+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class recommendation

Default Class recommendation

Hey there, being new to Rift I started out with a warrior which I've been playing for a bout a month now (lvl 32) and so far enjoyed what the paragon and paladin builds have to offer (since till now I've only had to either tank or dps in groups).
    However I had to switch servers and therefore start a new character now. Was going to go warrior again but then I got to thinking that maybe there's a better calling for me.

I like to be in the thick of battle and enjoy mele fighting much more than casting from range. Both tanking and dpsing are fun imo. I've got little to no experience (or interest) with healers, mages or archers in mmos... though recently I've found myself intrigued by the support roles in RIft so I will probably want to play that too from time to time.

I am aware that late game (especially in raiding) I'll have to switch my roles quite a bit and that's perfectly fine with me. So having in mind all the preferences I listed above which calling would you say fits me the most? (which one excels at what I want to do and as such would be asked to by my group more often than not)
    Last edited by Kenbu; 01-26-2015 at 04:55 AM.

Plane Walker

Just transfer your warrior to another shard.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

> However I had to switch servers and therefore start a new character now.

Does not follow. Transfers are easy and free, unless you switched regions.

Play what you want.

By servers I meant regions, my bad. I'm changing from NA to EU.

You have 2 options (other than warrior): rogue or cleric.

Rogue sounds more of what you want as they have 3 melee souls and 1 support soul, all 4 of which are free. They do have 2 "archer" souls though. You can heal with rogue but you have to buy the dream souls pack to get it.

As for cleric you have 2 melee souls and 1 support soul. You have to buy the dream souls pack to get the support soul, and 1 of the melee souls is a pet class. Cleric's are a mostly "caster" class though so you might not like them too much.

Both class have tanking in them, neither of which has any cast abilities in them, though cleric's can get some from the other souls.

Not going to suggest mage as they are a pure caster class and you have to buy the melee soul they have to use it which also has a few cast abilities in it (only like 2 or 3 cast abilities in it).

Now this is the kind of reply I've been looking for. Thank you dcrago for taking your time to give me a summary of what each calling is capable of. I'll take your advice and test out the rouge.

PS: On further inspection they do also look a bit faster paced than warriors, which I like (speed fighters are kind of my affinity). Guess I've found my calling. ^.^
    Last edited by Kenbu; 01-26-2015 at 02:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread