+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confessor type Class

Default Confessor type Class

Hello out there,

I am an older gamer and have played many MMO's.

One of my favourite times was playing a confessor in Shadowbane. The class was based around a lore where the confessor was the one who policed their own religion. Sort of like the secret sect that ensured those of the religion followed the lore and "cleansed" those who have strayed or wished to be purified.

Their skill base was built around DoTs and Drains. A very interesting play almost on a vampire style class. I would really enjoy a soul that gave skills that where similiar, built around a similar lore. Drains are a very tricky skill to balance because of the heal/damage skills can easily be very powerfull or extremely weak depending on the damage and percent of drain.

Could do a few skills which I won't give good names yet.

DoT - Drain hp
    DoT - Drain mana
    DD - Drain
    Buff - Increase group damage, but has a self DoT -like a sacrifice

That sort of skill set

Could even use a system where their power comes from self flagellation. Does self damage to build up to bigger skills. Sufferingn for the cause soft of approach.

Would be a robe class with an icon of the faith as a weapon, or an item of flagalation like the barbed whip etc.

Higher level skills could involve calling down the wraith of the faith, spells that purify through the appropriate elemental damage.

Having them able to access rifts of the same element would also be appropriate as they wish to bring down the wrath of the religion onto the unclean.

They would be weak to the opposing element and to their own.

No pets

Would have to build in a benefit of being the absolute fanatics of the religion.

This would be a nice change from the popular Vampire class that I am sure people would ask for. Like the pirate, necro, and ninja classic popular types.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Tictic

So far i think warlock sounds closest to what you've described, maybe inquisitor. There are many classes we don't have a lot of info on yet though.

Inquisitor is basically the same as you have described, isnt it?

I will have to do some more reading but I see the Inq as sort of the religious police between the specific religions not the one specifically for a particular religion.

Perhaps I read it wrong.

EDIT:

Indeed they are close to what I am talking about, but rather then being a purest they lie between life and death. I am talking about a purist who has totally given over to life or death as a fanatic. The Inq is less a fanatic and more of a generalist enforcer of religion in general.

if that makes sense.
    Last edited by Tictic-boom; 10-20-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Sure the flavor is a bit different as its different games after all, but gameplay-wise they are the same. If you want more similiarity for some reason (roleplay maybe?), you could play at the guardian side and proclaim that there is only one true relegion (worshipping the Vigil), and declare the rest as heretics and sectants.

Telaran

And here I thought people in Shadowbane just played 'fessors cause they were FOTM way over powered in small scale PvP at release. Out of curiosity what servers/guilds did you play with back in SB?
    Guardian of Fallout

sounds like a fun class to play one you would have to know well,

Nothing like running out of mana as a confessor in the middle of a 1v1 and having to damage yourself to regen mana. Had some hair raisers doing that hehe.

+ Reply to Thread