+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleric is best class overall for 3.0

Default Cleric is best class overall for 3.0

If you are planning to reroll or start playing the game over again I suggest go cleric.
    I said this for 2.0 actually and everyone was pretty happy with clerics in 2.0 outside of dps raiding clerics. 3.0 fixes this so far as I can tell.

The next choices are kind of tied but not really..

If you want to pvp more often I would say rogue.
    If you want to pve more often I would say mage. I would actually however lean toward mage if preferred premades or like dueling.

Rogue and warrior classes are becoming a super niche class. Warrior is already incredibly niche and rogue is heading in that direction as well plus a lot of players still roll a rogue and you will be fighting over loot with them.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-07-2014 at 02:51 AM.

Plane Walker

I've always said if you play a cleric, you're pretty much cheating.
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Soulwalker

Default Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by DMoney817 View Post
    I've always said if you play a cleric, you're pretty much cheating.
    The rogue healer is by far the best and most over powered class in the game and I'm getting sick of it.

Plane Walker

Well, it's also the only class that comes with pretty much all you need with free souls.

As a rogue you need the purchased souls for healing
    As a Warrior you need the purchased souls to even have a ranged dps spec and also healing
    As a mage you need the purchased souls for melee dps and tanking

Cleric comes with all of those already without paying a cent. All it's really missing is support. But Warrior might as well also be missing support since no one really runs with beast master.

Cleric you get tanking, healing, ranged dps, melee dps from the get go >.<

And to top it off it does them all really well.

Biggest perk is probably that Vladd isn't the class dev for them though.

You guys forget that if you want to play dps you shouldn't roll a cleric, as you're probably gonna be stuck playing defiler/oracle/purifier/warden(/sent in pvp), since these roles are needed in raids and players from other callings can't play them or simply are all like "I didn't roll this calling to do something else than dpsing !".
    Last edited by fufi; 10-10-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    You guys forget that if you want to play dps you shouldn't roll a cleric, as you're probably gonna be stuck playing defiler/oracle/purifier/warden(/sent in pvp), since these roles are needed in raids and players from other callings can't play them or simply are all like "I didn't roll this calling to do something else than dpsing !".
    I agree with OP. Key word is NEEDED. For most players they won't be willing to pay for progression. As soon as you are willing to dps you are directly compared to other dps who probably can pay for progression. Playing cleric you get puri and defiler needed roles. Not one time have I ever seen a complaint about defiler or puri in raids because they are not based on topping charts lol. DPS is the first thing everyone looks at. Cleric is even one of the better tanks for progression as well.

Only problem I see with cleric is the mana management vs. other classes. That is biggest problem. Mage virtually has none..

I would go Mage or cleric but cleric hands down if you don't buy any soul packs.
    Last edited by Planetx; 10-11-2014 at 03:07 PM.

So, how exactly would you play defiler without buying a pack ? You've never seen a complaint about a defiler in a raid ? There is nothing more annoying for a raid leader than to see the defiler dying. The defiler has one of the biggest responsibility in a raid, and is also expected to pull out good dps numbers. There's a big difference between a mediocre defiler and a good defiler, and it can easily make or break a kill in a high end progression setting.

You also need defiler has a subsoul for the best dps in Inquisitor and Cabalist, and Oracle provides the best subsoul for Purifier, Warden and Sentinel (granted it's not a big gain other the next best choice, but it's still there).

If you don't want to pay to play defiler or oracle, then out of the needed roles there is sometimes (rarely) warden, and purifier (at maximum one though). Probably I wouldn't even consider for my team a player who can only play that and gimped inquisitor.
    The keyword was NEEDED right ? that's two spots if we consider a purifier needed (which is far less needed than a defiler), 1/10th of a raid. Who cares about that anyway ? You're still going to try to balance your calling composition when making a raid, simply because the loot supposedly drops equally between the four callings, and thus not bringing a balanced amount of players from different callings is simply burdening your guild's progression. And out of the 5 spots in a 20-man setting, usually I will want tank + purifier + defiler + oracle + warden/dps.

You can obviously also play tank, but it requires extra effort to put together the gear, and most players do not want to have the responsibilities that a tank have, especially players who would want to play purifier and defiler because they think no one will complain about them, not to mention that the number of tank slots is both varying and limited.

I'm a cleric player and I agree that cleric is the best class overall, because I like to be versatile, but people need to be aware that playing cleric is most of the times playing what the team needs for the fight (even more in a 10-man setting), and not whatever you want to play, especially if you want to mostly dps.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Soulwalker

I'm new to the game and I need a cleric build
    I'll mainly do PVE and prefer ranged dps, some sorta of healing or tankiness, don't mind have a pet.

Edit: I like cabalist so far but its preferred to be an AE soul which I don't mind but I try to do solo so I don't die
    Last edited by DLMZX; 10-11-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DLMZX View Post
    I'm new to the game and I need a cleric build
    I'll mainly do PVE and prefer ranged dps, some sorta of healing or tankiness, don't mind have a pet.

Edit: I like cabalist so far but its preferred to be an AE soul which I don't mind but I try to do solo so I don't die
    I would suggest Druid preset and not to try and take on mobs that are more than 2 levels higher than your level. It isn't a range soul entirely. It has some range but it is mostly melee.
    Last edited by Planetx; 10-11-2014 at 09:03 PM.

You can roll cleric for dps but just make sure you are so good with it that your raid leaders will invite you regardless for dps
    be prepared to play off specs though, just in case its needed.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pokesi View Post
    You can roll cleric for dps but just make sure you are so good with it that your raid leaders will invite you regardless for dps
    be prepared to play off specs though, just in case its needed.
    Actually shaman is great DPS as far as pts testing goes, and inquisitor will be the new pyromancer come Monday on pts as well.

The added bonus for new players for choosing cleric as main is that as previously mentioned cleric is the only soul in game that can preform all 3 traditional "holy trinity" roles without any expansion soul purchase.

Soulwalker

I'd actually rather be unkillable(Selfhealing/tankyish and do damage) which soul tree combo

Ascendant

I'd actually rather be unkillable(Selfhealing/tankyish and do damage) which soul tree combo
    Defiler is pretty godlike not very high dps but its damn near impossible to kill unless you got a chain purger focusing you and purging you on cd. But this requires you to have SL soul.

Nothing is really unkillable and theres no godmode divine protection or blessing of protection bubble you can pop like in WoW Paladin.

Or you can roll a warrior and do warlord, they are good dps, tanky and has self healing just like what you wanted... but you have all but 1 more week to play warlord as 3.0 already has warlord scheduled to be severely nerfed to nothing but a medicore dps with utilities and no permission to die...

Rift Master

I don't know Justicar feels pretty god mode. Though you will take forever to kill things. Mesh Justicar and Druid properly and now your still next to unkillable PLUS you get a pet that heals you LOL.

You want good Ranged / Tank......Mage, 76 points split between the 2 pet souls and you can have a pretty amazing pet + all the ranged damage you want.

Chloro + Pet is pretty easy mode as well.

Prophet of Telara

Druid is best leveling spec in the game. After you hit level 60/65 then you can worry about everything else. You can get like 8 roles easily and respec them however you want. You sound like you think the soul system traps you into that and you can't respec. You can respec infinitely in Rift. You should only need 1 of each class to experience all of the souls which are available for each class in the beginning. The soul packs open up additional souls which allow you to use those souls in combination with every other soul.

TL;DR There is no messing up the early points and having to restart again. You can respec to your hearts content.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast