+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dungeon Dream Team!

Soulwalker

Default Dungeon Dream Team!

Hello!

I'm an unexperienced player, just started playing a week ago but I've been already to few dungeons and I'm curious about the perfect party for dungeon clearing...

So, in your opinion, what's the best possible party for dungeons? Which class would you see as a perfect combo? Which Tank, 2 DPS', Healer, Support?

Thank you for your answers ;)

Rift Chaser

You want 1 tank, 1 heal and 3 dps. Classes don't matter as long as everyone is good.

Since you are just getting into dungeons, you can disregard what comes after this point, but it's good to know should you ever get there.

The dream team consists of 1 tank and 4 dps. Just burst down every boss quickly. This however requires you to be completely overgeared. You might want a healer for trash.

The ideal healer is probably a Paladin/Warlord dps tank hybrid so stuff dies faster. Requires a capable healer for trash.
    The ideal healer is probably a Chloromancer for Living Energy, Wild Growth and personal dps contribution.
    The ideal dps is Pyromancer and other burst-heavy souls for bosses and properly played aoe-souls for trash.
    Last edited by SpectralDerp; 09-16-2014 at 06:25 AM.

[QUOTE]The ideal healer is probably a Paladin/Warlord dps tank hybrid so stuff dies faster. /QUOTE]
    I guess you meant tank ;)

But why use a warrior when you can just get a justicar? Sustained healing so you wont even need a healer, provided ofc the group is over-geared like you said.

For my "perfect" group set-up it would look something like this:

Two clerics, one playing Justicar the other playing oracle.

Reason for this: Justicars (if well played) can keep themselves, and the group up, along with having a cleanse with the correct spec.

Oracle, while being able to do awesome damage as a support spec, it can also solo heal an instance with an overgeared tank, while providing the group buffs and debuffs.

For the dps i would choose 1 warrior, 1 mage and 1 rogue.

1 warrior playing tempest, because tempest does decent st and aoe dps, it also gives the group Focus Fire for the bigger deeps yo.

One rogue, that is able to play Assassin and Bladedancer. Bladedancer can do immense aoe burst for trash, while its not sustained like sab is the trash shouldnt last long enough for that to make a difference.

Being assassin gives you lethal poision, while doing some awesome ST dps.

Lastly, the mage. - Pyro. I dont think i need a reason for that

But, thats just me ;) And it wont matter that much anyway unless youre going to have 4 set people youre gonna do dungeons with

Plane Walker

BEST team would be 5 mages. Arbiter, Chloro, and 3 Pyros. Best tank, best dungeon heals because of the additional chloro damage, and three times top dps a.k.a. Pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    BEST team would be 5 mages. Arbiter, Chloro, and 3 Pyros. Best tank, best dungeon heals because of the additional chloro damage, and three times top dps a.k.a. Pyro.
    Make the tank a Oracleicar and change one of those dps mage to Harbchon or replace it for a beastmaster.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    Not true actually. The best tank for an expert "dream team group" for quick runs would be a 41/35 Warrior tank. You're not going to beat a 20k-25k DPS tank who requires little to no healing.

Like RoughRaptors said, warrior is the way to go for expert tanking. Other tanks can't do anywhere close to hybrid paladin/warlord DPS because of their tank stances.

Dreamteam
    Tank: Warrior - 41 warlord/35 paladin
    Healer: Mage - 38 chloro/38 harb
    Support: Harbchon - 40 archon/36 harb
    DPS: Pyromancer x 2 that can also Stormcaller

Can also replace the Healer for a 61 Druid cleric if your group gear is so kick *** the warrior doesn't need much heals.

In the end, it always come down to the players, not the class/spec.
    I'll make an expert pug faster on my Arbiter than on my Warladin because I can't pull fast with a pug healer unless he's geared while my Arbiter I could probably pull half the dungeon and still survive.
    Last edited by Snap; 09-22-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Prophet of Telara

warlord tank,cloroarchon(flaring,lava,wildgrowth) 3 dps

Telaran

wl/pally tank, oracle (or bard) support/buffs/debuffs and heals if necessary, and srsly u guys didn't even come close:

THREE SHAMANS.

no need to change specs for trash and boss.

and maybe even this might faster, even tho less dps (since the above has the op wl/pally):

cleric 54/22 self heal aoe cleanse tank and FOUR SHAMANS.

done.
    Pokerchips <Coriolis> Chericee <-Virus-> Fluffyric <Yakisoba>

Rift Chaser

personally id say

Warrior tank (possibly Warladin)
    Oracle healer (with 12 Justicar for RM)
    Harb/pyro chon
    Pyro
    Shaman

in Oraclicar I have healed many experts and can pull 20-25k ST and upto 35k+ on AoE plus the buffs are a nice group boost. Shaman is a great ST-AoE build meaning not much need for role swapping, Pyro brings the ST pain for fast boss kills and the chon if needs be can be replaced by another high DPS possibly with one that can swap between ST-AoE seamlessly (another Shaman?).

I had a group similar to this the other night except the Harb/pyro chon listed above was replaced by a Defiler healer and I went full DPS Oracle. we were pulling ST numbers of over 100k on some fights with bosses melting in under 20s and no dungeon runs over 10mins. the trick to a good dungeon team is chain pulling with seemless ST-AoE dps that only requires brief stops to finish off bosses or to wait for them to finish spouting gibberish (i.e. Exodus).
    Last edited by Fliptrik; 09-23-2014 at 01:25 AM.

You guys are clowns...

Tank: Justsent
    DPS: 3 x Shaman
    Supp: Oracle

5 Clerics = Dream Team.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    You guys are clowns...

Tank: Justsent
    DPS: 3 x Shaman
    Supp: Oracle

5 Clerics = Dream Team.
    inv pls~!!~~~~~`
    Pokerchips <Coriolis> Chericee <-Virus-> Fluffyric <Yakisoba>

ANy combo that allows me to rush through dungeon is good. No need to be picky

RIFT Guide Writer

Fwiw a stormbiter is an awesome dps tank aswell. Its not far behind a warrior, if at all.
    Oh and harbchon is still by far my favourite spec for experts, no respecing since it just destroys trash and its ST is still on par with most actual dps specs.
    Last edited by paschl; 09-23-2014 at 01:31 AM.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Clone myself four times. There you go. Best dungeon team ever.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast