+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlock Or Inqusitor?

Soulwalker

Post Warlock Or Inqusitor?

Hi !
    I want to play something like Warlock Sl/Sl from WoW.
    Many DoT's and great sustain.
    Which class is more effective ?

From my admittedly brief experience, Warlock/Necromancer played almost exactly like an Affliction warlock. You have dots and some pets for tanking/damage.

Warlock is a hunch of dots, some burst and some susrained dos skills. Necro is a bunch of dota, some sustained, a few burst and a pet. Inq is 3 dota and 3 hard hitting "spam skills" with big burst.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Rift Chaser

I believe that Inquisitor is higher dps right now. I personally like how Warlock plays, and it does respectable dps, but there are several mage specs that do more. If you are just going to run expert dungeons and pvp, no one will complain, but if you want to be in a raid, Inq. will be better. so it's your choice, I guess. But, the will require 2 different characters to play both, I hope you know.

Oh yeah, Warlock gets a lot easier once you hit level 62, btw.
    You can find me on Deepwood. Playing Rift too.

Albedina - 65 mage
    Erodthemighty - 65 warrior
    Makion -65 rogue

Rift Disciple

Best part about rift is the ability to respec very easily. If you like how warlock plays in WoW, play a mage. Start off Necromancer and put off-points in elementalist. Your pet will tank like a boss and do great damage. Elementalist pets can be directly healed for more (15% max health per second instead of 10%), but necro siphon life heals you at the same time, plus you get coarpse explosion like deathknights... except it spreads and retriggers. Also, necro is very rewarding becuase you can be a 1 man army of undeath! At max level you can have your main normal pet out, plus take the form of a lich yourself, plus a parasite, 4 shambling coarpses from empty the crypts, and 2 more uncontrolled pets from mass grave... plus a non-combat vanity companion like the tickle monster... and BAM... you're 10 dead things.

Nice thing about a mage is you can switch at any time to being a DoT Monkey in the form of a warlock. I like having 8 points in chloromancer for more than enough sustain to solo. Plus helps out your healer in groups too.

Inquisitor is definitely a powerful spec... but not much like wow warlock.

+ Reply to Thread