+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player

Soulwalker

Default Returning player

Hi I want to return to back to this game. I have played it loooong loooong time ago. I was wondering which classes are the best DPS or Tank? I love to do both roles.
    I will be creating a new character to learn it from 0

thanks for your input already.

Quote Originally Posted by Drownhan View Post
    Hi I want to return to back to this game. I have played it loooong loooong time ago. I was wondering which classes are the best DPS or Tank? I love to do both roles.

There isn't a 'best' tank spec, and there are multiple extremely competitive DPS specs.

I would recommend cleric or rogue tanking. Cleric tanks have a battle rez, self healing and very high threat generation. Rogue tanks have much higher mobility than other tank specs, high HP, and a easy time picking up AOE adds. Rogue tanks are also versatile, and can switch phases to increase DPS.

For DPS, I would recommend any class except mage at the moment. Currently, the most competitive mage DPS specs are all volatile variants of stormcaller hybrids. They tend to be a little complex, and what's best will probably change with each patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Drownhan View Post

With the advent of Rift 3.0, all four classes (Rogue, Warrior, Mage, and Cleric), can each do all four basic functions (Tanking, DPS, Healing, and Support).

Yes... that's right.
    Rift has Mage Tanks and Warrior Healers... both of which are fully functional, and highly regarded.

So, at this point, you can choose whichever class you like, and there will be a way to perform whatever role you want to play.

There are still specifically overpowered roles in the game, but they constantly try to balance these out. Chasing the FOTM (flavor of the month) will only result in frustration when the nerf bat strikes.
    Last edited by Kaelani; 04-02-2015 at 10:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread