+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Blade Dancer!

Default Question about Blade Dancer!

So i read on a fansite that the Blade Dancer class wont be available at the start of the game but that it will be unlocked later in the game. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyTheKing View Post
    So i read on a fansite that the Blade Dancer class wont be available at the start of the game but that it will be unlocked later in the game. Is this true?
    I cannot find any evidence saying that the Blade dancer WON'T be available at character creation. But judging by what I read here

http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/system.php

And "The Ascended Class System" video here

http://www.riftgame.com/en/media/videos.php

You choose one soul (blade dancer) from a calling (warrior, mage, rogue, cleric) {blade dancer being in the rogue calling}. After that, you can unlock and equip other souls within the calling you chose at the start (you can have up to 3 souls equiped at any time)

hopefully this helps a little.

Ya thanks! I was just wondering if that had been said somewhere because thats what im planning on trying first

The blade dancer was not listed as one of the starting souls at PAX or Gamescom, so we assume that it is a heroic soul. The colored outline on the main page might be another indicator, but I think that was purely speculation. For now I'm going to say that you'll have to pick another soul to play through the first few levels.

I read somewhere that other souls will be available at 15, so if you can't start with Blade Dancer, you may be able to get it fairly early on.

ah, must have just missed the part that mentioned the "heroic" souls. Thanks for the heads up Selene

Yes thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    The blade dancer was not listed as one of the starting souls at PAX or Gamescom, so we assume that it is a heroic soul. The colored outline on the main page might be another indicator, but I think that was purely speculation. For now I'm going to say that you'll have to pick another soul to play through the first few levels.
    I did not notice the outline before i read this post. Is there more information somewhere about heroic souls/starter souls?

It was confirmed by a mod/dev that the outline around the bladedancer indicates that it is a heroic soul and is not available at character creation but will be available at level 15 or 30.

A new soul slot becomes available at 15/30, not the soul itself. We dont have any info yet, but the speculation is you might get your second soul as early as level 5. You will have to replace your current one to use it before lvl15/30 though, for you are going to have 1 soul slot before that.

Here's the quote from Abigale on a previous thread.

After reading this thread over the weekend, I came in to work today looking for answers. Here is what I found out.

Not all souls are available when you create your character. Some souls can only be obtained when you reach level 15/30.

The Blade Dancer is the first class we have revealed that is not a starter soul. That's why it is in purple.

There will be more purple outlines to come.
    So while you may get a second or 3rd soul before level 15 or 30 or whatever, heroic souls won't be available until you reach such levels.

Hmm, I would imagine/hope that they would allow some other choices other than the starters for the level 5 soul. Unless it's supposed to be a chance for you to switch roles in the event you don't like your initial choice kind of deal. I'm also hoping that when new souls are aquired at levels 15/30 you are refunded your skill points so you can put them in the tree you like better.

I'm not quite getting your point, but they gave some details of acquiring souls in their latest podcast. Basically you are going to have the choice of picking any soul among the ones you dont have when you get the opportunity. They are not going to limit it like hey, this soul is not for noobs, so you cant pick it the first 2 times you have the chance but only later in the game! They are just going to add some huge warnings and tips about the complexity or difficulty to handle several souls. They kinda think that not letting you pick a heroic soul right off the bat is enough time for the player to learn how to press buttons not to suck with it.

+ Reply to Thread