+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning to the Rift.

Soulwalker

Default Returning to the Rift.

Used to play Rift about 8-9 months ago. Looking to get back into it. I have a 60 Cleric and a 33 Mage. Being as I am not a huge fan of being a Healer, should I stick with the Cleric, start leveling the Mage, or go with one of the other classes?

I know each class is suppose to be able to do all the things, I am just trying to get some opinions.

You don't HAVE to heal.
    You should play what you find fun.
    Is levelling to 60 again fun?

Soulwalker

I know I don't HAVE to heal, but when I was playing, it seemed like that was all anyone ever needed. I might just go ahead and start a new class just to get back into it. It seems some things have changed.

You don't have to heal or tank, but if you only queue as dps or support you might aswell go make a coffee, drink a beer, go to the club, get married and hopefully you'll still have 1 hour for the dungeon to pop.

If you queue as all but healer, getting tank is almost guaranteed and it will take you like 3 seconds to get a group. If you queue as everything but tank, the wait will be a few minutes (1-3) and you will most likely get heals, but there's a higher chance to get DPS or support than if you queue as tank.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Soulwalker

I suppose it's the same with almost every MMORPG. Tanks and Healers/Supports always the ones in need the most.
    I was also wondering if it's worth it buying the new souls.
    Last edited by Drakeor; 04-26-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeor View Post
    I suppose it's the same with almost every MMORPG. Tanks and Healers/Supports always the ones in need the most.
    I was also wondering if it's worth it buying the new souls.
    it's absolutely worth buying the newest roles as some of them are required for meta-builds. e.g. the oracle as an off-soul for purifier
    And by the way the Physicist (Rogue Healing Soul) is ridiculously easy AOE healing and Single Target... i think it squishes cleric healing by a longshot (except purifier shields...they are the best ST healing in raids).
    The liberator has amazing raid healing too, but the single target healing is much weaker than physicist
    The arbiter is the best at holding 20+ mob aggro immediately (in my opinion anyway) you can play with your feet with this soul...thats how easy it is!
    Last edited by Asena; 04-28-2015 at 12:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread