+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Warriors, the class that can only play one healing role.

Soulwalker

Default Warriors, the class that can only play one healing role.

Every other class in this game can single target and aoe heal, warriors can't.

Why is this?

I understand warrior heals strength is in the Aoe department, but if I want to solo heal a NT expert, I should be able to.

It just feels wrong.

That's my opinion, I'd like to hear yours.

Rift Chaser

Unfortunately Warriors and Chloro's are unable to solo heal experts in their current state. this isn't because they are bad healers its just that since the damage is so spikey and hard hitting you lack the tools to prevent and soak up incoming damage on the Tanks. reactive healing when the tanks are taking 50-70% of their HP In a singe hit is near impossible as the timing has to be perfect and the heal strong enough to max out their HP again ready for the next one.

I admit Chloro's have it better than Warriors and it seems like Warriors have been screwed over in 3.0 so much to say as far as im aware my guild only has 2 warriors left (we didn't have that many anyway) with them either leaving or switching class at the gear reset.

the best thing you can hope for is either the Experts get nerfed into the floor so you can heal them or for Vladd to realise the warriors are lacking tools to be effective in dungeons. personally id expect the first will happen before the second.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    Unfortunately Warriors and Chloro's are unable to solo heal experts in their current state. this isn't because they are bad healers its just that since the damage is so spikey and hard hitting you lack the tools to prevent and soak up incoming damage on the Tanks. reactive healing when the tanks are taking 50-70% of their HP In a singe hit is near impossible as the timing has to be perfect and the heal strong enough to max out their HP again ready for the next one.

I admit Chloro's have it better than Warriors and it seems like Warriors have been screwed over in 3.0 so much to say as far as im aware my guild only has 2 warriors left (we didn't have that many anyway) with them either leaving or switching class at the gear reset.

the best thing you can hope for is either the Experts get nerfed into the floor so you can heal them or for Vladd to realise the warriors are lacking tools to be effective in dungeons. personally id expect the first will happen before the second.
    Dungeon nerfs will happen. It'll be a few weeks yet, but this is a similar progression as Storm Legion. And as folks become better geared, tanks will take less damage and healers will output more. Lib isn't a perfect spec, but it was buffed a bit in the single target department thanks to recommendations from beta testers. at this point, i would recommend that if you want to heal dungeons as lib, bring a true support with you.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Shupe View Post

Why is this?

I understand warrior heals strength is in the Aoe department, but if I want to solo heal a NT expert, I should be able to.

It just feels wrong.

This has already been covered in the Warrior Discussion Forum check out the link here.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...liberator.html

Are you in full expert gear? I'm nearly full expert (not upgraded of course by any means), and one necklace upgrade short of being raid ready hit-wise.

I have only upgraded one essence so far to a lvl 65 essence. I still have plenty of gearing to go but I'm waaaaaay more easily able to solo heal as chloro now in experts than I was on day one...I too thought there was no hope.

However, fresh 65s to experts have no RIGHT to be able to solo heal them. Even I dont yet as I haven't upgraded really any essences or even boosted my expert gear into epic expert gear.

You do have a right to be able to perform an expert to the best of your ability when you still need drops from them or essence upgrades etc, but WITH a support.

Many times even our puri's and our rogues still need their peeps who queued as support to go support...either in the form of healing and damage reduction buffs (archon is all available? make them powerdrain those heavy hits or debuff adds to reduce att and cast speed) , extra links (welcome back your warlocks), or CC (CC can make a humongous difference in heavy tank damage now...my dom has been getting a lot of use! druids and warlocks are useful for this too!).

Anyway, I do agree it is much harder on chloro's and warriors. However, the RIGHT to solo heal an expert...I do not agree with or support queues should just go away. Once you outgear it, then ya, you should have a right to, but not right now.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Soulwalker

I understand the point people are making but it doesn't fully answer the problem.

The fact remains that every other class in this game can both aoe or tank heal for raid.

Warriors can not.
    Last edited by Shupe; 10-31-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Shadowlander

You do forget warriors have 2 tanking souls, 1 for raids and 1 for dungeons :P

There was a time when everyone was whining about "omg warriors getting an AoE soul that's gonna replace Clerics' wardens?! WHY trion WHY!?" and now its "omg warriors don't have more healing souls?! WHY trion WHY!?".

Soulwalker

No one is asking why warriors don't have more healing souls, the underlying issue is that a lot of warrior souls don't mesh well.

Rouges only have one healing soul, but via tact/phys they can also aoe heal.

The question remains, every class can tank and aoe heal in raid, not an option for warriors, why?

Ascendant

Why is this?

It just feels wrong.

Warriors shouldn't be able to heal, period. Homogenisation has destroyed this game's sense of class uniqueness, everyone can do pretty much everything, classes are now redundant.

My answer to you: if you want HEAL, level a HEALER!
    Last edited by Kerin; 11-10-2014 at 07:52 AM.

No one is asking why warriors don't have more healing souls, the underlying issue is that a lot of warrior souls don't mesh well.

Rouges only have one healing soul, but via tact/phys they can also aoe heal.

The question remains, every class can tank and aoe heal in raid, not an option for warriors, why?
    Because. Honestly lol what do you want us to say? We didn't build the game and devs don't openly come here and answer every random question.
    If you want the true answer, then PM Vladd and question him.

You are asking us to answer a design based question when we have 0 knowledge on the design process going on in Trion.

Phys/Tact was an ingenious hybrid that a player came up with; and as with all hybrids to have ever existed, Trion was not aware of the extent of its power until post-release (why do you think they are trying to move away from hybrids - even though they say they are trying to bring them back - because its hard to control variables of OPness when there are 100 different combinations to pool from).

So no Trion did not create a rogue AoE healing soul. They just gave them the ST soul while we got the AoE soul. Some individual mixed the tact and phys and came out with a hybrid that Trion couldn't fathom beforehand.

As for lib not being able to heal an expert (as with chloro), there are only few bosses and EC trash that pose a hard threat. I have seen libs heal through experts with some purple gear on an averagely geared tank. It's harder but the challenge is awesome. I am actually thinking of buying the liberator soul so I can challenge myself through healing experts with it.

===
    Your questions are so one-sided like why can't you further pose questions such as: why do warriors get 2 tanking souls while the rest only get 1? Why do warriors get 3 melee DPS souls, while the others only get 1-2? Why do clerics get 3 healing souls while the rest only get 1? Why do Chloros and Rogues get WG/PC but warriors and clerics don't? Why do Beastmasters get Enrage & 2 unique and powerful defensive CDs that NO OTHER CLASS has?

Ya they are endless. Just deal with it and play or re-roll a healer.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 11-10-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    why do warriors get 2 tanking souls while the rest only get 1?
    Why do the Rogue, Cleric, and Mage tanking souls all manage to have very good survivability, great and extensive CD's, and good utility while neither of the Warrior tanking souls manage to have the combination of them all separately? Warriors are forced to choose between the tanking soul with very good survivability and decent CD's (Paladin) but poor utility and the tanking soul with crappy survivability, poor CD's, and great utility (VK).

Why do warriors get 3 melee DPS souls, while the others only get 1-2?
    We don't. We have 5 even though at best we only need 2. Reaver didn't become a ranged soul like promised and is another glass cannon melee spec. We now have 5 glass cannon melee specs: Paragon, Riftblade, Reaver, Champion, and Warlord.

Four of them are mostly ST with limited AoE and one of them is AoE with poor ST. Warlord had its survivability nerfed a lot and in actual use is just a lower parsing Paragon now making it worthless. Riftblade hasn't been useful for well over a year. Champion is really only useful for solo'ing. Reaver is only good as a low branch for hybrids. That only leaves Paragon as the soul Warriors actually are satisfied with as a melee dps soul.

