+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hybrids Testing

Rift Master

Default Hybrids Testing

So stupid question for a great topic......

Has anybody really tried 1st making a good Hybrid and parsing it? Then to top it off really looked at it to see what was holding it back to offer Devs a suggestion to correcting the discrepancy of Hybrids sucking and actually attempting to make them better?

I know you lose all these great 1 min CDs but sometimes I feel like you should be getting more back from simply having more abilities to use more often. Unfortunately I cant provide any good examples of what SHOULD make a good Hybrid as I'm horrible at theorycrafting.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#eq/f9kGaiiB4w/hh952

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p...m8FigkaFgw/qg8

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8G98w/Dkak81lgF0/nd
    Good luck juggling Massive Blow and Resounding Blow for full Effectiveness I would always TRY to use Resounding Blow then Massive Blow while keeping Combined Effort in rotation.

Telaran

There are always people trying out new hybrids. And hybrids don't suck as much as you think.

Some are listed below. This is not an exhaustive list; I believe these are/were the most common. Also, some have been nerfed because they were too strong.
    NB/sin
    harbchon
    harb/necro
    necro/ele
    SC/harb
    SC/ele
    SC/arb
    pyrochon
    tactman
    warlord hybrids
    tempagon
    WL/pally
    38/38 reaver (on pts)

I don't know of any cleric hybrids other than druid/justicar for soloing.

Dig in the class guide forums. I'm sure there are guides for these hybrids.

Rift Master

All I ever find on these forums is its 61 point builds only useful builds blah blah blah. Well I'm glad to hear hybrids are more of a thing now though I'm sure someone might be able to come and disagree how hybrids suck.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    All I ever find on these forums is its 61 point builds only useful builds blah blah blah. Well I'm glad to hear hybrids are more of a thing now though I'm sure someone might be able to come and disagree how hybrids suck.
    Because, if you look at the list, over half the hybrids are mage.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Rift Master

What the community needs is theorycrafters to make the best possible hybrid they can and then explain where and why its lacking and what can possible be done to assist in making it viable.

I gave a few examples of possibly good hybrids. Though im NOT a theorycrafter or a spreadsheet warrior by ANY means lol.

Telaran

What the community needs is theorycrafters to make the best possible hybrid they can and then explain where and why its lacking and what can possible be done to assist in making it viable.

I gave a few examples of possibly good hybrids. Though im NOT a theorycrafter or a spreadsheet warrior by ANY means lol.
    Balance becomes an issue when too much assistance is given to hybrids. It's much easier to maintain balance if all callings have balanced 61 point specs. Class balance is MUCH better right now than before Storm Legion.

This is not to say hybrids cannot exist or become competitive. For example, the 41sin/35nb parsed higher than 61 sin and emerged near the end of SL T2.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Because, if you look at the list, over half the hybrids are mage.
    That's why I loved being a mage. I had plenty of options.

In warrior, on live, warpest and paralord are two of the top sustained DPS specs. For solo play champ/warlord and warlord/paladin are the top specs for doing current-level content.

There's no shortage of good hybrid builds out there in all classes. You just shouldn't expect to see them used as everyone's top DPS builds in a raid setting, where everyone is trying to optimize around aligning DPS cooldown bursts with buff/debuff cooldowns.

I think Trion's actually done pretty well with hybrid builds, all things considered. Just don't expect them to make up the bulk of a raid force. I think that's good. Hybrids can offer better utility or survivability at the expense of giving up bursts.

I think the guides tend to emphasize 61 point builds because most of the guides that keep getting bumped are the ones for raid optimization.

Rift Master

You would think a few well placed hybrids, obviously not a full composition of all hybrids but enough added to a raid to pick up short comings in what ever area was needed.

I think part of the other issue is the raids themselves. It seems like they are being designed with full builds in mind or simply that full builds are performing TOO good.

The original idea for full builds was that they wouldnt be very versatile. I guess the other issue is unlike Rift 1.X even full builds have extra points to splash over

61 point builds have no actual down side to being used versus that of a hybrid.

Example. I made a Purifier hybrid
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p...m8FigkaFgw/qg8
    So I get the best parts of Purifier then an upgraded Healing Breath, Healing Spray, and Healing Flood and Marked by the light procing heals of off single target heals.

Strangely though my 61 point Purifier has better AOE healing and doesn't need any burst healing from Sentinel.

Telaran

...or simply that full builds are performing TOO good.
    Not quite. One of the class devs (Vladd iirc) stated that hybrids must be within a certain % of the 61 point specs to maintain balance. The actual post is buried somewhere.

In other words, 61 point specs aren't over performing. The overpowered hybrids are brought back in line. Warpest and Paralord, the hybrids that were nerfed, were performing too well in T3 due to their scaling.

You would think a few well placed hybrids, obviously not a full composition of all hybrids but enough added to a raid to pick up short comings in what ever area was needed.
    Possible. But the only hybrids I can think of that fit this description are the archon hybrids and phys/tact. 61 archon is crappy; 51 points is enough for Burning Purpose. Phys/tact can do everything that 61 Physician with raid healing potential at the cost of cooldowns.

+ Reply to Thread