Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sin/MM/Riftstalker

Shadowlander

Default Sin/MM/Riftstalker

I was just fooling around with specs until the next beta comes out and I came across one that I found really interesting and would like some feedback on on the ya's and na's

Link- http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRod0udk.V0xzz

I want to focus on MM with the stun and slow abilities and unlimited stealth of the Sin + the protectiveness of the riftstalker and porting abilities of the rift stalker to create the distance between me and my target if they were to get close.

Opinions?

Soulwalker

this is EXACTLY the kind of spec i want to try out for the next beta. i like the feel of the ranger tree but i also wanna stealth around and don't wanna be all glass cannon like a mage.

/bump

Soulwalker

That seems like a good idea for what you're looking for. You don't really have much options since you more or less need the improved stealth in order to be extremely stealthy.

edit- misread post and missed certain talents
    Last edited by Skyye; 01-31-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Shadowlander

Yea my biggest worry is will I be able to put out a decent amount of damage to contend once my element of surprise has passed

Sorry to be the downer, but the bleed from the assassin tree does not work with ranged weapons. And as for making distance between you and your enemy.... Marksman is built for that, all those run speed increases, knockbacks, and with enough points, Retreat.

I'm going for this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EGtRqdAudR.0V

You'll notice that I love everything about Marksman =P Nightblade for Hellfire Blades and 15% damage bonus to combo builders and finishers, 5 points in Assassin for the crit (and you can stack poison with hellfire blades).

It works for PvE and PvP, although I'd have to work in the Infiltrator for PvP later on.

Edit: Thinking maybe even drop assassin for 5 points in riftstalker for the 15% attack power bonus.... Either way, Marksman is a very exciting Soul. And it's good to see more people not giving in to the pet fanboy/girl mentality and ditching ranger!
    Last edited by Tenebres; 01-31-2011 at 02:39 AM.

Shadowlander

I like your link and perfect I didn't know if it would work or not! I like the blade dancer but I think you should get ride of the sin bc the blade dancer also gets a stealth and go with something like the riftstalker for the 15% increase to attack power plus the planes shift

Hux

I like the idea, but i honestly think you're sacreficing too much for 2 stuns you have to be in melee to use, i've been making one of these builds as well some time ago, i'm still struggeling with it - i dont belive we need stealth to be indefinite in order to pop up with a surprise though.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0ub.V0xfxVbokk

I know, it's very tanky, but the mobility in riftstalker is just so awesome
    <Two dead souls meet in the world of the unliving, both have been brutally killed in a blattleground>
    Soul 1: Hey there buddy! Guess you're waiting to respawn as well, huh? How'd you die?
    Soul 2: Nah, just got owned by a arms warrior. How 'bout you?
    Soul 1: Yeah well, so i was standing there doing a ton of damage with my fiery necromancer mage, when this tanky paladin-warrior blinks over to me and starts shooting instant fireballs and ends up getting the killing blow on me with his pet.
    Soul 2: Ah cool... Wait, what?!
    Soul 1: Crazy awesome huh? It's called Rift, welcome to the World of Customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebres View Post
    Sorry to be the downer, but the bleed from the assassin tree does not work with ranged weapons. And as for making distance between you and your enemy.... Marksman is built for that, all those run speed increases, knockbacks, and with enough points, Retreat.

I'm going for this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EGtRqdAudR.0V

You'll notice that I love everything about Marksman =P Nightblade for Hellfire Blades and 15% damage bonus to combo builders and finishers, 5 points in Assassin for the crit (and you can stack poison with hellfire blades).

It works for PvE and PvP, although I'd have to work in the Infiltrator for PvP later on.

Edit: Thinking maybe even drop assassin for 5 points in riftstalker for the 15% attack power bonus.... Either way, Marksman is a very exciting Soul. And it's good to see more people not giving in to the pet fanboy/girl mentality and ditching ranger!
    Everyone knows it doesn't affect ranged skills., but you don't have much choice if you want improved stealth and the melee stun. At least it gives a chance to blead on the stun. Your build wastes alot of points on skills you won't need. Although it depends what the purpose of your build is. It's a good pve build.
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-31-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Vadar, if you bleed on the stun, I believe it would break that stun. And as a Marksman, I'd rather use my mobility to kite from range than willingly go into melee range to pull off a stun.

And personally, I don't think I'm wasting ANY points. For both PvP and PvE, every single Marksman talent is useful. And playing a ranged class with melee bleeds and melee stuns isn't wasting points?

Quote Originally Posted by tdjuniord3 View Post
    I like your link and perfect I didn't know if it would work or not! I like the blade dancer but I think you should get ride of the sin bc the blade dancer also gets a stealth and go with something like the riftstalker for the 15% increase to attack power plus the planes shift

If I were to get Blade Dancer, it'd be for the auto-attack damage increase. But I move around too much so auto attack is about 5% of my damage ( if that ). And that first planes shift from riftstalker..... imo it's useless. I do like the 15% attack power though. That being said.... if i put sabotuer in there, I'd get +15% dex and the AoE snare.

And I wouldn't ditch Nightblade for the world. Hellfire blades increases my damage by a LOT.
    Last edited by Tenebres; 01-31-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Bleed break the stun.

Poisons are added from ranged weapons (B5).

That is my contribution.
    Last edited by stylusnc; 01-31-2011 at 03:10 AM.
    I'd retrace these steps that led me here... but nothing lives behind me.
    So I lie in this field bathed in the light that loves me, with nothing left to lose.

Hux

After looking at the pvp soul, it feels almost too good to pass up on - guess only few players will be able to actually specc deep into the pvp soul for some time to come - so, its only my idea of an ideal spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...d0o.xx0M0c0V0z
    <Two dead souls meet in the world of the unliving, both have been brutally killed in a blattleground>
    Soul 1: Hey there buddy! Guess you're waiting to respawn as well, huh? How'd you die?
    Soul 2: Nah, just got owned by a arms warrior. How 'bout you?
    Soul 1: Yeah well, so i was standing there doing a ton of damage with my fiery necromancer mage, when this tanky paladin-warrior blinks over to me and starts shooting instant fireballs and ends up getting the killing blow on me with his pet.
    Soul 2: Ah cool... Wait, what?!
    Soul 1: Crazy awesome huh? It's called Rift, welcome to the World of Customization.

ill be rolling with
    MM/Riftstalker/Infiltrator at 50.
    Before that ill have Nightblade instead for stealth.
    Riftstalker offers some damage increase, huge mobility increase and huge survival increase.
    OP's build is squishy as hell.

Shadowlander

I like the infiltrator spec but won't spec into it till I can get the final talents bc it seems like a waste till then. Personally I don't think ranger/mm compliment each other very well besides the first two talents and the root spells aren't in my favor. My original spec was with a huge definition on surprise and to attack from range with the ability to get out of close quarter combatants. and I may look at that MM/riftstalker/Nightblade set up. I like the Mobility of the riftstalker
    Last edited by tdjuniord3; 01-31-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stylusnc View Post
    Bleed break the stun.

Poisons are added from ranged weapons (B5).

That is my contribution.
    Stuns don't break on damage, which is why the assassin has them.

Yeah, the PvP soul is pretty sweet. I got it in Beta 5 and put 5 points into the Armour pen. Add that to the armour pen from Marksman tree, it was pretty beast. Some of the skills in the PvP soul are nice, but it does seem like it's more aimed at the melee rogue though, not that I'm complaining, I do enjoy my melee spec too =)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast