+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightmare Tide: State of TANKS

Default Nightmare Tide: State of TANKS

I want to play a Tank class, but I haven't experienced the value of each class at end game. Here are some questions I have:

1) Most effective class at Tanking for groups? Most effective for Raids?
    2) Most effective class at holding aggro single target? multiple targets?
    3) which class offers the most secondary benefit to the group/raid while still performing the main task of tanking?
    4) Most effective at staying alive when the S*** hits the fan and healers are dying everywhere?

Cleric (Justicar) is the best overall with battle res, heals and strong kooldowns.
    just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    I want to play a Tank class, but I haven't experienced the value of each class at end game. Here are some questions I have:

3) which class offers the most secondary benefit to the group/raid while still performing the main task of tanking?
    4) Most effective at staying alive when the S*** hits the fan and healers are dying everywhere?
    1. Pretty much equal.
    2. Doesn't matter. It's trivially easy to hold aggro regardless of your class-- if a tank is losing threat, it means that they have absolutely no clue what they're doing, and probably aren't attacking at all, because you have to be doing things very, very wrong to lose threat on anything that you're hitting.
    3. Cleric, probably, although everyone has various secondary utility.
    4. Riftstalker or Arbiter, although again, it's pretty equal across the board.

Pick whichever class you enjoy the most, the differences are all quite minor.

Itís encouraging to read that the state of Tanks is well balanced. I also read that Cleric Tanks are the hardest to heal and have the least amount of CDs. Is this true?

Plane Touched

Itís encouraging to read that the state of Tanks is well balanced. I also read that Cleric Tanks are the hardest to heal and have the least amount of CDs. Is this true?
    No, and there is a current thread in the cleric section about this exact question. I'd copy paste the url, but that is annoying to do on my phone.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

1. They are equally effective, just some are more situational than others.
    2. Arbiter technically due to their CDs, but anyone can do it just fine.
    3. Arguably VK or Justicar depending on what you need. VK will give you a lot of extra DPS for the enrage timers along with cleanses and purges, Justicar will give you a brez, or Paladin will save you from a raid wipe with Life's Rapture.
    4. Riftstalker or Arbiter.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 11-05-2014 at 10:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread