+ Reply to Thread

Thread: warrior reaver dps

Telaran

Default warrior reaver dps

Anyone tryed it?

Wana hear somethink about reaver as dps now. Is it even worth to try?

Some opinions about it if not hard

Thx

Shield of Telara

It is low and not viable in raid environments at the moment.

If we had it during 2.0 it might be viable on Kain

They should just put Reaver back to where it was in 2.8, I loved the Reaver tank. It was much more fun than Pally and VK, imo. I liked the idea of Reaver DPS but now that it has been turned into this monstrosity it is completely useless.

I know that might not mean much to most people but if the Devs bring it back we will at least have a FUNCTIONING soul again.

Reaver could use of a 10-12% flat dps increase and the soul would be munch more in line with the other warrior specs. And you know, right now reaver is the "confused" soul, its not sure if it wants to melee or to range. I'd like to have 2 ranged souls for warriors...
    Akamix / SGX / Optikalz
    <Versus>
    9/9 MoM + HM

That's exactly the problem, Vladd won't give free players a ranged warrior soul. So now we are stuck with a useless DPS soul because the Champion is all the AE DPS we will ever need.
    Last edited by Kallig; 12-11-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Reaver is absolute garbage for main speccing and great for hybrids. Overall a 4 out of 10 for effectiveness imo. Oh, and don't forget Paragon gets to pretend it is ranged too so chalk up another confused cpec for warriors.

Soulwalker

Here's how you fix Reaver:
    1) Add a RANGED finisher with good damage (make it a targeted aoe if you want)
    2) Boost all DoT damage by at least 20-25%
    3) Reduce the CD on Infestation and Viral Stream (these skills do good damage but a 21 sec CD is ridiculous)

Soulwalker

Default good points

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbridge View Post
    2) Boost all DoT damage by at least 20-25%
    3) Reduce the CD on Infestation and Viral Stream (these skills do good damage but a 21 sec CD is ridiculous)
    Agree. All of these points are very valid.

General of Telara

Fix 'Cloak of death' also as it has been broken since the souls relaunch(breaks on damage)

'Shadow of dread' really needs to have its cooldown dramatically reduced. Perhaps sod it off completely as a dot renew and make it a 41 point purge and make something else renew dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbridge View Post
    2) Boost all damage by at least 20-25%
    3) Reduce the CD on Infestation and Viral Stream (a 21 sec CD is ridiculous considering the laughable amount of damage they provide on such a long cooldown)
    I made some minor adjustments to your request to help Vladd (or whomever may be tasked with the job... if anyone) better understand what this soul needs in order to once again be a viable main spec soul.

I think Reaver may have infected itself during its revamp and ultimately became a lame, sickly soul incapable of performing on par with other classes and souls. However, it's still a great 15 point boost for other souls! Maybe that's what they were shooting for?
    Last edited by Gualtiero; 01-07-2015 at 09:02 AM.

This soul is being reworked atm, as for PTS testing done by a solid source it is currently sitting ab 1-2k below 61 tempest and is terrible at target switching.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxian View Post
    This soul is being reworked atm, as for PTS testing done by a solid source it is currently sitting ab 1-2k below 61 tempest and is terrible at target switching.
    61 Reaver is sitting a little below Tempest single target (on PTS), but well ahead on multiples without even having to do any target switching. It has a lot of passive cleave in it that doesn't currently reduce DPS to the main target.

I think it's actually in a very good place (on PTS) right now and suspect it would become much more widely used than 61 Temp by most players in most situations. It wouldn't be ideal for most raid boss fights, but would be very viable spec for running experts and NMR's for those that aren't excessively focused on DPS maximization.

I haven't messed around with target switching on PTS, but logistically it seems like it would be very difficult to extract much extra DPS out of it given the reliance of Infestation & Explosive Infestation on active DOTs. There's just not a lot of room in the rotation to switch targets, DOT them up, and get back to the main target with the big hitters before the DOTs fall off.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xentex View Post
    61 Reaver is sitting a little below Tempest single target (on PTS), but well ahead on multiples without even having to do any target switching. It has a lot of passive cleave in it that doesn't currently reduce DPS to the main target.

I think it's actually in a very good place (on PTS) right now and suspect it would become much more widely used than 61 Temp by most players in most situations. It wouldn't be ideal for most raid boss fights, but would be very viable spec for running experts and NMR's for those that aren't excessively focused on DPS maximization.

I haven't messed around with target switching on PTS, but logistically it seems like it would be very difficult to extract much extra DPS out of it given the reliance of Infestation & Explosive Infestation on active DOTs. There's just not a lot of room in the rotation to switch targets, DOT them up, and get back to the main target with the big hitters before the DOTs fall off.
    It is terrible at target switching, period.

+ Reply to Thread