+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class and pets.

Soulwalker

Default Class and pets.

I've seen a lot of answers on this topic but I could not find exactly.
    My question thunders which classes you have pets?
    Do you selected pets at any lvl or what?
    Do you have pets of the water?
    SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH LANGUAGE!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MaroxYT View Post
    I've seen a lot of answers on this topic but I could not find exactly.
    My question thunders which classes you have pets?
    Do you selected pets at any lvl or what?
    Do you have pets of the water?
    SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH LANGUAGE!
    Each calling has a soul with pets, mage has 2:

Calling Warrior: Beastmaster - Tiger/big cats
    Calling Mage: Necromancer - undead (skelletons)
    Calling mage: Elementalist - Air/Fire/Water Elements
    Calling Rogue: Ranger - Razorbeast (boar), Dire Wolf and Raptor
    Calling Cleric: Druid - Fae (satyrs and fairies)

So waterbased if you want that would be mage, elementalist.
    Souls will not have access to all possible pets at the start but will free more and more powerfull ones as more soulpoints get put in that souls tree. As well as make the pets you have stronger. All will start out with a pet though (I believe tanking ones for all). Also for credits other looks for that calling and soul's pets can be bought. That's only a cosmetic change, so looks, nothing else.
    Last edited by Serathe; 11-29-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Soulwalker

Thanks!

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=Serathe;4960781
    Calling mage: Elementalist - Air/Fire/Water Elements

But who exactly Elementalist?
    I know a magician but more precisely?

Rift Chaser

I don't quite understand your question.

An elementalist roleplay wise is a mage who controlls the elements of fire, water, earth and such.

Game technical:
    You pick calling mage (other choices the game offers is warrior, cleric and rogue).
    The mage soul you pick to get these elemental pets is called elementalist (you can pick up to 3 souls at a time). That soultree will give you the elemental pets if you put points in it, There are various presets that have this soul in them if you want to choose a preset.
    Preset "The beginner" for instance has both soul elementalist and soul necromancer in it. But eventhough you can summon undead and elementals that way, you can only have one pet out at a time.
    Last edited by Serathe; 11-29-2014 at 11:41 PM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Soulwalker

I know I choose magician.
    But there are to this magician subclasses such as the beginner, benchmark or Gravelord ...

Quote Originally Posted by MaroxYT View Post
    I know I choose magician.
    But there are to this magician subclasses such as the beginner, benchmark or Gravelord ...
    Those "subclasses" are presets.

Preset are premade specializations, you can simply ignore the preset to make your own specialization.
    You'll then be able to choose which souls you want to use for your specialization and take the talents you want in those souls.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Soulwalker

How to make your own specialty?
    Sorry but I'm new.

Rift Chaser

A few things:

The calling you pick you are stuck with on that character. So a mage can never be a cleric.

My suggestion seeing you are new.
    Pick a preset (subclass) from the character creation screen and stick with it for a while while playing the game. Pick one that has elementalist in it. Seeing you wanted elemental pets.
    The preset (subclass) will show on this screen the 3 souls it is made off and the amount of points in it at max level for each soul if you keep following the preset. Meaning you will have the game pick where to put the points in for you as you level up. Just pick one with elementalist having a nice high number and with a not high difficulty. Difficulty will be mentioned at the character creation screen as well.

Just play around with it, let the game decide the skill points for you. Once you decide you want to put in a skillpoint yourself instead of having the game decide for you and do this, from then on the game stops deciding the points for that setup for you. As you strayed from it's path. The presets are pretty decent to good anyway.Get used to the game, what you like and don't like. And when you get some experience you can always change things if you think that's better.

Souls CAN be changed for a fee whenever you want at the class trainer. You reset the points at the trainer for the currently active soul-set-up (which can be a preset/subclass or a fully self chosen set-up). After that you can just pick other souls and/or spend your skillpoints differently or pick another preset (subclass). So don't worry, if you don't like what you have you can change. So don't feel afraid to try things out. You are never stuck with it. Only with your class choice.

You can even buy additional slots for different set ups on the same character you can change at will. I believe each character starts with 2 slots (or gets it around level 10 or so. Can't recall, been a while).
    Last edited by Serathe; 11-30-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Soulwalker

So the final question.
    What kind of class and subclass might choose to have a pet for air?

Rift Chaser

Ah it does not show on the creation screen. I'll help you out then.

Chose mage (only one with elemental pets, of which some are air).

Then pick either of these as subclass (preset) to get the most out of elementalist and thus air pets and other elemental pet. You can't just chose just air. pets have different roles (like tank and dps and higher level ones are better at it then lower level) and come with their own look/element:

- The beginner (necro 32 points, elementalist 44), means elemental pets and undead pets to choose from as you level. Difficulty easy

- Summoner The most elementalist heavy preset, with the max 61 points in elementalist in the end (and 15 chloromancer). You will end up with every elemental pet possible. But not every look, many can be bought in the store and all they do is change the look of that specific pet. Difficulty intermediate

In either case you will start with a tanking earth pet.
    Last edited by Serathe; 11-30-2014 at 03:06 AM.

Soulwalker

So I choose the mage class with a subclass of Summoner.

Rift Chaser

Yes. Play around with that a bit for some levels to get a feel for it. Get some experience and fun. And adjust later if needed. Happy rifting

+ Reply to Thread