Why do clerics get 3 healing souls while the rest only get 1?
    They don't. They get 4. Warden, Purifier, Sentinel, Defiler. They are all very useful individually and have their own greatly different mechanics that makes them each a very good addition to the cleric calling. Warden is their AoE soul and it does its job well. Defiler utilizes links and is a necessity for high end progression raiding. Sentinel has a lot of fast spot healing and great utility which makes it awesome in PvP. And Purifier is the best ST healing soul in the game thanks to how well absorbs function in tank healing making it indispensible. Kervik actually knows his ****. Vladd's embarrassing situation with melee dps souls on warrior could learn ALOT from how well Kervik has done with the healing souls on Cleric.

Why do Beastmasters get Enrage & 2 unique and powerful defensive CDs that NO OTHER CLASS has?
    This would be a good point and be a win for warriors if not for all of beastmasters attrocious failings that detract from the few beneficial perks the class has.

Beastmaster is also the only support class that is melee and hence contributes **** dps on any fight with disconnects. This weakness is magnified when you consider most its dps comes form keeping up several MELEE bleeds that need constant re-application making it a very difficult soul to play effectively. Additionally, Pyrochons can fulfill 95% the role of a beastmaster with buff parity during raids while also drastically out-dps'ing beastmaster from RANGE making it the obvious choice over beastmaster in any given situation.

The only real answer is that the Warrior class is severely gimped from many terrible dev decisions and with Vladd holding the reigns it doesn't seem like this situation will change anytime soon.
    Last edited by Kenjitamura; 11-11-2014 at 08:33 PM.

rhetorical questions and while I don't disagree with you, this is definitely not the way to vent it out.

Rift Master

The Warrior having 2 tanking souls and one sounding less than viable makes it hard to ever recommend to somebody to actually play a Warrior.

Pick Rogue or Cleric and sure your stuck with 1 tank soul to do the job but at least your fully viable, capable and desirable in other roles too.

1st its a shame to see the Warrior class to lose one of its tanking souls. Though at the time the Warrior community seemed strangely welcoming of this.

2nd.....sigh.......I don't even know........ Tanking is equally important as Healing to loose one of my Healing souls the rage would never stop. Heck as a Warrior I would be not only demanding my lost tanking soul back but for a new one on top of that.

Every class has a role their good at with the most options to choose from EXCEPT Warrior. 2 tank souls is hardly options versus 1 especially when only one is really considered viable.

Honestly guys, while I am not defending the devs (jesus knows I am not lol), you guys really need to give it a rest. We are sounding like clerics now.

**** happens; of the four classes, one has to technically be the worst (if they are all the same, why bother). In this iteration of Rift, we are the worst. Deal with it. Vladd will get around and induce some changes.

For the past 2 years, clerics were the worst and let them get their chance. Warriors have been top everything for a long time, so just relax and if your skill cannot carry you through because of class differences, you got bigger problems.

That being said, warriors are needed in mount sharax especially 3rd boss. I won't say why/how since the "sekret" was provided in confidentiality but without warriors (as with proteus), that fight is much harder.

If you want a perfect game, Rift is not gonna be it. Never was, never will be. I still remember how absolutely destructive champ/para hybrids were for the longest of vanilla rift (what was it, 7 or 8 huge patches?) and warrior tanks were OP because spotter's order threat ftw. Back then clerics > mages outside of wild growth, rogues were pointless to bring to any raid outside of bard and sin crit debuff, and clerics could not DPS if their life depended on it.

We had 5 macros to pull about 5k more DPS than a Shaman with 10-15 buttons. It was ridiculously unfair. But you know what most guilds did? They looked at skill per class; 'cause I remember Hikos back then with his insane shaman rotation with like 23 keybinds and he outparsed many many warriors irrespective of how OP warriors were.

Other words, deal with it, rise to the challenge; figure out and work around the shortcomings of our class. Stop expecting the world revolving around you and work to make it revolve around you.
    And some other cheesy crap. You can't do this or don't want to ('cause omg this is my free time game), then stop Rift, go play maplestory 2 (it is incredibly balanced in terms of class design; the rest? meeeeh)
    Last edited by Solaxys; 11-12-2014 at 12:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast