+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kedon

Thread: New souls

Soulwalker

Default New souls

Hello, I'm new in this game and I've checked there have 4 new souls.

So, I'll start play pve and later I'll go to pvp.

So can you tell me whats to pros and cons about the new souls?

Liberator (Warrior): Heal Warrior hm?

Oracle (Cleric): Is he better than other support souls?

Physician (Rogue): Good DPS/Sustain?

Arbiter (Mage): Burst/AoE Dmg?

And can you guys tell me about new meta? Best Support/Mages AoE / Mages Single Target and if possible give me the build?

Sorry if I'm asking a lot.

Liberator is a strong AOE healing soul
    Physician is a strong ST healing soul
    Oracle is a support soul that is very similar to bard
    Arbiter is the mage tanking soul

For supports in general, oracle and bard are very similar and archon and beastmaster are similar. So most raids will have 1 oracle/bard and 1 archon/beastmaster.

For mages, best AOE is stormcaller, and ST is probably one of many stormcaller hybrids that are constantly changing. I'd recommend checking out the mage guide section of the forums.
    7/11 HK 4/4 iGP | 0/9 MoM
    Pizzacatt@Laethys | Pitacat@Laethys | Pururun@Laethys

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lurentia View Post
    Liberator is a strong AOE healing soul
    Physician is a strong ST healing soul
    Oracle is a support soul that is very similar to bard
    Arbiter is the mage tanking soul

For supports in general, oracle and bard are very similar and archon and beastmaster are similar. So most raids will have 1 oracle/bard and 1 archon/beastmaster.

For mages, best AOE is stormcaller, and ST is probably one of many stormcaller hybrids that are constantly changing. I'd recommend checking out the mage guide section of the forums.
    ,,,seriously why do people bother comparing other classes just get on playing the game,,,i know some times gear, experence of spec making and even essences can nudge you up a bit or hold you back..it a game...just play it and stop comparing classes there different that the point...if they were same ther be no fun..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bagnor View Post
    ,,,seriously why do people bother comparing other classes just get on playing the game,,,i know some times gear, experence of spec making and even essences can nudge you up a bit or hold you back..it a game...just play it and stop comparing classes there different that the point...if they were same ther be no fun..
    He was answering the questions the OP asked in his post. That's allowed.

Shadowlander

dont think any class is op...btw

Ascendant

?

By OP I meant 'Original Poster'...

Rift Disciple

Perhaps he meant "Over Powered" a somewhat controversial statement considering there is 20+ page on Nerfing the Reaver for being overpowered.

Telaran

Lib - Great AOE healer/raid healer especially for sustained/non-burst fights, not great at burst ST healing.

Oracle - Excellent leveling spec, lvl 40-59 you'll be one of the best characters in any WF because of your ability to suddenly burst crazy dmg or self-healing, otherwise plays almost exactly like bard but with small shields instead of small heals,

Physician - Great ST healer for burst or sustained fights, prior to level 50ish they're super OP in WFs, a geared physician at the top of a low level bracket who knows how to play the class can take like 10 dps hitting him and survive. Endgame they're still powerful but more balanced. Also a great soul to mix those additional 15 points into if you're not using it as your main. 61Bard/15Phys is awesome.

Arbiter - Probably my least favorite of the Dream Souls, it's your basic mage tank spec. Abilities in the Arbiter tree are designed to mitigate dmg using guard, block, and dodge. Because of this you'll need tank gear to max those stats and your max HP. It can be tough to use when you're starting out because you'll start squishy for a tank, but you'll also hold aggro like a pro. Has very little PvP viability unless you want to draw fire for your team, but once you've mastered the spec it can be one of the best tanks. Also a good soul to put those additional 15 points into.

For mages my favorite spec is Dominator (61 Dom/ 15 Lock) which is a support class that focuses on locking enemies down. You get a ton of CC, some good dots and AOE, and some mana drains. It's one of the most useful classes you can have on your team in any PvP. If you want straight dmg go with either Stormcaller (for AOE) or Pyro (for burst ST). Warlock can be good ST dps as well, but it's all through dots which you'll have to maintain, so it builds dps slowly compared to other specs.
    Last edited by HeckTate; 04-11-2015 at 07:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread