+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VK or Justicar?

Soulwalker

Default VK or Justicar?

i've been playing a VK warrior since i started, which was about a month ago, and i love it. i'm curious about the justicar, though. would i be better off sticking with my warrior, or should i reroll a cleric?

i know i'd be better off playing a dps role, regardless of my calling, but i just like playing a defensive role offensively, if that makes sense.

i mean, from what i've read in the forums, i know the justicar has the in-battle res, but what are the main difference between the two?

Prophet of Telara

Cleric itemization on high end is absolutely horrible. Warriors seem to start off terrible in comparison but at the later stages due to itemization and some talents become superior. I've been looking into some things lately and that is the conclusion so far. Stick to warrior or go another class until itemization is better for clerics. Plus, justicar isn't anywhere as fun to play as the other tank specs. Only good thing is a second battle rez and some off healing which if you take a look at most parses you will see it just overlaps your raid healers so the healing most of the time is a total waste as it becomes over healing mostly.

In dungeons they are perfectly fine though but in later content they suck in comparison to warriors, rogues and mage tanks. I would suggest devs to reevaluate the itemization of cleric tanking.. It is laughable that dps pieces are at times best in slot for tanking than tank gear just because they offer a bit more endurance and that is far better than dodge/block.
    Last edited by Planetx; 12-22-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Soulwalker

okay, cool. thanks for the reply.

in the moments where a tank is already in the group, what dps should i spec into? i was playing around with the paragon, but it seems pretty squishy for the moment.

All DPS specs are almost identically squishy in group PvE, because they have identical resistances and almost identical HP pools. (Different classes have different armor, but that generally doesn't matter in dungeons because none of the AoE damage is physical, meaning that only the tank's armor matters.)
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-23-2014 at 08:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread