+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Greater Essences

Soulwalker

Default Question about Greater Essences

Hopefully this is the correct spot to ask this, if not I apologize.

I have a warrior and acquired one of the Greater Essences that will give a heal on a successful block. I was making this character a tank type and figured that would be a benefit so I put it in and tested it out.

The essence was 32 and I was in an area with groups of mobs and I would mentor down and pull 4 to 6 of these and sit and watch for the supposed heal proc. Never saw it happen in about 10 minutes of testing getting banged on. At first I thought it was because I was mentored down below 32 so I changed that and went another 10 to 15 minutes to see. Same result.

Was i mistaken or is this particular essence class working now or not? What is the preferred greater essence for a class these days?

Thanks for the time.

Unless you're at max level and have greaters with stats on them, just put lessers in your greater slots.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

1. Were you in a tank spec?
    2. Did you have a shield on, or a skill that allowed you to block without a shield?
    3. Did you health go below 100% at all?
    4. How often did you block, if you managed to block attacks at all.

Soulwalker

Aye, during that trial I was using a Paladin based configuration using a shield and tried to keep Aggressive Block up as much as possible. That was basically the only skill I used besides the heals to stay alive until it got close, just standing there letting them beat on me, watching for the proc to go off. I am not sure on what my block rate was, shall have to see if the parser I was using shows it.

It could be my sample size was too small or something else I haven't considered.

Thanks for the input.

+ Reply to Thread