+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Item Drops

Default Item Drops

Good Afternoon,

I am a long time player of MMO's and i know that drop chance plays a major part of grinding for gear, but i think Drop chance is hazardous to some players. For example i have run nightmare coast for nightweaver (a dps/healing bow). out of the 100 times i have run that dungeon since the expansion i have seen nightweaver a grand total of 10 times. while i dont mind that the chance for it is random the other item drops should not be for a class thats not in our party.

My point is if there is a group with 2 mages 1 rogue and 2 warriors there should be no reason that the epic item be a cleric piece. If this is by design i would have to get over it, but if not it should be fixed or addressed. i constanly believe that it is unfair for someone who has grinded alot for an item have class drops that no one in the party can use. If possible can you increase (if not make the item drops be for the classes in the party) the chance for drops be class only in the party. thank you for a moment of your time.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

Agreed, but it's good for runebreaking for stars.

In a sense im with you but, primarily we use dungeons for gear and if they drop for our class and no one needs them you can still break em for mats. i just beleive they should change it so it can be fair to the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trufrost View Post
    In a sense im with you but, primarily we use dungeons for gear and if they drop for our class and no one needs them you can still break em for mats. i just beleive they should change it so it can be fair to the other classes.
    Last boss drop tables are ******ed. Gear should be spread across the dungeon. The endless runs are already boring and are about to become annoying, getting that 2% drop chance trinket out of 18 items on the loot table.. gl..... its like ppl who make these games have no idea what's going on. I just....sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Last boss drop tables are ******ed. Gear should be spread across the dungeon. The endless runs are already boring and are about to become annoying, getting that 2% drop chance trinket out of 18 items on the loot table.. gl..... its like ppl who make these games have no idea what's going on. I just....sigh....

Sad part about it it use to be that way, but people were complaining that a tank would comei in a dungeon go to the first boss and then leave. Same thing goes for healers and dps. so to make sure people complete the dungeon they gave it all to the last boss.

What? You've seen an item drop 10 times and you complain? I think i've done emp core about 120 times now and seen zero warrior dps trinkets from the final boss, in total i have seen 2 dps trinkets drop. (both rogue ones and i passed both times since there was a rogue in need of it)

Same with the 2H Axe from Iron Tomb, never ever seen it drop and been running this dungeon about 80 times.I wish they introduced some kind of "Token of Iron Tomb" or "Token of Empyrean Core" when you complete that dungeon, and if you have like 50 tokens you can buy one of the epic drops that you can get from the final boss. Wouldnt that be an awesome change for the unlucky people that run those dungeons forever?
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

Quote Originally Posted by GenjuroK View Post
    What? You've seen an item drop 10 times and you complain? I think i've done emp core about 120 times now and seen zero warrior dps trinkets from the final boss, in total i have seen 2 dps trinkets drop. (both rogue ones and i passed both times since there was a rogue in need of it)

Same with the 2H Axe from Iron Tomb, never ever seen it drop and been running this dungeon about 80 times.I wish they introduced some kind of "Token of Iron Tomb" or "Token of Empyrean Core" when you complete that dungeon, and if you have like 50 tokens you can buy one of the epic drops that you can get from the final boss. Wouldnt that be an awesome change for the unlucky people that run those dungeons forever?
    Honestly i think that's like the best idea i heard. You can make a vendor spawn at the end of the dungeon, and he offers epic pieces for some abyssal marks. it makes it fair and we still have to grind for it. What you think?

I agree that the loot tables are either jacked or theres just to much in them. I hit 1k hit and i log in daily to do my crafting daily and logout. As far as I am concerned, I beat Rift until the next xpac lol Its just too grindy now.

I feel like im listening to an ipod with the same song on it day after day. I'm losing it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TehBigCarp View Post
    I agree that the loot tables are either jacked or theres just to much in them. I hit 1k hit and i log in daily to do my crafting daily and logout. As far as I am concerned, I beat Rift until the next xpac lol Its just too grindy now.

I feel like im listening to an ipod with the same song on it day after day. I'm losing it!!!!!
    i read this and started laughing my *** off, not because im being an *** but, because i feel the same way. the way loot is done currently is very frustrating. i hope they have an option like i suggested above or people will be very upset. they can even make a vendor at the end of that dungeon have its sellable loot random, if they want people to grind still.

Rift Disciple

They really messed up with the way trinket drops in NTEs, too.

Why, oh why would you make them have such a tiny drop chance, and then make four different version of each trinket instead of one drop with 2 upgrade paths. Absurd!

I think what would fix most of the gripes and concerns is if they allowed the last boss to drop 2 pieces of epic loot instead of one.
    -Smarted the Awesome

Rift Disciple

Same problem:
    Why someone can roll need on crafting recept if he doesn't even have the according skill?

+ Reply to Thread