+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Soul Pack

Telaran

Default New Soul Pack

I've returned to the game recently and wondering if its worth it to purchase the new soul pack? One thing I will say is while I do love the game and always have, I was never in favor of one class being capable to do ALL of the other classes' abilities because in my opinion it takes away from class distinctions. Any thoughts on my question? Also would like to hear input on my point afterwards as well. Cheers!

I'd say it might 'take away' from class individuality, but the fact is: The different classes play differently(there is a distinction).

You can AoE heal as a mage/cleric/warrior/rogue, but they definitely play differently.

You can dps as mage/cleric/warrior/rogue, but they definitely play differently

One of the biggest gripes on forums is the generic: X has Z, so why doesn't Y have Z.

In other words, most the time people are complaining that there IS a distinction between 2; classes, roles, pieces of gear, etc. The class distinction is preserved. I don't feel like I'm playing a cleric when I'm playing mage, so on and so forth.

Soulwalker

To anwser the question "is it worth the purchase", what can I say is :

- Liberator (healer warrior) is good as AoE healer (PvP, raids) but quite weak as ST healer like in expert dungeons.

- Physician (heal rogue) is both good as ST and AoE healer, maybe more for ST than AoE, I didn't see them AoE heal in raid.

- Arbiter (tank mage) is as good as other tank soul and frequentely used in experts and raids.

- Oracle (support cleric) is a good soul and frequently used in raids.
    Last edited by Hileios; 01-28-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Telaran

Warior healer is not rly good

Rogue healer now are most op healer soul. They dont go out of energy, so u can perment heal. As my friend told who have all classes as healera. Psy is god mode.

Mage tank to play need a bit skill, u rly need to look your charge, in ather case u fail. Skill request soul.

Cleric support just fun class as bard or beastmaster.

Disregard people saying warrior healing is bad. It's great at group healing, and you can certainly heal experts with it. Admittedly, it's more difficult than the other classes, but my warrior that hit 65 last week has successfully healed every expert dungeon.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Disregard people saying warrior healing is bad. It's great at group healing, and you can certainly heal experts with it. Admittedly, it's more difficult than the other classes, but my warrior that hit 65 last week has successfully healed every expert dungeon.
    In 60-65lvl experts i can wach tw , eat my brekfast and heal expert with cleric. So if for u it was a bit hard so in nte u will not keep party aluve that is warrior, it is more like rly good support or nmr healer or just 2nd heal afther main;)

Quote Originally Posted by Hileios View Post
    To anwser the question "is it worth the purchase", what can I say is :

- Liberator (healer warrior) is good as AoE healer (PvP, raids) but quite weak as ST healer like in expert dungeons.

- Physician (heal rogue) is both good as ST and AoE healer, maybe more for ST than AoE, I didn't see them AoE heal in raid.

- Arbiter (tank mage) is as good as other tank soul and frequentely used in experts and raids.

- Oracle (support cleric) is a good soul and frequently used in raids.
    I agree with this post.
    From what I've seen, you use phys/tact for raid healing when you're overgeared and you need an extra healer to heal the chloros (who can't heal each other) - since phys/tact has the +10% dmg taken debuff too. However, in my opinion, it's probably the weakest aoe healer, especially for 20man raids.

I disagree with this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by vampydaras View Post
    Warior healer is not rly good

Rogue healer now are most op healer soul. They dont go out of energy, so u can perment heal. As my friend told who have all classes as healera. Psy is god mode.

Mage tank to play need a bit skill, u rly need to look your charge, in ather case u fail. Skill request soul.

Cleric support just fun class as bard or beastmaster.
    Warrior raid healer is one of the best healers out there. Warden is better at spikes but not sustained dmg, and chloro is better because of it's dps-typed support talents, but as far as raw healing goes, I'd put my vote on liberator.
    I like playing physician (rogue healer); however, if your expert group loves to stand in aoe and get aggro quicker than tank can catch it, you will run out of energy. Pure st heals are not energy-hungry, but aoe (up to 5 targets) ones are. And even if tank healing in raid, phys usually finds himself turning that aoe heal on at least on some aoe-damage-heavier situations.
    As for mage tanks... Every tank needs to have some skill Other than that, I'd actually go with saying that mage tanks have it the easiest with aggro issues in experts (due to misdirection and another similar spell).
    Cleric support, oracle, is pretty similar to bard, and in raid environment (even NMRs and such) you'll want either oracle or bard, in addition to archon. Some do favour oracle (versus bard) due to said higher dps. However, I don't see any usage for oracle in experts. Beastmaster is the quite a niche support spec.

Quote Originally Posted by vampydaras View Post
    In 60-65lvl experts i can wach tw , eat my brekfast and heal expert with cleric. So if for u it was a bit hard so in nte u will not keep party aluve that is warrior, it is more like rly good support or nmr healer or just 2nd heal afther main;)
    I'm talking about NTE's. My warrior keeps the group alive just fine. It's not as easy as puri or physician by any means, but if you can keep all(or most) of your heal over times on the tank it's pretty easy to top them off with Fast Relief and the two 15 second ST heal cooldowns.

KAlert is very helpful for Liberator.

Welcome back to Rift.

If you just came back, and you don't have one of the Nightmare Tide Expansion Packs bought, then check out ************, you can get the Infusion Edition for around 20$.
    You don't use the instant 60 boost on yourself, but trade it away for 3-4 REX, depending on your shard.
    Either get another REX and buy the souls you want, or sell all of the REX for plat. and get a shopseller to buy the souls you want for you.

Overall, 20$ for the expansion perks and one soul pack is not to bad... and that information might help making a decision for or against those souls too.
    Last edited by Schneeball; 03-03-2015 at 05:55 PM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

+ Reply to Thread