons non stop. Physician is a MUST imo. Rogue is much more versatile as a whole than cleric and also you have 0 resource management like cleric. Then get warrior or cleric tank. Cleric tank is asked for mostly for progression but I suggest warrior tank because VK is awesome outside of raiding and as a main or second tank.

Plane Touched

Have her make a DPS-focused chloro hybrid. Support buffs are near useless if you have less than 5 people but the chloro will have enough of a mix of healing & dps to still get the rest of the support experience.

and pick yourself any squishy DPS soul (IE Saboteur This choice might require a full healer from her though)

You hit the mobs first so they go for you first, and she keeps you alive.
    ofc. sab isn't great for most bosses. You'll also want a marksman build for those
    Last edited by Quwo; 05-16-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Iyi
    Telaran

Two dps unless you're rolling dungeons. You'll mow stuff down as a duo. Even the druid, I'd opt for the tank pet.

Has she thought about rolling as a bard? You get a support role there as well. Later it also gives you melee and a great healing soul in physician as well.

+ Reply to Thread