+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current Melee Game State

Soulwalker

Default Current Melee Game State

Hey guys, so I am a returning rift player, I played at launch for a good while, now I never got to 60 before being pulled away from the game and into others. But I have friends that have and they have since stopped playing and are now also returning.

Now my question for everyone is what is the current state of the game for melee classes? specifically in level 60 dungeons and raids? Last time we played my friend had told me that it was a very hostile environment for melee... At least a cleric(which is the class he plays the most) and that you were almost required to be ranged in most fights.

Now is this how it was early game? is it still like this? like I said I am returning after several years away.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Phetic View Post
    Hey guys, so I am a returning rift player, I played at launch for a good while, now I never got to 60 before being pulled away from the game and into others. But I have friends that have and they have since stopped playing and are now also returning.

Now my question for everyone is what is the current state of the game for melee classes? specifically in level 60 dungeons and raids? Last time we played my friend had told me that it was a very hostile environment for melee... At least a cleric(which is the class he plays the most) and that you were almost required to be ranged in most fights.

Now is this how it was early game? is it still like this? like I said I am returning after several years away.
    Unfortunately, it is very up and down. It just depends. Range definitely has an advantage. Is melee doable? Yes. Should you be melee all of the time in raids and dungeons .. no not really. Range is safer and easier most the time while melee is still good for straight burns and little movement. Point is play both?
    Last edited by Planetx; 10-17-2014 at 07:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread