+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Self Sustain & DPS

Soulwalker

Default Self Sustain & DPS

I played on release a long time ago, just getting back into it now. At that time there were some builds that let me put out good damage and had excellent self sustain allowing me to solo a ton of stuff that others seemed to have trouble with solo. I could put out enough damage to beat timers and survive elites, etc without issues.

Are there still builds out there like this?

Most tank builds have enough self-heals and damage to solo elites, some healer builds probably do as well. Now that every class has tanking and healing it's not much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Most tank builds have enough self-heals and damage to solo elites, some healer builds probably do as well. Now that every class has tanking and healing it's not much of an issue.
    You don't need to be a tank or a healer to solo elites. Plain old solo builds can do it just fine, and many of those don't put any points into tanking or healing souls.

Which Calling? Also with in the Calling there may be a couple different builds that can accomplish this. With Clerics both Druid and Inq builds can solo fairly well but play very differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpoint View Post
    I played on release a long time ago, just getting back into it now. At that time there were some builds that let me put out good damage and had excellent self sustain allowing me to solo a ton of stuff that others seemed to have trouble with solo. I could put out enough damage to beat timers and survive elites, etc without issues.

Are there still builds out there like this?
    I solo content, e.g., major rifts, rare elites, the old raids and expert dungeons, &c., using 60 Paragon, 10 Warlord, and 5 Tempest, but mostly just run around tanking NMRs. This paragon build gives you plenty of dps and Way of the Sun and/or Recovery posture for healing. I used 12 Warlord when I was leveling for Battlefield Medic, but I was never in real need of it and went down to 10 points in favor of a bit more dps via 5 point Amped. At 65, you have the option of changing from Power Manipulation to Power Variation for an emergency heal with a one minute cooldown.

But really, any 61 point build is capable of soloing the rare elites, level 65 chronicle, and all minor rifts (some gear dependency issues). You will need to play wisely when tackling a level 65 major rift because not all warrior souls are equal in 3.0... not by a long shot.

Telaran

Eazy mode solo is.
    Cleric druid with 0 point in justicar
    Mage necromancer with 8 points into chloro(why not ele? Ele tank pet have much harder time to keep aggro in 3.0)
    Warrior as told para with 4 or 12points into WL
    Rogue a bit harder. Sin kind a good solo build but for short fights. Ranger pet dye fast from elites and if u respam him he dont get back aggro. Found NB/sin hibrid good to solo. If u go on elite,keep 20m range and use just range skills.

But best is druid and necro, eazy mode.

+ Reply to Thread