+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kallig

Thread: Any in-demand classes/roles in PVE raids right now?

Soulwalker

Default Most in-demand classes/roles in PVE raids right now?

Hi guys,

I'm a newcomer to this game and about to make my first class. I am looking to get into raiding in the long term and I am looking to play a dps'er (ranged) or healer.
    I have read that Clerics are OP for healing at the moment, but I want to play a class/role which will always be in demand for raiding spots.

Also, which shard has the biggest population of raiders/guilds?

Any advice would be great,
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Tw1sted; 04-15-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Most decent raiding guilds have the philosophy "bring the player, not the class".

In Rift all classes can play all the major roles (tank, DPS, heal, support).

If I really had to pick I'd say mages and clerics are more valuable on the margin than warriors and rogues in raiding right now, but just because there are a few more niche roles for them to fill.

Learn a class and all its different useful roles and you'll have no trouble finding a spot in a raiding guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentex View Post
    Most decent raiding guilds have the philosophy "bring the player, not the class".

In Rift all classes can play all the major roles (tank, DPS, heal, support).

If I really had to pick I'd say mages and clerics are more valuable on the margin than warriors and rogues in raiding right now, but just because there are a few more niche roles for them to fill.

Learn a class and all its different useful roles and you'll have no trouble finding a spot in a raiding guild.
    ^ Exactly this ^

You can pick whichever you prefer. If you don't know much about the callings and souls then the only way to find out which ones you will like is to experiment. I started out with my rogue, then cleric, then warrior, and finally mage (you don't have to do it in this order, I was just explaining the order I did it).

Personally, I prefer the rogues and clerics (perhaps this is because I tried them first?). But that's my personal opinion and, like everyone else's on the internet, you should take it with a grain of salt.

Exclamation

Hey this might not help but in my server .. clerics are more welcome in raiding guilds than any other class at the moment. I have no idea why tho!

edit: i think its bcs of purifier healers and justicar tanks. they are still more preferred and ''best'' in their roles (in others opinions)
    Last edited by Asena; 04-28-2015 at 01:44 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tw1sted View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a newcomer to this game and about to make my first class. I am looking to get into raiding in the long term and I am looking to play a dps'er (ranged) or healer.
    I have read that Clerics are OP for healing at the moment, but I want to play a class/role which will always be in demand for raiding spots.

Thanks.
    They have the best tank healer, but other similar classes can be used for far better raid synergy. It is usually a waste for you to bring another puri tank healer if you have option to bring chloro for energy management or phys/tact for power core which is a raid dps increase. The game is not informative at all so people are not looking at raid synergy at all just doing blanket comparisons and saying clerics are OP at healing.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tw1sted View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks.
    Also, would like to add. Play what you think you would like in long term. There is basically no going back in rift.. you WILL get left behind. Cleric doesn't have good long term souls that are fun to play, imo. Having 3.5 healing souls makes them the least versatile class. Mage is currently more seeked after than other classes in a couple shards I am on.
    Last edited by Planetx; 05-09-2015 at 06:13 AM.

Really doesn't matter the class you roll at all. you can have so many roles per toon that a good player can always fill the hole a raid needs, tank support dps ranged melee. Roll the class you like and learn all the specs it can play. Trion has made all specs interchangeable from another class, archon with beastmaster, bard with oricle, any class can tank and each has its own niche. Roll what you like and go with it.

+ Reply to Thread